• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Android/iPhone App

NewspaperCrane

So... I finally woke up to the new decade and got myself an Android phone. One thing that I've noticed so far is how not fun it is to browse team 9000 mobile-ly. I was looking into android applications for surfing forums (Specifically XenForo), when I came across the Forum Runner addon for XenForo. If this plugin (or something similar) were implemented in team9000 it would be super awesome, and I would totally use it (Especially on my way/at PAX).

I Downloaded the free version of Forum Runner for android and it ran fantastically. Looking around forums and reading threads was quick and intuitive.

What I like about this is:

• It doesn't cost Team9000 any money.
  • It doesn't require Wooty to Code anything.
  • It makes team9000.net more accessible for me.
  • There is a free version of the app (Though it has limited functionality)
What I don't like about this:
  • The android/iphone app costs $1.99 (Though I would be more than willing to pay for it for myself)
  • The app only works if there is a plugin installed on the forum.

So... I finally woke up to the new decade and got myself an Android phone. One thing that I've noticed so far is how not fun it is to browse team 9000 mobile-ly. I was looking into android applications for surfing forums (Specifically XenForo), when I came across the Forum Runner addon for XenForo. If this plugin (or something similar) were implemented in team9000 it would be super awesome, and I would totally use it (Especially on my way/at PAX).

I Downloaded the free version of Forum Runner for android and it ran fantastically. Looking around forums and reading threads was quick and intuitive.

What I like about this is:

• It doesn't cost Team9000 any money.
  • It doesn't require Wooty to Code anything.
  • It makes team9000.net more accessible for me.
  • There is a free version of the app (Though it has limited functionality)
What I don't like about this:
  • The android/iphone app costs $1.99 (Though I would be more than willing to pay for it for myself)
  • The app only works if there is a plugin installed on the forum.
I was all excited about seeing some sort of custom team 9000 app suggestion, but that's not the case. But this does sound like a good idea, and if it doesn't take too much work to get it working, I don't see why not.

Here is a normal thread on Forum Runner.

iPod Touch (4th Generation), 4.2
g2LIF.jpg

iPad, 4.2
fEpPK.jpg

Android (Free)
Device: Samsung Captivate, 2.2.1
TBTV0.png

Original Thread

In other news, Tapatalk is in a closed beta for XF now. If we were able to get a copy - would it be worthwhile as a replacement for Forum Runner?

For my needs forum runner is sufficient at the moment. Are there any features in tapatalk that forum runner does not have?

For my needs forum runner is sufficient at the moment. Are there any features in tapatalk that forum runner does not have?

I was thoroughly disappointed with the bb-code support in forum runner. Rather than just using the built in styling engine, they re-render all the bb-code... badly. Just getting support for the tag was a big hack. Also, tapatalk has moderator features, while FR is basically normal member usage only.

Whatever is easier for you, woot. I use the app enough to warrant another $3 for tapatalk, so it doesn't matter too much.

With the differences loading bb-code, would tapatalk load more efficiently? That is something that I would be interested in. As far as moderation features, that's a non-issue for me.

I was reading on the tapatalk thread on the xenforo community, and apparently it doesn't support images... at all. This is actually pretty annoying.

Back