FPS Games that would interest you more than CoD!

Darth_Purrface

1. Battlefield 3
AHHHH Battlefield, it's an fps that lets you ride nearly EVERYTHING in the game. (no you can't ride your friends) And it has better graphics than CoD. The strategic approach in the game is............. interesting, so if your the average smartypants and likes to kill people, play Battlefield.

2. Unreal tournament 3
This is one of my favorite fps....s! Unreal tournament boasts a futuristic setting with several....... weird vehicles. Unfortunately, the game's popularity has decreased drastically over the years, even though the game play is excellent :(. Due to that, multiplayer is very difficult cuz the only players are ones who've been playing for YEARS! How did they get soooo talented in the game? You see, in game you have the ability jump around like super fly (if you get the hand of it) and several power ups that are hard to knock off exist. The presence of easily controlled vehicles is also a problem. Luckily, the game doesn't fail to look good :).

3. Halo Reach
I like Halo, like ut3, it boasts a futuristic setting. The game play in halo is similar other games, but seems slightly more strategic. You play as master.... sombody, in a mission to save humanity. In the game, the try to fight tons of alien..........things that will (obviously) try to kill you. So if you like to wear strange armor, play Halo reach.

4. Crysis 2
Although the game play is average, lots of people still buy it and like it more than CoD. Why? That's because it's the great overlord of next gen graphics!!!!!!!! The graphics are candy, the shading is perfect, destructibily is pretty common, and the lighting.......wow. If your tired of staring at full, smelly garbage cans, play Crysis 2 (or 1 if you like vegetation).
Click the pics to see them properly.

Attachments

• images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    8 KB · Views: 127
  • images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 130
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 124
  • images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 127
  • images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 122
  • images (6).jpg
    images (6).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 133
  • images (7).jpg
    images (7).jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 124
  • images (8).jpg
    images (8).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 127
I kind of forgot about team fortress 2 (the amazing game that takes you to a WHOLE new level of craziness)! Tf2 is sooooo entertaining to watch and play at the same time :). You can shoot people with........ random things, and defend your side of the fortress. Sounds common, right? How is it fun?! HOW IS IT FUN?! Like i said, shooting people with random objects is very fun (it's too fun to describe). Lets just move on to the picture part. Well actually, the game is gory and fast and i mean really really fast. :)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 122
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 121
I kind of forgot about team fortress 2 (the amazing game that takes you to a WHOLE new level of craziness)! Tf2 is sooooo entertaining to watch and play at the same time :). You can shoot people with........ random things, and defend your side of the fortress. Sounds common, right? How is it fun?! HOW IS IT FUN?! Like i said, shooting people with random objects is very fun (it's too fun to describe). Lets just move on to the picture part. Well actually, the game is gory and fast and i mean really really fast. :)
You've never actually played the game, have you.

maybe a double-post....but this game will forever be the original FPS in my opinion.
250px-Perfect_dark_box.jpg

Many of you are probably too young to ever have played the original Perfect Dark - but it was the most advanced FPS of its time and it introduced the world to the FPS genre's potential. It introduced new techniques that were so far ahead of its time that when I play BF3, I get deja vu. This game.....Perfect Dark....I still dig out my N64 and play it from time to time. It never gets old.

maybe a double-post....but this game will forever be the original FPS in my opinion.
250px-Perfect_dark_box.jpg

Many of you are probably too young to ever have played the original Perfect Dark - but it was the most advanced FPS of its time and it introduced the world to the FPS genre's potential. It introduced new techniques that were so far ahead of its time that when I play BF3, I get deja vu. This game.....Perfect Dark....I still dig out my N64 and play it from time to time. It never gets old.

*cough* Golden Eye re-skinned! *cough-cough*

Say that all you want, it only proves how little you know about the two games :p

I played them both when I was a kid. There were some additions to PD that made the game different from Golden Eye, but they were essentially the same, right down to the playable midget character that was a pain in the ass to kill. One the things I loved about PD over GE was the inclusion of AI you can play against, and that there were seven (I think seven) different AI types you could play against. Oh, and the dragon was pretty bad-ass. An assault rifle that was crazy deadly with an awesome scope that could also be used as a bomb when you ran out of ammo? AMA-ZA-ZING.

Back