AquaTwig

So, updated to 1.7.2 to try it.

The new textures are... No point in putting it nicely, but they are terrible.

When looking at blocks that are far away, they lose their texture and appear 1 color. This is just ugly and i am planning to stay 1.6.4 as long as i can.

If anyone knows any texture packs/mods which will fix this, please share with me.

Thanks in advance,

~AquaTwig

So, updated to 1.7.2 to try it.

The new textures are... No point in putting it nicely, but they are terrible.

When looking at blocks that are far away, they lose their texture and appear 1 color. This is just ugly and i am planning to stay 1.6.4 as long as i can.

If anyone knows any texture packs/mods which will fix this, please share with me.

Thanks in advance,

~AquaTwig
I know I told you in-game that it was the OpenGL setting, but I was confusing occlusion culling and mipmapping for some reason, probably lack of sleep. In your graphics options, there should be a slider called "mipmapping" or something similar. Slide it as high as it goes, should fix the issues.

I know I told you in-game that it was the OpenGL setting, but I was confusing occlusion culling and mipmapping for some reason, probably lack of sleep. In your graphics options, there should be a slider called "mipmapping" or something similar. Slide it as high as it goes, should fix the issues.

Yep, after you told me in-game and i left, i managed to find the mipmapping option, cheers :)

If i may, i noticed that when i switch it to 1.7.2, MC lags, like legit to the point where it can take up to 5+ minutes for it to respond to my mouse movements. Especially if i have lowered everything to the farthest they can go, everything still lags to that extent. what do?

If i may, i noticed that when i switch it to 1.7.2, MC lags, like legit to the point where it can take up to 5+ minutes for it to respond to my mouse movements. Especially if i have lowered everything to the farthest they can go, everything still lags to that extent. what do?
what terrain generation are you using?

Back