• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

[MC] Serpent's Pass Thread

TheGurw

This thread is for everything related to the City of Serpent's Pass on the Minecraft Server. Please feel free to post announcements, requests, info, questions, anything related to the City of Newbank. In the near future, this post will contain information directly related to the city such as player shops, current build projects, and various other relevant things.

Hinterlands Portal Location
290x, -363z
2014-10-05_08.07.19.png

[collapse=Applications for Residents (OPEN)]

Applications for residents are closed until at least 3 players are appointed to the City Council.

If you wish to be whitelisted in the city, please follow the following application format. NOTE: Members of the Team9000 Community who have played for longer than 1 year do not need to have a reference! Only new members need to have a player vouch for them.

RESIDENT APPLICATION
IGN (case-sensitive):
Length of Time in the Community:
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On (if applicable, See Here for a list of official maps):
Member to Vouch for You (if you've been here less than a year):
[/collapse]

[collapse=City Council Applications (CLOSED)]
We are trying something different with this city. To try and preserve the "prettiness" of the city map, we're going to implement a "city council." Ideally, these players are well-established members of the server willing to spend a majority of their playtime in Serpent's Pass. These players will be in charge of building roads, city-builds (like a city hall, for example), and suggesting where builds should go.

Players interested can apply with the form at the bottom of this spoiler, or any resident can nominate any other resident.

This is not a position of power. Rather, this is just to keep the city looking relatively organized and visually appealing. You will not be able to tell players what kind of house they can build - but make the suggestion that perhaps a shop should go in the "market" area with all the other shops, for example. Or if a player wants to have a large area assigned to build something like a dragon or giant mansion, the city council can ask to see the plans first before assigning an area.

We the Administration do not wish to see any drama or fighting over plots and the like. What the Council says is not final, if a player does not like the response received, the Admins can and will step in to make final decisions.

We do not want to limit the creativity of the players or the freedom enjoyed in the other cities - but as this is a custom world, we'd like to see more of a cooperative city build than the mish-mash of randomness that exists in the other two cities.

Council Members will get a prefix of [SPC] affixed to their IGN.

The Administration reserves the right to hire and fire council members as they see fit and/or dissolve the council if it proves to cause too much controversy. All Council positions can have multiple players filling the position at any given moment. Members are expected to discuss all major plans with the rest of the council. Membership is voluntary and members can resign at any time provided they notify the Admins.

If you wish to apply for a position on the City Council, please use the following format:
COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN:
Position Requested:
Time with Team9000:

Current Council Positions Available:
Head Minister (settles disputes among the Council and is responsible for the overall layout of the city)
Transport Minister (plans roads and rails with the rest of the Council to facilitate quick travel around the city)
Residential Minister (plans the layout and look of residential areas with the Transport Minister and Head Minister)
Commercial Minister (plans the layout of commercial areas with the Transport Minister and Head Minister)
Arts Minister (assists players with building fancy structures and helps beautify the landscape with flowers and other decorations)

[/collapse]

Current Council Members:
Head Ministers: Jaffl3
Transport Ministers: DutchCheese, allimon
Residential Ministers: Pyrhos, Alfisonson, Jantey
Commercial Ministers: babybacon, mightythedj23
Arts Ministers: mountainboy965

Current Residents:
rsmv2you
Jaffl3
DutchCheese
nickgaming3733
lacar1601
mountainboy965
babybacon
kimbal86
allimon
DOS622
mightythedj23
Pyrhos
Alfisonson
Jantey
Thomassientje
Tsysin

Woohoo! Hope you all enjoy the map. Really excited to actually see some builds on a landscape I created.
Since I don't play as actively to properly take a council position I'll just enjoy building alongside everyone else on the map. If anyone needs any terraforming help to make a house or build fit into the environment I can lend some help in that though.

I think this is a really good idea, when I first saw the map I thought it would almost be a shame to build over it, so I think this is perfect.
Also, if we don't get the position we apply for are we able to immediately apply for another?

COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN: Jaffl3
Position Requested: Head Minister
Time with Team9000: Since May 2011. I have experience running my own town on the 1.0, 1.3 and 1.5 (LTS) servers.

Thank you for your consideration, sir. ;)

ooooh, this is interesting

COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN: DutchCheese
Position Requested: Transport Minister
Time with Team9000: since december 2010, had experience in eagle pass and other cydonian supported cities. also helped in SB

Just preparing...

RESIDENTS APPLICATION
IGN: nickgaming3733
Length of Time in the Community: 2010 [Count the years yourseldf XD]
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On : 1.5 World

I nominate mountainboy for Arts Minister.

I'll announce my candidacy for Head Minister
COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN: lacar1601
Time with Team9000: 2 years, 4 months.

I think this is a really good idea, when I first saw the map I thought it would almost be a shame to build over it, so I think this is perfect.
Also, if we don't get the position we apply for are we able to immediately apply for another?

COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN: Jaffl3
Time with Team9000: Since May 2011. I have experience running my own town on the 1.0, 1.3 and 1.5 (LTS) servers.

Thank you for your consideration, sir. ;)
Accepted
I nominate mountainboy for Arts Minister.
Mountainboy965 has accepted the position of Arts Minister.
ooooh, this is interesting

COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN: DutchCheese
Position Requested: Transport Minister
Time with Team9000: since december 2010, had experience in eagle pass and other cydonian supported cities. also helped in SB
Accepted.

EDIT: To reflect in-game discussions.

IGN: Babybacon
Position Requested: Commercial Minister
Time with Team9000: 3 years
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On: 1.5

IGN (case-sensitive): Kimbal86
Length of Time in the Community: 3 years and counting
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On (if applicable, See Here for a list of official maps): 1.5 world. Trees are diamonds :O

COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN: Tsysin
Position Requested: Social Secretary
Time with Team9000: I have always existed

IGN (case-sensitive): allimon
Length of Time in the Community: 3+ Years
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On (if applicable, See Here for a list of official maps): herpderp

COUNCIL APPLICATION
IGN: Tsysin
Position Requested: Social Secretary
Time with Team9000: I have always existed
This is not a position that is available. Herp Derp.

IGN (case-sensitive): allimon
Length of Time in the Community: 3+ Years
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On (if applicable, See Here for a list of official maps): herpderp
Accepted.

Back