• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A Sing-Along Blog? o.o

MotorKat

So, as my college's semester winds down and my hours of employment change, I'm curious to know what people would think of a bi-weekly blog (or vlog, whatever people call those broadcasts and YouTubes these days...) for song requests, monologues, and general verbal silliness I'm willing to partake in. Not sure when the first of such blogs will be posted, that depends on outside influences plus feedback.

Thoughts? Questions, Concerns, Cacophony?

Some Guides I'm Sticking With For Now:
- Any suggestions for songs you'd like to hear me sing can be posted in a reply featuring the Title and Author/Performer. Video/Karaoke file references help a bunch.
- If you like a suggestion someone else posted, "Like" the corresponding post.
- I'm not a fan of Rap or Country, but will perform those genres of music if its highly requested
- I'll do my best to sing foreign languages... I am comfortable with the following: Italian, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Latin, some Russian. Could probably figure out phonetics of Korean and Chinese quickly.
- If the song suggested is NSFW, I will use my discretion of whether I should even perform it, or set it aside in a different video with spoiler tags.
- I've got a pretty crazy range, but I can't guarantee whether either of my mics will record a high note properly, without distortion or breaking. Plan the songs accordingly. (as much as I'd love to sing Phantom of the Opera, I don't think my current mics could handle that. we can always try though ;3 )
- the key a song is normally performed in is subject to change depending on the range of the song and the integrity of my vocal cords.

Songs on the Docket:
- That's Amore (made famous by Dean Martin in 1953)
- Baby Got Back (Sir Mixalot)
- (Sheet, too many Rocky Horror Picture Show songs to choose from! >.< mebbe do two?)
- Secret of my Heart (Mai Kuraki, made famous in Japan as the theme song from the anime Conan, Kid Detective. This will also be my personal entry)
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (Deep Blue Something)
- A custom parody of This Land is Your Land, lyrics provided by Ekatski

EDITS: Keep up the suggestions! I think I'm keeping the length of each entry to 6-7 songs, so further additions will be placed in a later blog.

Ha! Can I post a little tune I made in creative writing? It's a short parody of "this land is your land" by Woody Guthrie..... :D

@Ekatski: Sure! send me whatever changes in lyrics and such, we can make that happen :)

@Melexiious: Do I have to choose the Rocky Horror song? :eek:

Back