Artwork

GreenEarth

So team9000 has shown some interest in art n' stoof. Cool beans.
Post em if you got em', I don't care how long your posts get. No photography, I'll make a separate thread for that later. Studio pieces, sketchbook pages, anything made on the computer are all welcome. This is a place to share your work, your ideas, and general art motivation cause for the past year the only creative work I've done is in minecraft, thanks college.

I'll just post some of my favorites, a lot of other pieces are missing. :( Lots of these were for my IB Art porfolio.

So this first one I enjoyed painting the most, It was a present for someone, and probably the last thing I painted before college.
IMG_1116.JPG

My usual watercolor setup when I work, nothing fancy.
IMG_6766.JPG

The drafting in my IB sketchbook.
IMG_6791.JPG

Made this in the 11th grade, I was trying for a "oh look I'm another planet looking at other planets" but that kind of failed a bit. (watercolor)
DSC00031.JPG

10th grade, tempra paint, was probably some Mardi Gras assignment I guess.
IMG_1120.JPG

9th grade colored pencils and watercolor, a giant H with like stuff around it. Was inspired by the album cover for "A Posteriori" by Enigma.
IMG_1117.JPG

11th grade watercolor, painted this in like an hour, really messy but was very fun. I'm actually just noticing that the trunk is way too exposed, not sure why I did that. :eek:
IMG_8023.JPG

12th grade experimenting with Black and Colored India Ink. India Ink is amazing, that is all.
IMG_1119.JPG

11th grade watercolor and ball point pen, unfinished. Dis a girl, she possibly maybe doesn't have a shirt on, oh mah gosh. It's okay, I get away with it since it's a studio piece. ( an unfinished one :( )
IMG_1122.JPG

10th grade pencil super unfinished, this is the evil studio piece that never got finished. I had it all planned out to use gold leafing to make it awesome sauce. Oh well one day.
IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

11th grade conte crayon on tan construction paper. Made this with my best friend, it was a fun little thing, I had the paper upside-down. I believe we were trying to create a super chicken.
IMG_1114.JPG

11th grade colored chalk on watercolor. A quick sketch for my sketchbook.
IMG_1125.JPG

9th grade charcol. Sketch during my calligraphy phase.
IMG_1126.JPG

Some of my first practice sheets, can't find the others unfortunetely.
IMG_1127.JPG

11th grade colored pastel, chalk, pencils and ball point pen. This is the first page for my IB Art sketchbook. I would take that sticky off but I don't wanna take the pastel off the page.
IMG_1128.JPG

12th grade ball point pen on colored pastel. Quick experiment for sketchbook.
IMG_1129.JPG

8th grade black inc scratched off of colored pastel. This is a favorite assignment among art teachers.
IMG_1113.JPG

Now for some origami ! :D
6th grade, I've made like a thousand of these (30 piece modular origami called "Electra") but I started in the 6th grade. This one was spray painted with chrome.
IMG_1138.JPG

Oh and in the 12th grade I tried making a really fucking huge version. Was one of the most epic failures in my experience as you can tell in the picture. In the end it tore itself apart because it was too heavy and the paper it was made of too weak.
IMG_1130.JPG

11th grade 500 piece modular origami swan. Oh this was fun making, many a classes were ignored while making the tiny little pieces for the end product. :D
IMG_0081.JPG

I also got into these for a while, I forgot what they were called. Like origami architecture or something, there was an awesome thread on 4chan (papercraft and origami) where many templates were posted. You can also make your own templates using certain applications. The ones I made were so messy, folding those tiny parts was very difficult.
IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

Now for some old work !
This one I believe was from the 4th grade during my anime phase. FUMOFFU !!!!!
IMG_1131.JPG

My three point perspective church thingy I drew in the 3rd grade. Derp. What if minecraft came out back then? I probably would have had a heart attack of awesome sauce. Oh well legos worked too.
IMG_1136.JPG

Ah the earliest piece I still have, from the second grade. I'm guessing anything earlier is still back in Armenia in a shelf or something. Woot Taj Mahal.
IMG_1137.JPG

And I will end with an empty canvas. Specifically a silk screen canvas that I made from scratch. It took me about 8 hours for some reason, I guess evenly stretching the silk took a while and some other neatness issues. And then I never got around to painting on it and I still have it. I post it because it reminds me how many awesome epic amazing plans I had for studio pieces in my sketch book and never got around to doing them. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that motivation is very important, because without it you will just end up with empty canvases and lots of sketches.
At least the silk looks shiny.
IMG_1112.JPG

I guess looking back I wish I had stuck to one medium instead of going insane and trying everything. I never got really good at one thing, I feel most comfortable with watercolor and pencil (2H-6B) but college eats up too much time for me to get serious again about improving myself. This winter break I will try to finish the giant pencil "S" with gold leafing and post results.

So team9000 has shown some interest in art n' stoof. Cool beans.
Post em if you got em', I don't care how long your posts get. No photography, I'll make a separate thread for that later. Studio pieces, sketchbook pages, anything made on the computer are all welcome. This is a place to share your work, your ideas, and general art motivation cause for the past year the only creative work I've done is in minecraft, thanks college.

I'll just post some of my favorites, a lot of other pieces are missing. :( Lots of these were for my IB Art porfolio.

So this first one I enjoyed painting the most, It was a present for someone, and probably the last thing I painted before college.
View attachment 80922
My usual watercolor setup when I work, nothing fancy.
View attachment 80923
The drafting in my IB sketchbook.
View attachment 80921

Made this in the 11th grade, I was trying for a "oh look I'm another planet looking at other planets" but that kind of failed a bit. (watercolor)
View attachment 80924

10th grade, tempra paint, was probably some Mardi Gras assignment I guess.
View attachment 80925

9th grade colored pencils and watercolor, a giant H with like stuff around it. Was inspired by the album cover for "A Posteriori" by Enigma.
View attachment 80926

11th grade watercolor, painted this in like an hour, really messy but was very fun. I'm actually just noticing that the trunk is way too exposed, not sure why I did that. :eek:
View attachment 80927

12th grade experimenting with Black and Colored India Ink. India Ink is amazing, that is all.
View attachment 80928

11th grade watercolor and ball point pen, unfinished. Dis a girl, she possibly maybe doesn't have a shirt on, oh mah gosh. It's okay, I get away with it since it's a studio piece. ( an unfinished one :( )
View attachment 80930

10th grade pencil super unfinished, this is the evil studio piece that never got finished. I had it all planned out to use gold leafing to make it awesome sauce. Oh well one day.
View attachment 80931
View attachment 80929

11th grade conte crayon on tan construction paper. Made this with my best friend, it was a fun little thing, I had the paper upside-down. I believe we were trying to create a super chicken.
View attachment 80932

11th grade colored chalk on watercolor. A quick sketch for my sketchbook.
View attachment 80933

9th grade charcol. Sketch during my calligraphy phase.
View attachment 80934
Some of my first practice sheets, can't find the others unfortunetely.
View attachment 80935

11th grade colored pastel, chalk, pencils and ball point pen. This is the first page for my IB Art sketchbook. I would take that sticky off but I don't wanna take the pastel off the page.
View attachment 80936

12th grade ball point pen on colored pastel. Quick experiment for sketchbook.
View attachment 80937

8th grade black inc scratched off of colored pastel. This is a favorite assignment among art teachers.
View attachment 80938

Now for some origami ! :D
6th grade, I've made like a thousand of these (30 piece modular origami called "Electra") but I started in the 6th grade. This one was spray painted with chrome.
View attachment 80941
Oh and in the 12th grade I tried making a really fucking huge version. Was one of the most epic failures in my experience as you can tell in the picture. In the end it tore itself apart because it was too heavy and the paper it was made of too weak.
View attachment 80940

11th grade 500 piece modular origami swan. Oh this was fun making, many a classes were ignored while making the tiny little pieces for the end product. :D
View attachment 80939
I also got into these for a while, I forgot what they were called. Like origami architecture or something, there was an awesome thread on 4chan (papercraft and origami) where many templates were posted. You can also make your own templates using certain applications. The ones I made were so messy, folding those tiny parts was very difficult.
View attachment 80942
View attachment 80943

Now for some old work !
This one I believe was from the 4th grade during my anime phase. FUMOFFU !!!!!
View attachment 80947

My three point perspective church thingy I drew in the 3rd grade. Derp. What if minecraft came out back then? I probably would have had a heart attack of awesome sauce. Oh well legos worked too.
View attachment 80948

Ah the earliest piece I still have, from the second grade. I'm guessing anything earlier is still back in Armenia in a shelf or something. Woot Taj Mahal.
View attachment 80949

And I will end with an empty canvas. Specifically a silk screen canvas that I made from scratch. It took me about 8 hours for some reason, I guess evenly stretching the silk took a while and some other neatness issues. And then I never got around to painting on it and I still have it. I post it because it reminds me how many awesome epic amazing plans I had for studio pieces in my sketch book and never got around to doing them. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that motivation is very important, because without it you will just end up with empty canvases and lots of sketches.
At least the silk looks shiny.
View attachment 80946

I guess looking back I wish I had stuck to one medium instead of going insane and trying everything. I never got really good at one thing, I feel most comfortable with watercolor and pencil (2H-6B) but college eats up too much time for me to get serious again about improving myself. This winter break I will try to finish the giant pencil "S" with gold leafing and post results.
my....my god O_O
This is just amazing!
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TEACH ME! :3

Wow, GreenEarth, Rsmv, you two are amazing artist! I honestly am motivated by all of this, but sadly, I'll have to stick with my main focus, music! My skills with brush and pen are sub-par and the only art I can produce is that of Minecraft builds. You both should really keep this up, its impressive for all who set their eyes on it.:D

By the way GreenEarth, your first couple of drawings remind me of Katamari, so many mushrooms!

The mushroom pics remind me of my early ideas about Shroomville's appearance.
I put windows in the giant shrooms so the flying mice can live in them. I will have to visit Shroomville, are you guys using silk touch to get shroom blocks and making giant shroom houses?

my....my god O_O
This is just amazing!
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TEACH ME! :3
Which medium? Or just general stoof?

This is amazing man. You've got REAL talent. <3
O_O wow Greenearth you're a boss.
Pretty freaking cool green.
Wow, you're spectacular at art, Green. I wish I had the skill to draw like that.

Oh thanks <3

Wow, GreenEarth, Rsmv, you two are amazing artist! I honestly am motivated by all of this, but sadly, I'll have to stick with my main focus, music! My skills with brush and pen are sub-par and the only art I can produce is that of Minecraft builds. You both should really keep this up, its impressive for all who set their eyes on it.:D
By the way GreenEarth, your first couple of drawings remind me of Katamari, so many mushrooms!

Yes my love affair with fungi is deep, the silk painting was suppose to be mushrooms too.

Gotta say as an artist, I'm liking what you can do Green. You're talented. :)

Rsmv, yours is good to. I'm just not big on the out of focus thing.

I put windows in the giant shrooms so the flying mice can live in them. I will have to visit Shroomville, are you guys using silk touch to get shroom blocks and making giant shroom houses?

Yes my love affair with fungi is deep, the silk painting was suppose to be mushrooms too.
*myceli-fist*

Rsmv, take an art class if you want to learn! You won't be instantly great like GreenEarth, but you'll learn the basic techniques of art.

Welcome to GreenEarth's ArtThread :3
This be a general thread so discussions and sharing are welcome.
Love the artwork GreenEarth! Reminds me of M. C. Escher! :3

Oh thanks :) One of my first art books was M.C. Escher.
I wish I was good at art :(

You just gotta believe yo.
I really want to take a art class. >.<

I've only taken art classes at my public schools. Try to get into the higher level classes at school they might bullshit you into taking art 1 or 2 but try to skip those if possible. They generally don't teach you technique (at my public schools at least), a good teacher will create assignments with lots of freedom for their students to experiment with different media. I've never really had anyone teach me better technique so I can't say how someone would teach this, analyzing other artwork and online tutorials I guess would be a good start.
*myceli-fist*

Oh no, your hyphae just spread into my fist and are creating mycorrhizae with my blood vessels. Let it be a mutualistic symbiosis.

Back