• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Applications for ALL new city proposals (Portal access)

Callum

This is for everyone wanting there idea of a new city-
Please include the following:

• Name of city
  • Layout of city
  • Idea of city
  • Is it whitelist?
  • How far away is it from Respawn point/all other cities
  • What size will the housing be/build limit
  • Any other information

This will then be made into a poll for the public to decide. Please note the stupid ideas will not be counted and the Posting will stop at GMT: 12am on the 10th of June if posted after this your idea will not be counted.

ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME!

Sure. But I have a few questions first.

1. Has this been approved by Wooty?
2. Why the 10th of June?
3. Who decides what is 'stupid' and what is not? Even a troll post can be counted as serious, the public vote can decide on the stupidity.
4. How about waiting until Minecraft 1.6 is stable?

- HerpVille
- A bit of herp surrounded by derp
- its a city for the herps so they can derp a bit more about herpaderping
- no, its derplisted
- walk from spawn, then turn when u see a sign with Herp on it, then the next turn, go right. then go up in the sky.
- everyone must live in a 10x10x10 square with a door, no windows allowed

Sure. But I have a few questions first.

1. Has this been approved by Wooty?
2. Why the 10th of June?
3. Who decides what is 'stupid' and what is not? Even a troll post can be counted as serious, the public vote can decide on the stupidity.
4. How about waiting until Minecraft 1.6 is stable?

1. No, but i will be put in a public vote and the results showen to him.
2. To give people enough time
3. Fair enough - but persay "bum ville all buildings must be bums" thats stupid
4. So it can be constructed and opened by the time it is stable

1. No, but i will be put in a public vote and the results showen to him.
2. To give people enough time
3. Fair enough - but persay "bum ville all buildings must be bums" thats stupid
4. So it can be constructed and opened by the time it is stable
1. Don't expect him to care, he usually brings the ideas that are on the forum to his trusted and more experienced players like ConroD before he implements them.
2. I understand that that is a fair amount of time, but why the 10th? Is there something special about it?
3. Bumville actually sounds pretty cool to me. One person deciding what is stupid and what is not is not a community decision. Let the community decide if we want a city full of asses.
4. Right. Constructed....where? On a server that crashes every hour due to Minecraft's instability? Or on a stable server that hasn't yet implemented all the cool new features of 1.6?

I think you need to put a little more thought into this.

1. Don't expect him to care, he usually brings the ideas that are on the forum to his trusted and more experienced players like ConroD before he implements them.
2. I understand that that is a fair amount of time, but why the 10th? Is there something special about it?
3. Bumville actually sounds pretty cool to me. One person deciding what is stupid and what is not is not a community decision. Let the community decide if we want a city full of asses.
4. Right. Constructed....where? On a server that crashes every hour due to Minecraft's instability? Or on a stable server that hasn't yet implemented all the cool new features of 1.6?

1. It will be made by the community (probably including you if you will participate)
2. Nah...
3. Lol no special ppl
4. It's not that bad :p

I think you need to put a little more thought into this.

- HerpVille
- no, its derplisted
- walk from spawn, then turn when u see a sign with Herp on it, then the next turn, go right. then go up in the sky.

LMAO

And gurw quit trollin'. Let the kid do it.... The worst that will happen is woot will ignore it or say no

- HerpVille
- no, its derplisted

I AM STILL LAUGHING

Italay, many, MANY people supported a new PvP/Role play server. Some of the well known members liked my idea. After about three weeks of people joining the cause, Woot publicly said he would not make a new server, he wouldn't implement faction commands, and he didn't care. Actually, I think I should be calling him Wooty now, right? Meh, I don't like to be negative on the subject of T9K leaders, but sometimes things just bug me. No offense to anyone.

Italay, many, MANY people supported a new PvP/Role play server. Some of the well known members liked my idea. After about three weeks of people joining the cause, Woot publicly said he would not make a new server, he wouldn't implement faction commands, and he didn't care. Actually, I think I should be calling him Wooty now, right? Meh, I don't like to be negative on the subject of T9K leaders, but sometimes things just bug me. No offense to anyone.

Ah-Men Brother

Amen to that.

Why not make an area for this or everyone who Respawns Dies :(

Im propably the only person taking this serious :L But here is my idea for a new city:

THE URBAN CITY OF HYDROPOLIS

Name of city: Hydropolis

Layout of city
Layout for new city.png

The red = Lights (ie lamps, torches)
The orange area = NONE BUILD AREA/City Portal
People may build on 4 islands together as numbered, they may be connected if 3 blocks above sea level and MUST have a modern edge (ie shape)
Idea of city: A urban city (Voted for by 9 people) with watered streets (voted for by 9 peopel)

Is it whitelist?: Yes

How far away is it from Respawn point/all other cities: It will be on the far north west, around the middle from the respawn to the edge of the map (N/W cornor)

What size will the housing be/build limit: 18x18 but only in the white areas marked on the city layout although all isles may meet [see layout]
Any other information:

LAWS

1) The first 5x5 houses near the portal must be atleas 16 blocks above sea level.
2)If you wish to connect your 4 sperate houses you can, leaving 3 blocks above sea level and being (maxium) 18x18 blocks wide.
3) This is whitelisted and far away from the respawn point
4) Griefers and stealers may never return
5) Housing must be modernly designed in exterior and interior or will be in threat of distruction (with chests to give the player there things back by using lwc)
6) NO SPRITES!! they waste room and blocks (this is a personal opinion)
7) A port will be built aswell, modern ships only -- and possibly an airport (maybe the only sprite area (unless the planes mod is turn on which is VERY STRONGLY UNLIKELY))
8) Shops, Apartment buildings/flats etc maybe build.
9) A bullet train system will be built over/under the city and a permit IS REQUIRED! [as it is whitelisted specially]
10) Breaking the layout above is allowed if outside of the downtown (first 5x5 houses by the portal)

[some of these reference to 'LAYOUT' and 'SIZE LIMIT', see above]

Back