Anonymous vs. Sony - PSN Down.

If you look anywhere else besides those threads, you can see that anon made a movement to stop the attack. They wouldn't take down the PSN because that's counterproductive to what they are trying to do. Deny everyone the service is the exact opposite of what they hope for. This was someone else that hacked into the PSN and took personal info, and it's not like any sort of attack is keeping it down anymore, they took it down because of the security hole.

If you look anywhere else besides those threads, you can see that anon made a movement to stop the attack. They wouldn't take down the PSN because that's counterproductive to what they are trying to do. Deny everyone the service is the exact opposite of what they hope for. This was someone else that hacked into the PSN and took personal info, and it's not like any sort of attack is keeping it down anymore, they took it down because of the security hole.

Ah, I understand.

Ah, I understand.
Yea, they might have started to attack sony services, but I think once this happened, or maybe even a day before this they tried to get everyone to stop. And I don't think geohot had anything to do with starting it, they just didn't like the huge shit sony took on him so they reacted. I dunno, it's dumb and I just want psn back =\

Yea, they might have started to attack sony services, but I think once this happened, or maybe even a day before this they tried to get everyone to stop. And I don't think geohot had anything to do with starting it, they just didn't like the huge shit sony took on him so they reacted. I dunno, it's dumb and I just want psn back =\
Agreed, the whole thing is very unpopular with everyone. I guess Anon should stick to attacking Scientology. :D If I could, I would rename this thread to Internet vs. Sony. The whole issue does not deal with Anon, just a sporadic group of hackers.

Agreed, the whole thing is very unpopular with everyone. I guess Anon should stick to attacking Scientology. :D If I could, I would rename this thread to Internet vs. Sony. The whole issue does not deal with Anon, just a sporadic group of hackers.

Well... no good can come out from attacking PSN. I'm not sure what they are really after... so i made a list

1)spreading the word that "all information is free"
2)Random acts of violence ( for the lulz)
3)George Hotz is a cult leader that must be avenged
4)Forcing PSN to "work harder"

Anyways, I don't use PSN. So at least I'm not feeling the burn of 'online gaming withdrawal syndrome'. I'm afraid that this will one day spread to Steam... How am I going to purchase games that will support the developers if that spit happens? Anon should realize that they should use their powers for good. (like that is even possible )

BONUS: Freddie can make the piano play without touching it 2:34
I want my ps3 back, least i got my new i5 pc :D

Not anonymous, enough said, just some random hacker or some "server maintenance" bs.

I know someone who's a member of anonymous.... you don't have to believe me, but i believe me.

skryter said:
Not anonymous, enough said, just some random hacker or some "server maintenance" bs.

I know someone who's a member of anonymous.... you don't have to believe me, but i believe me.

^^^THIS^^^

This was just an attack by a hacker and or hacking group it was more organized/sophisticated hack

Anon is more about ddos attacking(and succeeding btw (pools closed))

Back