• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

An Encounter with Herobrine. (Minecraft Creepypasta re-write Attempt, part 1)

TheXraptor

As a fan of YouTube commentators, I had practically no choice but to watch people play Minecraft. Minecraft here, Minecraft there, Minecraft everywhere. SeaNanners, UberHaxorNova, and Juicetra were commentators I was particularly fond of, so I watched them play this "Minecraft" that everyone was freaking out about. It was love at first sight, a game that lets me survive AND let my creative juices flow? I had to play it.

There was a problem, though. I was broke. Being a thirteen year old with no allowance and no incentive to work, I had no money income. I got money for my birthday, and money for Christmas. I used this money to fund my addiction to console games. Being a console gamer, I did not have a high-end gaming PC. In fact, I didn't even have a computer of my own. With no money and only my mother's terrible laptop to play on, I had but one choice: pirate the game, and drastically lower the graphics so my computer could run it at a playable frame rate.

The next day, I went to school to start my usual Monday. Tired, miserable, mourning the loss of my precious weekend, and ready to go home, take a nap, and play Call of Duty. During my third period class, Art, I was talking practically non-stop to my friends about how cool Minecraft looked. I went on and on about all the cool things you could do in it, and about how I had to have it. After doing nothing but talk and blowing off my pastel project, the assignment in the class at the time, the art teacher was furious, as the project was due the next day. She began to lecture me, that damn old hag, telling me how I'm "lazy and a terrible student" and began to show me all of the work of the other students. I just rolled my eyes and continued to look at other students' work against my will, until one of them peaked my interest. In black pastel was a square face with a blocky smile blacker than the night sky. Fortunately for me, it caught the attention of the teacher as well. The "artist" behind it was an incredibly strange kid. I think his name was Jeffrey. He was one of the quietest kids I had ever met. He was overweight, wore glasses so thick and ugly that Steve Urkel would look at him funny, and his skin was paler than that of a vampire. The teacher spat out insults at him, criticizing his art work and his appearance. After the old hag insulted his weight, Jeffrey walked out of the classroom and didn't return for the rest of the class.

After class ended, I walked out into the hallway and was quickly approached by Jeffrey. "So, I heard you want Minecraft" he said, in his incredibly nasal voice. I was shocked, that was the longest sentence I had heard Jeffrey speak the entire year, and it was directed at me. "Uhhh, yeah" I replied, not sure of what Jeffrey was doing so far out of character. "I can get you it for free" Jeffrey said. I had a poker-face on the outside, but for some odd reason, an atomic bomb of happiness had just detonated on the inside. I would have jumped for joy, but that would have more than likely made the whole class think I'm a psychopath. "How?" I replied, trying desperately to hide a smile. "I'll come over to your house this weekend, and install the game for you. I'm pretty good with computers" Jeffrey responded. "Cool, you can come over this Saturday" I responded. "Don't worry.........I will" Jeffrey said, and without asking for any form of address walked away. He walked at a pretty alarming rate, almost as if he wanted to avoid any further conversation.

After a dull and boring week of school, I fell asleep on Friday night and was pumped to play Minecraft at long last. Being a Saturday morning......I intended to completely sleep through Saturday morning and wake up at noon. Well, that was what I intended. At around six in the morning, I woke up to a repeated knocking sound. After a few seconds, it registered in my mind. "Somebody is knocking on the door". I grabbed an airsoft gun I had in my closet, and walked to the door, prepared to shoo off some Jehovah's Witnesses. I started to open the door, but then it was yanked away from me by whatever was on the other side of the door and completely opened, exposing Jeffrey. "Ready for Minecraft?" Jeffrey asked. "How did you find m-" "Irrelevant" Jeffrey cut me off. Jeffrey rushed to my room, practically pushing me out of the way in the process. He was incredibly loud, but thankfully my mother was away on a business trip (my parents are divorced. My mother spent more time on business trips than she did with me. I felt like I lived alone). "Alright, I'll install the game for you. You can go do something while I'm doing so" Jeffrey informed me. I bored easily, so I went into the living room and watched some television. After about an hour and a half of hearing nothing from Jeffrey, I went into my room to check on Jeffrey's progress (even as a console gamer, I knew that an hour and a half was a bit too long for a game install).

As I went into my room, I expected to see Jeffrey installing Minecraft to my mother's laptop. When I walked in, the room was devoid of life. Jeffrey was nowhere to be seen. "Jeffrey?" I yelled. No response. I opened my mother's laptop to see if Jeffrey had actually done something, and to my pleasant surprise, there was a Minecraft window right next to the Google Chrome window. The window icon was a blank white box, but I figured that it was just a glitch. I wasn't about to figure out how to pirate a game, so I just accepted it for what it was.I sat down at my desk and was ready to play. After opening the window, I was asked to sign into Minecraft.net. For some reason, the whole screen was black except for the sign in boxes, which contained an already filled out username and password. "noescape" was written in the username section, and although the password was a bunch of dots, it contained the exact same amount of characters as the username. I figured that it too was "noescape". Once I signed in, I figured that I would be greeted by the Mojang logo and then the title screen. But to my surprise, as soon as I clicked "sign in", I was greeted by a picture of Notch. It was a picture of him in the snow, wearing his signature black hat. After about 2 seconds, Notch turned and, I swear to God, looked at me directly in the eyes for about a split second, before cutting to the title screen.

When I reached the title screen, the only thing out of the ordinary was that it was the pre-1.8 background. I didn't care though, so I clicked "Single Player" and was ready to survive and thrive. However, there was already a world made, which puzzled me. Similar to the username, it was titled "noescape". Curious, I opened it, figuring Jeffrey had started a world for me. When I opened it, the render distance was incredibly low, which was perfect, considering my mother's laptop's extreme limitations. However, after taking not even 10 steps, something appeared out of the corner of my eye. I approached it, and soon saw the textures of a cow. It was laying on the ground, which was odd, considering I had never seen them do so in any Minecraft video. As I approached it, I began noticing something wrong with it. When I reached it, I immediately knew what was wrong. The cow's entire stomach had been cut open, splattering the ground with hyper-realistic blood and guts. I was shocked, and knew something was very wrong. Had Jeffrey installed some sort of gore mod? One of the cave sounds then played incredibly loudly, followed by a very faint whisper, which was almost inaudible. I wasn't positive, but it sounded like it was speaking Swedish. At that point, I was ready to turn off the game, but I decided that it was Minecraft, and I had to play it. Then, suddenly: I had to go to the bathroom. Forgetting to pause the game, I went and "did my business". When I returned, night was fast approaching. Since I was in an arctic biome, I ran and desperately searched for a tree. I finally hit the end of the snow biome, and saw some trees, but something was again wrong. None of the trees had any leaves. None. It didn't phase me, I just collected my wood and dug into the ground.

I broke the number one rule of Minecraft, and dug straight down. I quickly would regret it, as I fell into a cave system. The fall was not lethal, but the cave was ominously dark. Another cave sound played, it sounded like screeching violins. I quickly crafted my crafting table and made some basic wooden tools. However, the darkness was still quite severe, and I could barely see three blocks ahead of me. I explored the cave, and collected some iron that I happened to stumble upon, but three things were out of place: One, the darkness level of the cave. As stated, I couldn't see past three blocks in front of me. Two, the cave had no coal anywhere. Being the most common mineral in the game, it was strange that it was so absent. Most notably, three: There was not a single mob in the cave. Considering it was so dark, you'd expect a lot of mobs. However, I never encountered a single one. I never heard the sounds they make, I was never attacked by one.

I went on with exploring the cave, occasionally hearing the whispers of the Swedish man I heard earlier, but was not finding anything. After exploring the cave system (which was remarkably large) for 20 minutes, I found absolutely nothing but more dark corridors and iron. Then: Jackpot. I looked down into a steep dark corridor and spotted lava and some diamonds. I wandered down the corridor towards the red and orange light at the end of the tunnel. Knowing that I needed iron to mine the diamonds, I crafted an iron pickaxe (which I had JUST the right amount of iron to craft). The diamonds were 2x1, which I thought nothing of. I filled the lava with cobblestone, making the room pitch black, and began mining the diamonds.

I broke the bottom block first, and saw what looked like Steve legs. Suspecting a zombie, I broke the top block and drew my sword. However, staring back at me was no zombie. I stared into two blank, glowing pupils, which were so bright that they practically illuminated the room. I stared into his eyes, and he stared directly into mine, and we held the position for about 5 seconds. An ear piercing screech then nearly blew out the speakers on the laptop, while the screen faded to static.

(So, what did you guys think? Should I continue on and make a part 2? Constructive criticism would be appreciated.)

I've grown to hate Herobrine (thousands of kiddies squeaking out "omg i sawd heerobrain," but this is pretty good.

Write more :3

this was not bad, and I would love to see a part 2. It was a little wordy near the beginning, but overall it was a decent story.

Back