Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Some time ago, I fixed up some of the T9K 1.0 world around spawn:

- Rebuilt spawn tower and Global Portal System (is that what it was called?) spawn portal. I'm not sure if the shops were exactly to the final configuration, but I think they might have been. I didn't finish fixing the new player quiz underneath it. Didn't fix the land around the tower but did remove all the lava.

- Rebuilt the sphinx ("Cairo") and Arcata Station (the station for going to Arcata which was near the sphinx) and the other Arcata plots near the sphinx, as much as I could from the screenshots I had. Didn't fix the main Arcata city area.

- Did a very minimal amount of fixing of my own town, most of the grief (deletion) isn't reverted.

I can provide two .mca files with the changes if you want to include them in the museum world.

I would definitely appreciate that!

Since people are actually going to see it, I was inspired to spend more time fixing some more things up, and I'm still working on that.

Screenshots of any of the destroyed areas would be helpful, if anyone has them.

Also, are all these jungle trees around the (rebuilt) spawn tower the work of the griefers? They certainly aren't natural because jungle biomes didn't even exist when the world was created, and some of them are right next to each other - they're not laid out well, they look like they were just spammed. Does anyone remember them being there before the grief? I don't.

2015-04-06_14.06.54.png

Double posting to say that the problem has been fixed. It was an error with Creeper's Labs.
The server had put me into the 'sculptor' group, which locked me out of chat and using any buttons. It's now been fixed by UE.
Ah, glad that's been worked out.
Since people are actually going to see it, I was inspired to spend more time fixing some more things up, and I'm still working on that.

Screenshots of any of the destroyed areas would be helpful, if anyone has them.

Also, are all these jungle trees around the (rebuilt) spawn tower the work of the griefers? They certainly aren't natural because jungle biomes didn't even exist when the world was created, and some of them are right next to each other - they're not laid out well, they look like they were just spammed. Does anyone remember them being there before the grief? I don't.

View attachment 144609
The admins at the time might have planted a few after 1.2 came out.

Boss mobs are back! While I try and port all my commandhelper scripts to Java, the mobs will drop their drops from my personal server (gold/emerald/lapis/diamond). Later on they'll drop more creative items.

Also, the boss blaze is a tad bit more difficult when it's almost dead. A fire-resistance potion or two is highly suggested.

Ah, glad that's been worked out.

The admins at the time might have planted a few after 1.2 came out.

This thread started March 31, 2012 is discussing going to 1.2.5, with a strong implication that 1.2.x was already running, but I have screenshots from April 16 with no jungle trees in them. I doubt that if the admins added jungle trees they added them long after jungle biomes were added. I also went to the spawn tower often and don't seem to recall any jungle trees ever being there but I might have forgotten!

This thread started March 31, 2012 is discussing going to 1.2.5, with a strong implication that 1.2.x was already running, but I have screenshots from April 16 with no jungle trees in them. I doubt that if the admins added jungle trees they added them long after jungle biomes were added. I also went to the spawn tower often and don't seem to recall any jungle trees ever being there but I might have forgotten!https://www.team9000.net/threads/jungle-tree-sapling-so-close-yet-so-far.18236/
We had jungle trees earlier than that: https://www.team9000.net/threads/jungle-tree-sapling-so-close-yet-so-far.18236/

So just out of curiosity (since there are too many pages for me to sift through this thread), what sort of resources would a console-based Minecraft server require? It seems like that's an untapped area for new players we could consider providing. I'm aware that the console version is many updates behind and not as easily modded(?), but hey, maybe it'll bring some new blood sacrifices faces?

EDT: I don't actually have a console, but from the irl people i've talked with about gaming and Minecraft specifically, the existence of a console server does come up pretty frequently as a question.

So just out of curiosity (since there are too many pages for me to sift through this thread), what sort of resources would a console-based Minecraft server require? It seems like that's an untapped area for new players we could consider providing. I'm aware that the console version is many updates behind and not as easily modded(?), but hey, maybe it'll bring some new blood sacrifices faces?

EDT: I don't actually have a console, but from the irl people i've talked with about gaming and Minecraft specifically, the existence of a console server does come up pretty frequently as a question.
I don't think a console server is a thing...as far as I know, you host your single player world for friends to play on, and you're hosting it on your console, I don't think you can have a dedicated server.

I don't think a console server is a thing...as far as I know, you host your single player world for friends to play on, and you're hosting it on your console, I don't think you can have a dedicated server.
Console based play requires one person to create a map, then the others join that world. Only that player can host that world again, so if he ain't online, you ain't playin'.

Server's back up

Edit: We also now have a creative world, accessible by "/creative". You can leave with "/survival". Your inventory must be empty, and /survival will send you back to the main world's spawn, not where you left. I'll fix that eventually.

Last edited:
The museum world doesn't seem to have Newbank and Southbridge, were they deemed not worth keeping? :(

Wow, holy shit. Does this mean builds from 3-4 years ago are still magically up? I couldn't sleep tonight and I'm sifting through some nostalgic pc gaming memories :)

Console based play requires one person to create a map, then the others join that world. Only that player can host that world again, so if he ain't online, you ain't playin'.
Aah, mk. That's good to know. Also, is it just me or has the front page indicator for the server on T9K not switched over to tracking who is in the Creeper's lab connected server? with the nature of how the partnership exists, would that be feasible to fix?

On the creative would, could you change the time to midday permanently? I'm using a shader for this new contest and It's kinda mucking everything up having the sun almost set.

On the creative would, could you change the time to midday permanently? I'm using a shader for this new contest and It's kinda mucking everything up having the sun almost set.
maybe add a button instead that can switch between the dead of night and midday?

Back