• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

access to minecraft classic

thanks for your reply, I have no idea why I still can't get on it. Such a shame as it was a fun way to pass the afternoons.

Well, if you have xWoM (maybe WoM has this?), you could try hitting the Resume button instead (if the last server you were on was T9K), which seems to skip authentication. But maybe not. ~o_o~

well I think I have xwom, I downloaded it but not sure what to do after that? (I have a mac) I followed all the instructions but I am still getting an authentication message when I try to connect. I'll try what you said with the resume button. Thanks!

well I think I have xwom, I downloaded it but not sure what to do after that? (I have a mac) I followed all the instructions but I am still getting an authentication message when I try to connect. I'll try what you said with the resume button. Thanks!

If you are as satisfied playing minecraft as the info section on your profile seems to indicate, I highly recommend buying the full game. Classic is more or less dying out, and I think you will enjoy the t9k servers set up with the full game to be much more rewarding. Similarly to you, I find minecraft to be a great way to take my mind off of other work and express my creativity through building and designing.

For all I know, you may already play the full game and this is just vapid and repetitive, but the full game offers so much for creative people who love to build. Especially in creative mode, it never amazes me how I can always find new combinations of blocks and other minecraft materials to make details and cool new builds.

I didn't really know much about classic dying out, but after reading a few forum posts I can see that's going to happen eventually. So much has changed while I was away from minecraft/t9k! And yeah, I love the building aspect of minecraft, so I think you're right, I should definitely buy the game! What's it like when you buy the full game? Like how does it work? Would I have the same problems I have now? Sorry if these are silly questions, I'm nowhere NEAR an expert when it comes to minecraft!

It's much easier to connect to the full minecraft server provided by t9k in comparison to having to use a custom client to connect to the classic server, so you would probably enjoy that at least. As far as what is it like to buy the full game.... are there any questions you have in mind that could be a little more specific? I'm not entirely sure if you're either asking about how the gameplay is or what the process of buying the game is like. :s

All in all, you won't regret buying the full game if you enjoyed messing around in classic. It's like a whole new world of possibilities... so much that many of us have been playing ever since the game first came out and continue doing so (about 2+ years or more). Generally, games only hold my interest for a couple of months, but this one has lasted a while for me.

So I'm guessing you download the game and then download some kind of other platform to launch the game? I think that's all I really needed to know, but I'm sure once I get the game I'll figure it all out, maybe! With creative mode, how similar is it to classic? Do you still interact with others? As in - see what everyone else is building etc... Oh and I was wondering do you still have ranks in creative and survival? Sorry for all the questions!

Er, if you're referring to the minecraft that you get from the store, you only download the game and nothing else. To play on classic, you either play using the online web client or download a third party application. :s

Minecraft has both singleplayer and multiplayer mode for either survival or creative gameplay. Creative is pretty similar to how classic works, except that you are given the ability to fly by double tapping the space key to get off the ground, and then using shift or space to go up or down. You're offered a larger variety of blocks to build with, and many of them aren't simple blocks. For instance, you have fences, doors, red stone circuity (if you want to make machines), flower pots, pistons, etc...

I haven't played on minecraft in a while so I'm not entirely sure how the ranks work out. I know that your builds are protected though as long as you're in a designated zone for your builds in the creative world, or if you're in your town area in survival.

After the recent crash (422 days of uptime) of the Classic server, my old authentication no longer worked (boo) and had to set it up again as I much prefer WoM over the alternative clients. I had the same issue where neither WoM or XWoM would authenticate to mcnet. The quickest solution is to download/run the ChargedMiners client and do the following:
Search for the Team9000 server and connect.
Closed ChargedMiners and relaunch it.
Click on the "Resume" tab.
Copy/Paste the Direct URL (mc://) to someplace handy (notepad, etc.) for future use.
Launch WoM/XWoM.
Paste prior copied Direct URL in the "Direct Connect URL" field.
Done.

Back