Anti-Helium and Other Awesome Science Stuff!

Cheese7710

So I saw this a few years ago: what happens to be my favorite gas compound ever created

Name: Surfur Hexafluoride
-6 times denser than air
-light objects can float on it
-doesn't conduct electricity
-puts out fire without even touching it if in liquid form
-give one a very deep voice

I apologize for the double post, but here's another science-related thing that may have some controversy that I wanted to share later in this, but I can't wait...

Fromm what I hear, scientists have been attempting to resurrect extinct creatures! The first two subjects I hear they are testing it out on is the Tasmanian Tiger, an animal that went extinct relatively easily, but then comes the big one-resurrecting a Woolly Mammoth.

I believe (from what my science teacher told me, so this may be incorrect) that they are going to use the technique used for cloning sheep, but with some alterations. Because there isn't a living mammoth to obtain an egg sample from, they are using a living relative-the Elephant. They would take an Elephant egg, extract all the DNA inside it, and replace it with the DNA from what's left of a woolly mammoth. The result: Possible Woolly Mammoth!

Is it wrong to do this? Is it going to end up like Jurassic Park? Is this going to benefit the world with formerly extinct creatures, such as the Golden Parakeet, to live among the Earth to decide? That's all opinion, and I won't get mad at someone for entitling their opinions.

In my opinion, I think it's pushing it a bit too far. I don't think we're looking at a Jurassic Park, but I see this as a "if we can do this, that means we can do even more" kind of thing.

I apologize for the double post, but here's another science-related thing that may have some controversy that I wanted to share later in this, but I can't wait...

Fromm what I hear, scientists have been attempting to resurrect extinct creatures! The first two subjects I hear they are testing it out on is the Tasmanian Tiger, an animal that went extinct relatively easily, but then comes the big one-resurrecting a Woolly Mammoth.

I believe (from what my science teacher told me, so this may be incorrect) that they are going to use the technique used for cloning sheep, but with some alterations. Because there isn't a living mammoth to obtain an egg sample from, they are using a living relative-the Elephant. They would take an Elephant egg, extract all the DNA inside it, and replace it with the DNA from what's left of a woolly mammoth. The result: Possible Woolly Mammoth!

Is it wrong to do this? Is it going to end up like Jurassic Park? Is this going to benefit the world with formerly extinct creatures, such as the Golden Parakeet, to live among the Earth to decide? That's all opinion, and I won't get mad at someone for entitling their opinions.

In my opinion, I think it's pushing it a bit too far. I don't think we're looking at a Jurassic Park, but I see this as a "if we can do this, that means we can do even more" kind of thing.

The gas is cool.

Bring back extinct animals could be bad or cool. Problem is, the environments in which these animals existed have mostly all changed. Where would they put a Wolly Mammoth? In captivity? In the wild? Without a community how will the Mammoth learn all of its natural instincts and habits? How will they protect them from poachers?

Bringing back certain animals could be cool on a science level, but some could be disastrous to certain ecosystems. A lot of these animals died for a reason, many without our intervention. Let them rest in peace.

Back