Alpha Centauri Nostalgia Thread

GreenEarth

Has anyone on t9k played this before?
What did you think of it?

Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg

I got addicted pretty fast, making bases, connecting bases with grav tubes, converting the planet into farms, making other factions my bitch ( I always played as the Environmentalists, Deidre Skye )

If you want to play something even lower tech and nerdier try Astro Empires.

I had to quit playing because it nearly broke my girlfriend and I up.

Never played Alpha Centauri but it looks similar to starcraft.

I freaking love Alpha Centauri. I also got a mod that makes Civilization IV be pretty much Alpha Centauri.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/planetfall

+1 internet to you madame. Finally someone !! :) I have the expanision Alien Crossfire but never installed it, I want to soon.

I haven't played any of the new civilizations after the first one :3 I hadn't heard of the planetfall mod until I heard this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mEJ420F1aI

I was like oooh what is this. So that makes more sense now, I thought it was a mod to the actual game Alpha Centauri or something.

PS: favorite faction?

YAY! Fellow SMAC fans! :D

I remember the demo of this game being my first experience with turn-based strat. I also remember being too young to figure out the controls and how to play it properly. But something about it just stuck.

So years later (just a few months ago), I found a full copy, played it, and loved it ever since.

Fav faction: University (I get the feeling a lot of people pick this one)

Eh, I pick University only sometimes really.

I almost all the time go with the Gaians.
And totally not because Deirdre is nekkid >.>
No, really, it isn't the reason D:

Yeah Deirdre is totally hot. You also get a advantage like, you can better tame the mind worms of something, towards the end of the game you'll have a whole freaking army of them.

YAY! Fellow SMAC fans! :D

I remember the demo of this game being my first experience with turn-based strat. I also remember being too young to figure out the controls and how to play it properly.

Yeah turn based controls always confused me as a kid, I was all about that Doom 1 pew pew action.

Back