• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Setting personal spawn point

StTheo

Is there a way to set a personal spawn point? I'm out on my own, and, while I don't have a town, I was hoping to be able to spawn in my base if I died. If this is some kind of anti-grief protection, I'll understand, but I'd like to get some kind of feedback at the least.

Going to sleep automatically resets your spawn point in non-bukkit, not sure if that works on our server
Probably still the case

Beds don't, and likely never will, work on the server. Woot has talked about it many times before and I believe they're too broken when it comes to SMP.

Beds don't, and likely never will, work on the server. Woot has talked about it many times before and I believe they're too broken when it comes to SMP.
What did Woot say about beds?

Why don't beds work? For some reason my bed only seems to work if I die in the nether.

I don't get how not having beds is anti-grief.

Reporting and banning is anti-grief.
I can see how requiring sign island for lava/water and turning off tnt is anti-grief.
Player traps behind signs warning people to stay out can be anti-grief too.
I'm sure there are other things also..

But I don't get how having beds disabled is anti-griefing.

Working beds would be very useful for people who plan to build far away from main spawns.

Personally imma be ok cause I am working on a rail system but just curious as to why beds are disabled.

Beds only work with a small glitch. When you die anywhere except for the nether you go back the last of the three spawn points assigned to the map. If you were to die in the Nether and you slept in a bed then you would go back to the bed insted of the last visted spawn point. Woot has stated before (many times I think) that beds have been disabled. Plus, with beds enabled it ruins the survival aspect of the game.

Plus, with beds enabled it ruins the survival aspect of the game.
If the only way back to your bed is to die then all it would do is save you walk time from spawn after death. The other death penalties would still be intact right? Things like exp loss, inventory drop, inventory destroyed by lava, ect. So I don't get how it ruins the survival aspact. From what I can see it would only remove long walks from the death penalty, which don't rly make much sense anyways. Though respawning period doesn't exactly make sense lul. If there were NO respawn like in hardcore mode now that would be survival for ya. Not tough enough? Throw in hard mode where not eating will KILL you. XD

This is the only game I remember ever playing where a long walk was potentially part of the death penalty lol.

But yea thinking about it.. I guess it would be possible for someone looking to exploit game weakness could exploit a working beds. That's the only good reason I can think of for it to be disabled, but would be cool to find some kinda way to fix that. Like maybe adding a lil more spawn points to the map or something.

There is a graveyard system, but it is completely broken.

In most cities, if you die, the graveyard you spawn in is FARTHER AWAY THAN THE SPAWN. (This happens in Cydonia, if you die, you spawn in a graveyard that is over 1000 blocks farther away than the spawn).

Instead of enabling beds (which are pointless unless you are lazy) why don't you ask about something useful? like why do we have to travel back to spawn to sell diamonds and cobble, rather than having trader bill outposts all over the place to make it easier?

Instead of enabling beds (which are pointless unless you are lazy) why don't you ask about something useful? like why do we have to travel back to spawn to sell diamonds and cobble, rather than having trader bill outposts all over the place to make it easier?

Cuz den da server wud B no fun!

Suggestion:

Pay $1,000 to set a spawn point for you.

Possible fix: Beds can only work within a towny plot.

This would make beds be used more for a home recall so wouldn't be as abusable. Like you couldn't just bring your bed into a build site outside of your town so you can go suicidal crazy. You wouldn't be able to just carry a bed with you wherever you go to use as a mobile spawn point.. only as a home base spawn. Unless you want to build an outpost claimed with towny, but then you still have to pay up the plot fee.

Would also give a lil more reason to want to join a town. Would make town hotels more than something pretty to look at.

Could make beds usable without being so easily abused and without taking away from the "survival aspect" as much.

Possible fix: Beds can only work within a towny plot.

This would make beds be used more for a home recall so wouldn't be as abusable. Like you couldn't just bring your bed into a build site outside of your town so you can go suicidal crazy. You wouldn't be able to just carry a bed with you wherever you go to use as a mobile spawn point.. only as a home base spawn.

Would also give a lil more reason to want to join a town. Would make town hotels more than something pretty to look at.

I was thinking of something where you pay $1000 to set a spawn point, and as long as there is a bed there, you will spawn there.If there isn't a bed there, you don't spawn there.

Back