Anyone have any ood ways to help with depression?

Well, I'm not exactly the best at comforting people, but I know how it feels to lose someone pretty close to me.
I would say talk to someone who's in the same situation, or someone you're pretty close with who can give you the support you need and can be there right next to you.
Another good way I've found is to just vent, to a friend over the internet or in real life. You just say absolutely anything and everything that comes to mind and you don't even think about what you're saying. It's helped me a lot of times before.
Best advice I can give? It all gets better. You'll still miss that person, but it'll hurt less over time.

I really wish I could give some solid advice. I suffer from depression, and have nearly attempted suicide on multiple occasions; and all I can say is that no one "cure" works for anyone.

The only thing I can say I've learned is that it's all in your mentality. Deal with the strains in your life as they come. Don't let anyone tell you how you should be feeling, or when your grief should stop. Try to wake up every morning, walk to a mirror, and give yourself a truly genuine smile. I find it's hard to be down when you're really smiling.

Pick up a hobby that requires intense focus (writing, art, precision mechanical stuff, etc), not just gaming. Distract your conscious brain so your subconscious has a chance to work through the grief (this is NOT bottling it up, despite what anyone else tells you - you don't deal with grief on a conscious level).

If you're having trouble shaking it, talk to an experienced psychiatrist or psychologist, or a therapist of some sort. They'll be able to suggest more things tailored to you on a personal level. They may also be able to prescribe some non-psychoactive medicine to help you calm your conscious mind so you can deal with things more logically (I was on a few different drugs before we found one that worked, so don't dismiss them after the first try). The meds that worked for me blocked panic hormones from being released in high quantities, which was happening far too often. My psychiatrist taught me calming exercises to deal with the stress by myself, and after a couple of months, I stopped taking the pills.

Tai Chi helps, from my experience. The intense focus needed to properly execute the stances and the flow between them distracts your brain; and the calm attitude needed to maintain that focus relaxes the body and releases built up stress. You may want to find a local master willing to take you on as a pupil.

There are other things that can help, but really, it all comes down to you on a personal level. You have the ability to deal with your grief. It might not feel like it, but you are stronger than you think.

I've been depressed, while under different circumstances it's a state of mind. And as Gurw said, no single cure works for everyone. however, after thinking about what kind of advice I could give to you I can only say, don't be afraid to share these feelings with someone you truly trust, pretty much just like you did here, I'd even say t9k's one of the best places to do it, as it was for me.
As far as it went for me, the whole depression thing revolved of me over thinking the stuff I was depressed about, and it got me even worse. I'm guessing it kind of works like that for everyone, fortunately I was able to just give myself a sort of, mental bitchslap so to say and stop thinking about it, but I realise not everyone can do that.
So yeah, pretty much follow what Gurw said and share, keep your mind occupied with doing something you love and try not to over-think things

Sorry if my ramblings seem to be incoherent, I'm tired and cannot brain too well. Remember T9K Loves you!

Back