Another Landscape Drawing for Taco Guys Contest :3

You guys know that abstract art is still art right? Not everything has to look realistic.
The fact that it's abstract art doesn't mean it can dismiss basic aesthetic principles, like having a point of focus.

The fact that it's abstract art doesn't mean it can dismiss basic aesthetic principles, like having a point of focus.

Actually... yes it does \_(o_o)_/. If I don't want my art to be aesthetic, it doesn't have to be. And you don't have to like it ;)

guess what? someone made a painting of a white piece of paper somewhere around 1930
and we have been discussing about it in art class
result: it is art @_o

Actually... yes it does \_(o_o)_/. If I don't want my art to be aesthetic, it doesn't have to be. And you don't have to like it ;)
This isn't a matter of personal preference or taste, this is basic stuff. The fact that people noticed something off about the technique doesn't relate to what they "like". Some even said that the drawing itself is great.

OK let's put it this way: Do you consider that this work can be developed further to become even better?

OK let's put it this way: Do you consider that this work can be developed further to become even better?

I believe he did say he was still working on it. Even if we wasn't, art is not like music or talents. You can not work on them to make them better, they are perfect the way the artist wants them.

I believe he did say he was still working on it. Even if we wasn't, art is not like music or talents. You can not work on them to make them better, they are perfect the way the artist wants them.
I disagree. Art can be perfected. If you and everyone you shared the song with notices your song lacks just a bit of bass to hit the sweet spot you need to improve it, not just dismiss it.

guess what? someone made a painting of a white piece of paper somewhere around 1930
and we have been discussing about it in art class
result: it is art @_o
Guess what?
In the National Art Gallery of Australia (a fantastic place, for the record), there is an artwork which is, quite literally, a blue square within a green square.
It was bought for $200,000.
But it's art.

I disagree. Art can be perfected. If you and everyone you shared the song with notices your song lacks just a bit of bass to hit the sweet spot you need to improve it, not just dismiss it.
Art is perfected in the mind of the artist, not in the eyes of the critics. If the artist thinks his work is perfect, it is perfect. (though nothing can truly be perfect, there is always a flaw, but thats just human nature) On my first post, I said, "Eye of the beholder." In your opinion, if is flawed, there can be room for improvement. In the artists eyes, it is a perfect piece of work that he hand crafted.

NOTHING can be perfected. You are contradicting yourself here. Perfection is to the eye of the beholder.
The perfect you speak of would be the view of a man who makes a decision and it is the truth. This is impossible.
I am perfect.PNG

lul

other note. It turns out the xcf file(the raw gimp file) for the mountain is non existent. I can not find it on my computer. :s
So, the way the picture looks now is the way it will always look. So in other terms, hawke, deal with it and either appreciate it the way I do, or stop complaining that it is abstract.

Back