• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Auction: Death's Sickle (X X X X sword) (Community Reboot)

DOS622

2014-12-12_17.23.23.png

This is the reward for voting 500 times.

Auction closes 3 days after the last reasonable bid unless I decide to extend it or cancel it early. Bid whatever materials you like, but not rubbish like dirt please, I won't accept it even if you're the only bidder :p Since people are bidding different materials, I'll make it clear who I think has the highest bid along the way so you know if you need to increase your bid. Apologies in advance if this auction format turns out to be stupid!

*raises pinkie finger to corner of mouth*
ONE MILLION DIAMONDS

12 diamond blocks.

I will give you 14 diamond blocks, build you a 10 x 10 x 5 cobblestone house AND I'll gift you a copy of Bad Rats on Steam. Beat that, suckers.

I raise it to 12 Diamond blocks + 1 Emerald Block
13 blocks + 1 nether star
I will give you 14 diamond blocks, build you a 10 x 10 x 5 cobblestone house AND I'll gift you a copy of Bad Rats on Steam. Beat that, suckers.

Out of these, firestorm's bid is winning, since I've heard that wither skulls have been sold for 64 diamonds each on a few occasions. Of course there's no guarantee anyone would want to pay 3x64 or more for a nether star, so I just have to have some rough idea of what it's worth in my head. It's definitely worth more than 1 diamond block + some other crap :)

I think this thread has become more of a material wealth competition amongst the bidders than an auction.

I mean, how many of you actually want the sword?

If people try to use that sword in PvP they won't get any kills with it unless they stay permanently in the bottom area of the arena. Sure the damage sounds great, but knockback 10 will toss someone off the map every time without fail. Also, if they don't fall, they are more than a good distance to rape you with a bow.

The only practical use of the weapon would be PvE and even then you'd have to chase the loot for a mile before you can get to it.

So really, the only thing I'd ever use it for would be to get more loot from a mob grinder, and that's a waste of a weapon. If it didn't have the knockback it would be a viable weapon.

Back