• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A Look At: A Preview

Skryter

For those that are too lazy to take their time to read this blog or are currently indisposed and don’t have the time, I’ve included a TLDR at the bottom of the page.

Hey Guys. Most of you may know me or at least have seen me around these parts. Others, including those who have joined the community within the past 2 years, will barely know me at all. For those who don’t, I’ll give you a brief rundown on who I am and then move onto the main purpose of this blog.

If you hadn’t gathered by now, I go by the name of Skryter around these parts. I’m currently 16 years of age, and reside down under in the glorious land of beer, kangaroos, and profanity - Australia. I joined Team9000 on Oct 14, 2010 through the MineCraft Classic Server, potentially like most of you reading this blog right now. While I may have joined the forums for MineCraft, I stayed for the community and the interesting individuals that gather here. Unfortunately, I’ve been somewhat of a lurker for the past two years due to lack of access to a working computer among other things. Enough about me, It’s time we got to the main purpose of this blog.

In my short 16 years of existence, I’ve found that I have somewhat of a skill for writing, although If I do say so myself, I’m quite shit at the creative aspect of the medium. I’m also quite an avid gamer myself, becoming increasingly invested in the medium as I’ve grown older. Thus, I have decided to use my passion for gaming and my skill for writing to begin a new blog series by the name of A Look At:(I’m shit at creating titles, I know). In this series I’ll be taking a look at games old and new, critiquing and voicing my opinions on them here. I may eventually delve into Literature and Animation, although those ventures are based purely on the amount of free time I’ll have and the desire to create content based on those mediums. The following four points will provide further insight into the decision behind this venture of mine.

• As aforementioned, I’ve become somewhat of a lurker during my almost 4 years of time at Team9000. The starting of this blog series is an attempt to rectify my lack of presence in the community.

• To be frank, the blog the system on the site is underused to a boot. The last time a quality blog series was present to my knowledge was MoonDoggy’s widely popular GTKAG (Get to Know a Gamer), which production was stopped on quite a while ago. Blog’s have largely been reduced to a venue for members either departing from the community, or making a post notifying the community of their respective anniversary dates. This is somewhat disappointing, as I believe that the blog system can be used for more creative ventures such as Cooking with Taco, or just standalone pieces of content from members of the community.

• I’m currently a year 11 student taking Extension English 1 moving onto Extension English 2 as I enter Year 12 and my HSC next term. I’m also an aspiring journalist, and creating content for the community will not only allow me to further develop my skill for writing, but also increase my level of experience with creating content pieces.

• Boredom

While I haven’t decided what game I’ll be first taking a look at (presumably something not released recently), I currently have the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One pre-ordered, which is released on Oct 30th. Thus, the following games are on my schedule at the moment and I’ll most likely be taking a look at them all shortly after their scheduled release dates. For now, I’ll solely be focusing on titles released on the Xbox One/360 (Both Multi-Platform and Exclusive) due to aforementioned lack of a computer (school laptop is a piece of shit) and PlayStation 4. Entries into this series may be delayed as I attempt to study for my HSC’s and End of Year exams in a few weeks.

Sunset Overdrive
Destiny (If I deem it’s still relevant when I get around to it)
Assassins Creed: Unity
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Along with Halo 5 beta)
The Crew (Potentially)

I’d like to thank those that took the time to read this, and I’ll see you all next time on A Look At: (If anyone wants to suggest a title for this that doesn’t sound completely shit feel more than welcome to.

TLDR: I’m starting a new blog series where I critique video games both old and new. I haven’t decided on a release schedule, and new entries will be uploaded when I deem it appropriate, and am happy with the quality of my work. Current critiques potentially planned are just above this TLDR, you lazy sods :p.

I approve of this, and I'll likely start up the one for anime that I mentioned in my 3 year blog here soon.

Let's try to make the best of this blog system. I look forward to reading your blogs, and you might even get me back into console gaming more. :p

This is a good idea and I can't wait for the first one! I look forward to the blog section being graced with the presence of quality content :)

Love everything about it. i really should get back to my blog series as well >.> kinda let that shit slip by...but seriously. good idea broskioski.

Back