• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Auction: Death's Sickle (X X X X sword) (Community Reboot)

Out of these, firestorm's bid is winning, since I've heard that wither skulls have been sold for 64 diamonds each on a few occasions. Of course there's no guarantee anyone would want to pay 3x64 or more for a nether star, so I just have to have some rough idea of what it's worth in my head. It's definitely worth more than 1 diamond block + some other crap :)

If that's the case, I'd like to raise the bid to 15 diamond blocks + 1 emerald block.

I'm getting close to my limit.

If people try to use that sword in PvP they won't get any kills with it unless they stay permanently in the bottom area of the arena. Sure the damage sounds great, but knockback 10 will toss someone off the map every time without fail. Also, if they don't fall, they are more than a good distance to rape you with a bow.

The only practical use of the weapon would be PvE and even then you'd have to chase the loot for a mile before you can get to it.

So really, the only thing I'd ever use it for would be to get more loot from a mob grinder, and that's a waste of a weapon. If it didn't have the knockback it would be a viable weapon.
Doesn't sharpness 10 more than make up for the knockback, especially in a pvp setting?

Doesn't sharpness 10 more than make up for the knockback, especially in a pvp setting?
Only if it can one or two shot someone.

Back in my PvP faction days, the strategy was to have one sword with Sharp V Fire Aspect II(for damage), then another sword with Knockback II(for utility).

Having them both on the same sword makes it neigh useless in PvP, because you can't do the damage if you're not in range.

If people try to use that sword in PvP they won't get any kills with it unless they stay permanently in the bottom area of the arena. Sure the damage sounds great, but knockback 10 will toss someone off the map every time without fail. Also, if they don't fall, they are more than a good distance to rape you with a bow.

I haven't looked at mtn's new arena map suggestions, so not sure if this applies to those too?

I'm not saying I can refute the claims made here in this thread, but I did notice that Cathykiddo had one of these swords and was at the top of the ladder when she was actually playing. I assumed the sword was the reason but could be wrong!

I haven't looked at mtn's new arena map suggestions, so not sure if this applies to those too?

I'm not saying I can refute the claims made here in this thread, but I did notice that Cathykiddo had one of these swords and was at the top of the ladder when she was actually playing. I assumed the sword was the reason but could be wrong!

There's 1 where it could be very beneficial, a 2nd where its still beneficial but not as much, and then the 3rd arena is just like the one we have now.

...... For a sword? Really?

ಠ_ಠ You people value shit way too high. Especially when you can get your own for free by voting. Don't give me rabble on how long it would take, it'd still be the less taxing option, especially if you value your precious blue rocks.

firestorm is still winning.

20 Diamond Blocks. And for good measure, 1 stack of lapis blocks

...... For a sword? Really?

ಠ_ಠ You people value shit way too high. Especially when you can get your own for free by voting. Don't give me rabble on how long it would take, it'd still be the less taxing option, especially if you value your precious blue rocks.

Not really. If you think about it, I used to have over 4 or 5 stacks of diamond blocks. I could easily go back and get some more if I dedicated myself to mining again. However, there is only 1 sword that has these specs on it in the whole game. Its like on that episode of South Park- The Sword of Truth. There's only 1, and you can't get it unless the minecraft gods bestow it upon you (or through voting). There used to be a 2nd one, but that person lost theirs. If Xec is consistent with his voting, it will take him at least 15 days to reach his. If I'm consistent, it'll take me another 3 weeks. The next active person on that list, I believe, is Lacar, and he is several more weeks behind me. Even if the next 5 people all got the sword, I would still be buying it for enormous sums of money, primarily for the rarity factor. But then again, you're talking to a guy that spent 2 stacks of diamonds just to buy 1 Ozy-block. Spending promotes the economy (until you go broke. :p )

20 Diamond Blocks. And for good measure, 1 stack of lapis blocks

Not really. If you think about it, I used to have over 4 or 5 stacks of diamond blocks. I could easily go back and get some more if I dedicated myself to mining again. However, there is only 1 sword that has these specs on it in the whole game. Its like on that episode of South Park- The Sword of Truth. There's only 1, and you can't get it unless the minecraft gods bestow it upon you (or through voting). There used to be a 2nd one, but that person lost theirs. If Xec is consistent with his voting, it will take him at least 15 days to reach his. If I'm consistent, it'll take me another 3 weeks. The next active person on that list, I believe, is Lacar, and he is several more weeks behind me. Even if the next 5 people all got the sword, I would still be buying it for enormous sums of money, primarily for the rarity factor. But then again, you're talking to a guy that spent 2 stacks of diamonds just to buy 1 Ozy-block. Spending promotes the economy (until you go broke. :p )
But like thee_pro said, there's not exactly a real -good- use for it due to knockback. There's not exactly a rush to get one. Unless you just want to waste 20 diamond blocks for no god damn reason, then sure, go ahead.

But like thee_pro said, there's not exactly a real -good- use for it due to knockback. There's not exactly a rush to get one. Unless you just want to waste 20 diamond blocks for no god damn reason, then sure, go ahead.

I actually want it for other reasons than the arena. :)

fire, I am assuming that "13 blocks" is referring to diamond blocks!!

So the question is: what is more valuable, 7 diamond blocks (63 diamonds) and a stack of lapis blocks, or a nether star? I think the nether star is more valuable.
Nether Stars are infinite. Diamonds and Lapis are not. With the sword, you can farm stupid amounts of nether stars with little to no effort.

fire, I am assuming that "13 blocks" is referring to diamond blocks!!

So the question is: what is more valuable, 7 diamond blocks (63 diamonds) and a stack of lapis blocks, or a nether star? I think the nether star is more valuable.

Alright, this is my final attempt to persuade you that my bid should be higher.

23 diamond blocks
1 Stack of Iron Blocks
20 gold blocks
20 lapis blocks
5 emerald blocks
5 Enchanted books of my choosing (all maxed out at 30xp levels though)
1 Name Tag
1 Mooshroom Egg
1 Notch apple
1 Golden Apple
1 Unbreaking 3 & Power 4 Bow
1 Ghast tear
1 Enchanted Stone Sword w/Bane of Arthopods lvl 1
1 Bottle 'O Enchanting
1 Rose Bush
1 Lilac
1 Peony
1 Saddle
1 Diamond Hoe with Unbreaking 3, which is named "Best Hoe - Dis hoe be da best hoe."
1 Iron Horse Armor
1 Pufferfish
1 Magma Cream Ball

Edit: Also throwing in the following items-

1 Cake
1 Mall Music Disc
1 11 Music Disc

This is also just an opportunity for me to clear out my inventory. I have things to get rid of anyways.

23 diamond blocks
1 Stack of Iron Blocks
20 gold blocks
20 lapis blocks
5 emerald blocks
1 Name Tag
1 Mooshroom Egg
1 Notch apple
1 Golden Apple
1 Ghast tear
1 Bottle 'O Enchanting
1 Rose Bush
1 Lilac
1 Peony
1 Saddle
1 Diamond Hoe with Unbreaking 3, which is named "Best Hoe - Dis hoe be da best hoe."
1 Iron Horse Armor
1 Pufferfish
1 Magma Cream Ball

This is also just an opportunity for me to clear out my inventory. I have things to get rid of anyways.

Okay I consider this to be the highest bid but also a fairly bad direction for the bidding process to take :D

23 diamond blocks
1 Stack of Iron Blocks
20 gold blocks
20 lapis blocks
5 emerald blocks
1 Name Tag
1 Mooshroom Egg
1 Notch apple
1 Golden Apple
1 Ghast tear
1 Bottle 'O Enchanting
1 Rose Bush
1 Lilac
1 Peony
1 Saddle
1 Iron Horse Armor
1 Pufferfish
1 Magma Cream Ball

Edit: Also throwing in the following items-

1 Cake
1 Mall Music Disc
1 11 Music Disc

I feel like this is your entire 'Misc' chest.

Back