Anonymous Calls for Internet Blackout

bobtheawesomeone

I don't know if you guys heard, but cispa has passed congress. In protest, the protest group Anonymous has called for an internet black out to petition this bill passing.

I think it would be a good Idea for team9000 to participate in this!

I don't know if you guys heard, but cispa has passed congress. In protest, the protest group Anonymous has called for an internet black out to petition this bill passing.

I think it would be a good Idea for team9000 to participate in this!
Obama is most likely going to veto CISPA. So there is really no use in doing this. But it is for a good cause, so good on them.

I'd do it; people made large impacts when SOPA/PIPA and the lesser known ACTA were threats, so why not do it for this one?
because for some like me, this is the First time they've heard anything about it. I guess it passed under the radar for long enough to let Congress pass it unlike when SOPA and other Internet Censorship/Regulatory bills made the attempt, There will be great opposition once more people hear about this.

i hate to sound like a bitch... but they're going to just keep changing the name and trying to pass the same crap over and over until finally it succeeds.

i hate to sound like a bitch... but they're going to just keep changing the name and trying to pass the same crap over and over until finally it succeeds.
yep, and when it does succeed all the Anontards will head to the Shadownet.

Obama is most likely going to veto CISPA. So there is really no use in doing this. But it is for a good cause, so good on them.

I haven't really been paying attention to the numbers, but does Congress have enough support to toss his veto out the window?

Back