• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

MMO week/month?

Marsh653

Yes this is a response to the idea of a horror week from Dr.Sheep.

I think it would be kind of neat to see wooty, or the entire team9k group, play some MMOs sometime soon. Mabye even make a event out of it such as just a week of playing MMOs.

P.S. If you do decide to do this I'd recommend doing free ones so you can change out quickly without cost.

P.S.P.S. I got the idea sort of from another user to since he did like a mmo week for him to, seemed like it would be neat to see you guys do it.

P.S.P.S.P.S. I like pie

Yes this is a response to the idea of a horror week from Dr.Sheep.

I think it would be kind of neat to see wooty, or the entire team9k group, play some MMOs sometime soon. Mabye even make a event out of it such as just a week of playing MMOs.

P.S. If you do decide to do this I'd recommend doing free ones so you can change out quickly without cost.

P.S.P.S. I got the idea sort of from another user to since he did like a mmo week for him to, seemed like it would be neat to see you guys do it.

P.S.P.S.P.S. I like pie

MMO's are meh. Dunno how exciting that would be to braodcast.

P.S. For multiple P.S.'s, it goes P.P.S., P.P.P.S., etc.

For MMO's, it will be me or tommy fulfilling that... and it whilst we both have fond memories of wow, we will not be playing wow...

As for MMO-Betas, if oyu have suggestions let us know and we will be all up on that shizz....

All this talk of MMO's makes me want to dust off my FFXI CD's all 8 of them and start playing again. Holding out hope that I get into the FFXIV beta someday but it looks pretty grim ;(. *goes off in search of his install disks*

All this talk of MMO's makes me want to dust off my FFXI CD's all 8 of them and start playing again. Holding out hope that I get into the FFXIV beta someday but it looks pretty grim ;(. *goes off in search of his install disks*

I'm not a fan of MMO's in the first place, but then you go and ruin one of my favorite RPG series by turning it into an MMO? I HATE FFXI. There has not been a good (console) Final Fantasy since FFX; or FFIX depending on who you're talking to. Only good handheld Final Fantasy was Crisis Core.

/rant

I'm not a fan of MMO's in the first place, but then you go and ruin one of my favorite RPG series by turning it into an MMO? I HATE FFXI. There has not been a good (console) Final Fantasy since FFX; or FFIX depending on who you're talking to...

I can understand why you don't like FFXI. It's most definitely not a game for everyone. On top of that, the first time through level's 5-10 was so painfully boring that alot of people probably didn't even make it through to level 10. Once I made it past that the game opened up into what I consider a great MMO. Mainly because of the community. I've played WoW, and I still play Guild Wars and neither of them have a community anywhere close to what I found in FFXI. However, you milage may vary I'm sure. I've also found that FFXI has the best job system of any of the MMO's I've found (<3 Summoner).

I will say that FFX was definitely the last of the great console FF's (I consider FFXI a PC game. Since the PS2 with a HDD is lolz). I did like XII (again I can see why people didn't) but it wasn't great like you'd expect from a series like Final Fantasy. XIII was a bit of a let down for me. XIII for me is like XII was for everyone else.

Again though, your milage may vary. Hopefully I'm not coming across like I think you're wrong and FFXI is the best thing ever, because that's definitely not the case. I wish that SE would release a console Final Fantasy game that was as good as X (and VIII since that's one of my favorites. Yes I know everyone else in existance likes VII way more :D), but we can only wait to see what they're going to do. So far I'm not impressed :(

*EDIT*- this is probably almost tl;dr worthy. Sorry for the length lol

back to the subject at hand though, MMO's: any suggestions for anything you may want to be seen played? I have honestly never played Guild Wars, and apart from that, im not horribly ingrained in the MMO world, but would be interested playing anything as long as it gets thumbs up.

Here's the thing about Guild Wars: there is NO monthly fee. So it makes a great option for someone who doesn't have the time to progress in a more in depth MMO like FFXI or WoW. Other good things about it are you can buy one, all, or anywhere in between of the different campaigns and still enjoy the game. If you do own more than one campaign, after you reach a certain point you can move your character(s) between them at any time. Giving you access to campaign exclusive spells on characters that otherwise wouldn't be able to get them.

In other MMO's you have to pay usually per character, Guild wars gives you the ability to make 4 if you own one campaign and gives you 2 more slots for every campaign after the first you add to your account. Since the level cap is only 20 being able to make more characters is very nice and lets you experience the different classes the game has to offer without breaking your wallet.

Now onto what I consider the bad: Very little community except for PVP. The only time you'll see other players is while you are in Towns and Outposts(and PVP if you play). The game is structured such that when you go into an explorable area you get your own "copy" of the area for you and your party members(if any). This is both a blessing and a curse I suppose, because it means you won't be competing against anyone to claim that elite monster, but it also means if you run into trouble no one will be there to help you.

At times Guild Wars can feel more like single player than MMO because most of the mission can be done with the help of NPC's. Again, this great if you don't have much time to put into the game, or if you don't have a regular play schedule. It's a game you can play at your leisure This game doesn't discourage teamwork, but it does make it possible for you to get things done on your own.

All in all I've found Guild Wars to be the best MMO for someone who only wants to play casually. It's a game that you can play whenever you find time. You don't have to wait to find other people to get things done, and you can experiment with many different classes without spending extra money.

If it's a game you are interested in trying they offer a free trial of the game http://www.guildwars.com/freetrial/. If you want to buy the game I'd suggest starting with the Nightfall campaign. It's the easiest campaign to get into and you get access to NPC's that you can give orders to, and assign their skills which makes them more helpful than the typical NPC.

now there is a game i am trying that came out like a week ago

It's called Fantasy Earth Zero. The game looks to be very PvP based, but it's of the few new non targeting system MMORPGS. ok graphics so lower powered pcs can try it out.

Main thing is the PvP i think since you are in compition with 4 other nations (5 total nations) there are 3 classes: Warrior, Scout/hunter, and sorcerers. Each have a rock paper scissors style of strength against eachother.

Seems good so far, but i need to play some more

lolz yeah. I kinda figured. I looked at my post afterwards and was like "that has far to many paragraphs....no one is going to read that". Sorry for it being so long :D

Speaking of that, has anyone here read T9K:TOTWAAB?

Awesome Smiley.gif

now there is a game i am trying that came out like a week ago

It's called Fantasy Earth Zero. The game looks to be very PvP based, but it's of the few new non targeting system MMORPGS. ok graphics so lower powered pcs can try it out.

Main thing is the PvP i think since you are in compition with 4 other nations (5 total nations) there are 3 classes: Warrior, Scout/hunter, and sorcerers. Each have a rock paper scissors style of strength against eachother.

Seems good so far, but i need to play some more

I am not really a fan of non-target system...

Back