• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Incoming Wipe Thread

StTheo

The wipe has been confirmed by one Sonic S. Wootalizer. For today. I was wondering, could the new world be generated with the latest snapshot (and large biomes, maybe)?

It would mean there would be pyramids, jungle temples, desert villages, villager trading, etc.

...it just means downloading a jar file and changing a few settings.

Mainly, this jar file and setting "level-type=DEFAULT" to "level-type=LARGEBIOMES".

First of all,

it's sad that a wipe has to occur because of griefers. Whether or not you or I agree with a wipe, it shouldn't have to occur because of some idiots kids running around thinking it's fun to blackhat hack. So wrong.

Despise the hacking/griefing by immature pricks, I think a wipe is needed, based upon the updates that are occuring from Mojang (ie, jungles, etc). I think StTheo makes an excellent suggestion, and that it should be implemented.

I dont exaclty know when it will happen, a few days after 1.3? A few hours from now? We dont know... so lets just all sit back, and let this pass over

As much as I don't want a wipe because of all our work on this server... I'm going to have to agree with StTheo and Mountainboy.

The wipe has been confirmed by one Sonic S. Wootalizer. For today. I was wondering, could the new world be generated with the latest snapshot (and large biomes, maybe)?

It would mean there would be pyramids, jungle temples, desert villages, villager trading, etc.
Too much work...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!! SHIT MINECRAFT WONT OPEN!

I do, but it's not extensive. At most, it has Haven, old Cydonia, Spawn, and my own town. It may or may not have Caprica.

I wouldnt personally need it for Caprica (I know Caprica like the back of my hand), so if it's got Cydonia, Spawn, and Haven, that's good enough for me. However, for other people, I'm sure they'd like to know if there are more maps available of the whole world (like Eze, or Judgementiv's town, or Maridia, etc).

New Town System:

Some of you may have picked up pieces of this from the chat, but here's the full scoop. Towny is going away. It works poorly, it does more than we need, and it doesn't do some of the things we DO need.

In its place, I will be creating a new webapp (think something like Launch), where you can create and maintain your Towns. You can buy plots through the webapp, which will deduct the relevant credits from your account. You can setup other users as "assistants," and can make a list of players who will have build access in your town.

Each time you make a change on the webapp, a script will generate a new WorldGuard region protection file, containing all the new cities and permissions. WorldGuard will be in charge of all the protections and permissions for each city.

Sub-town permissions will probably come eventually, but will not be available in the first release.

Back