• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

ADD UNTURNED!

Hmm. Seven months since your registration here and your only interaction with the community is to demand a game that, while free, is still rough and unoptimized (both client- and server-side), changes frequently (which means frequent server updates), and has been mentioned here maybe three or four times since its release nearly a year ago, not even getting a thread of its own (indicating a major lack of interest and thus very little benefit from the time it would take to implement). Yeah, probably not going to happen.

No need to be an ass about it, dude. I was just trying to suggest a cool game, and you can use a stable version for the game.

shrek-yourself.jpg

No need to be an ass about it, dude. I was just trying to suggest a cool game
The issue is that we receive many like you who want something added to the servers that we have available, even though this was not intended to be a core part of the website. Free servers were not originally intended to be what the site was for, and while it does attract people, most of them (read: pretty much all) have not taken any steps to involve themselves in the community. Plenty before you have asked that things be added to our free hosting service for little benefit to the community in return.

mentioned here maybe three or four times since its release nearly a year ago, not even getting a thread of its own (indicating a major lack of interest and thus very little benefit from the time it would take to implement).
This snippet in particular you should pay attention to. If the community ever gains an interest in Unturned it may well turn out that it eventually gets added to the servers we have available.

I understood that, just he was being a bit of an ass when he said it, so, I told him he was :p

I understood that, just he was being a bit of an ass when he said it, so, I told him he was :p
Except /she/ wasn't. She was merely stating facts. Having this be your only interaction with the community in 7+ months, without even so much as a please, nor a description of said game to get people interested and your only explanation as to why we should add it being "Because it would be sick.". the chances of it actually being added from that alone is fairly low, or as Krylani put it:
Yeah, probably not going to happen.
Also:
The issue is that we receive many like you who want something added to the servers that we have available, even though this was not intended to be a core part of the website. Free servers were not originally intended to be what the site was for, and while it does attract people, most of them (read: pretty much all) have not taken any steps to involve themselves in the community. Plenty before you have asked that things be added to our free hosting service for little benefit to the community in return.

This snippet in particular you should pay attention to. If the community ever gains an interest in Unturned it may well turn out that it eventually gets added to the servers we have available.
All of this. Well said, Vincent.

What have you done to deserve otherwise? (And I am female, as are many of our other long-term and highly-respected members. Continuing to insult me and them will not do you any favors.)

There I go pissing off Patch again...(and again...and again). However Krylani does have a point, interaction within the community brings more tolerance than a random drive by post.

Sorry if you're pissed off with the way you're being treated. While we don't always agree, and occasionally have a spat, we are a community that works together all quirks aside (not even going to mention Chiba's 'Flaming hot Cheeto's' addition.

Point is, "we all" tolerate and work together as a group. So don't get pissed if you get flamed cause you made an 'out of no where' post with a one sentance request. Back it up with facts, determine the player base that would like to play the game, make a sound case for it, and then post the request. We work best at an intelligent level, not one where it would be 'sick' to host that kind of server.

I'm not flaming you. Just trying to fill in the gaps from the various response. If nothing else you have achieved your goal of bring awareness of the game, but your delivery needs some practice.

Back