Team9000 Forums

Patchouli
Patchouli
Is the Awesome your favorite 'mech, or do you just like puns?
Zennai
Zennai
The Awesome is hands down my favorite. <3
Patchouli
Patchouli
:3 I wonder if you can guess mine (Unless I already mentioned it...)
Zennai
Zennai
I don't recall you stating yours before, but you were piloting your Commandos all the time during the last GN. So, that's my guess.
Patchouli
Patchouli
Oh, no, I only had that many Commandos because I was trying to get xp with them so I could get the elite stuff for my Death's Knell. Not my favorite.

My favorite actually is a clan 'mech, the Masakari. Which I...may have spent a lot of money to pre-order...
Zennai
Zennai
You bought the Masakari pack? Shit, I may have to buy a clan pack to match you. I already bought Phoenix, though, and although my wallet can take the hit, it's a ridiculous amount of money that I'd be spending...

Besides. The Clan packs don't have any of the 'Mechs I like, except maaaaybe the Ryoken.

Freakin'....don't have a Vulture in there. That is an absolute crime. That was my only motivation.
Patchouli
Patchouli
Oh no, I didn't buy the pack, I just bought the mech itself with the A La Carte thing. God no, I didn't spend quite that much.

But just buying the Masakari alone and not with anything else made it more expensive than say, the Uller Collection.

But getting an 85 ton 'mech for just a bit more than a light? Ehh...worth it to me, especially when it's my most favorite 'mech ever.
Zennai
Zennai
Ah. I'd buy a 'Mech if they had the Vulture, Cougar, or any of the IIC Reseens. (Pleeeeeeease let it happen. PGI) But nope, I'll probably skip out on this one. I'm happy enough to have my Battlemaster and Phoenix Hawk.
Patchouli
Patchouli
I've bought...too many things. Mostly Hero 'Mechs. I have the Yen Lo Wang, Death's Knell, Heavy Metal, and I got the lowly derp Locust. That was mostly just because I wanted -something- from that but I didn't want to spend shittons of money. But eh, Locust isn't so bad, at least the 1V, I have to pretty much work with a heavy, but once the enemy's armor gets broken all those machine guns fuck them up.
Patchouli
Patchouli
...The 3M and 3S though? Gawd, they're TERRIBLE, I want them gone so bad but I have to get xp with them for the 1V's sake.
Zennai
Zennai
I have not used my locusts as my Cicadas get the scouting job done better. I've been hesitant to buy things with MC, though, I still have 7,900 MC from the founder's pack. I've only bought the Flame and a couple of paints. I was thinking I might buy a Wang or Ilya, though. How are the Cents? They're interesting, but I already have a similar 'Mech in the Hunchie.
Patchouli
Patchouli
The Yen Lo Wang is pretty good, packs a punch but still has the speed. I have an AL as well, I have it set up like this: http://i.imgur.com/GMtBsbD.jpg

Also, Locusts are not scouts. They're more of the "Hang out by someone bigger and pester the fuck out of whoever they're attacking so I don't get shot at."

The little fucker can get one shotted.
Zennai
Zennai
Interesting set on that AL. My biggest worry is that a Cent would be redundant, as I already have a 50 ton brawler (Hunchie) and a fast zombie. (Quickdraw) But, they look fun as hell. I'll probably grab one after I finish my Cicadas. I don't need to master my CTFs or AS7s yet, they're good already.
Patchouli
Patchouli
Another thing with that, enemy lights typically don't even think that I have ER PPCs. They just see me firing a PPC and I've noticed, that when they see me shooting they'll run right the fuck up to me and get all up in my face thinking I can't do much damage that close.

And then I completely obliterate them.
Zennai
Zennai
Heh. I don't often use single PPC 'Mechs, usually they'll have a fuckton of lasers as backup. I keep away from ERPPCs currently as anything I have either has 2 of them, or runs hot enough already.

We should play this sometime. I keep trying to set up another gamenight with MotorKat, but either it's interrupted or we just forget.
Back