• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Back to Basics

WootyOld

Owner/Programmer
I have formally decided to move back to one server for the current time. We all know that popularity is down about... 100%. 100% is not a good number.

Anyways, I have three options, either
One Fully-Reset DFX-MOD server
One (actually working) DFX-SURF server
One server of a different variety (WC3, zombiemod, sh, etc)

So, if anyone actually reads this anymore, PLEASE POST YOUR OPINION! Its not like im doing this for myself anyways, the servers more about you guys. So, I need to make sure that whatever I do would be in the intrest of the players, not what I want.

Anyways, I have three options, either
One Fully-Reset DFX-MOD server:

NO NO NO!!!! Just advertise it more. :(

One (actually working) DFX-SURF server:

It doesn't work?

One server of a different variety (WC3, zombiemod, sh, etc):

Meh, I probally wont play those anyways, but SH seems to bring in the most money and a lot of people like it.

:)

well there are alot of dead sh servers, but if u choose the right heros, im sure you could fill a sh server

also, if u decide on sh, can dfx regulars have a fraction of the dfx exp transfered?

having just a surf-mod would be easier and you could proly keep it alive with fewer updates, but u wouldnt have as much compitition and after u get the first few lvls and have the ability to go pretty much anywhere in the lvl before others, i would imagine it wouldnt seem as interesting

Yea...uhh.... have you noticed that the old dfx (not 2.0) was almost always full?

Or it ATLEAST had 5+? I can't seem to think of a reason for that. Ok, well

anyways, has anyone been to those TrUklan servers? They have like 8 and

all are like 24/7 maps... but they're ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS full..and every

wc3 server i see, has atleast a couple ppl in them... but not dfx?

here are the two reasons for why i think dfx is dead now:

1. When newbs are on with experienced people, the noobs get owned and leave
2. When the noobs are doing ok, they are already lvl 8 and they get pissed cause its hard to level up.

Wouldnt mind a zombie + skills if that were possible, such as a brighter flashlight skill for the non-zombies etc;

Uhh if you guys dont know me, im just a lvl 21, ive been playing for a awhile and ya i remember when it used to be cool, i say you should just reset cuz it wouldnt really bother me, and people would be on to get back their lvls, and that would attact more people, then we would be set.. thats what i think

Wouldnt mind a zombie + skills if that were possible, such as a brighter flashlight skill for the non-zombies etc;
as i said before; no mod based on bots can keep a player more than a month
(look at any zombie server; there might be 4-5 regulars; but 90% of the server will not stay for an extended ammount of time)

Well whenever I see jct zombie server up it always has quite an amount of people on it, and it Wooty were able to implement skills I'm sure people would find a reason to keep playing on the server...

here are the two reasons for why i think dfx is dead now:

1. When newbs are on with experienced people, the noobs get owned and leave
2. When the noobs are doing ok, they are already lvl 8 and they get pissed cause its hard to level up.

DFX is dead because there are hardly any people to keep it up. When theres a few people in it, a newbie might come, be confused, and be owned because he didn't know what to do.

When I joined, there were over 7 people in the server, and they helped me, so I didn't mind being killed over and over. Once you had a few skills, it was easy to avoid being killed, I got 200xp per kill. Now, they get over 500xp per kill, and start at level 8. You can't really give them more. It gives them the basic skills needed to stay alive, and they can reset them if they make a mistake/ want to test them out. Oh, and they get a tutorial.

Some of the newbies are annoying, complaining how they get killed, how hard it is to level up, saying we hack, etc, newsflash newb, this isn't a superhero server, any level can kill any level with good stratigy. (IE not rushing)

Reseting DFX wont do anything, it would only upset the old players. Once we get back to the levels we were at, it would be the same thing.

I think we just need to advertise it more, go on all the counterstrike sites, gaming sites, and tell them "Hey, check out this server!". It works.

DFX is dead because there are hardly any people to keep it up. When theres a few people in it, a newbie might come, be confused, and be owned because he didn't know what to do.

When I joined, there were over 7 people in the server, and they helped me, so I didn't mind being killed over and over. Once you had a few skills, it was easy to avoid being killed, I got 200xp per kill. Now, they get over 500xp per kill, and start at level 8. You can't really give them more. It gives them the basic skills needed to stay alive, and they can reset them if they make a mistake/ want to test them out. Oh, and they get a tutorial.

Some of the newbies are annoying, complaining how they get killed, how hard it is to level up, saying we hack, etc, newsflash newb, this isn't a superhero server, any level can kill any level with good stratigy. (IE not rushing)

Reseting DFX wont do anything, it would only upset the old players. Once we get back to the levels we were at, it would be the same thing.

I think we just need to advertise it more, go on all the counterstrike sites, gaming sites, and tell them "Hey, check out this server!". It works.

Some servers dont let you advertise, and it is a bit annoying when some 12 year old asks for help over their mic on how to set up hook...

Some servers dont let you advertise, and it is a bit annoying when some 12 year old asks for help over their mic on how to set up hook...

This is the internet. Use your imagination!

Gaia, myspace, gaming sites, offtopic, there are thousands of sites you can advertise on.

You don't need to advertise it in an annoying way, just put it in the signature, or, at the end of your message.

wait i was not on for a while.
Did this ever go source?
is this still CS 1.6
did i lose my levels?
plz help me i want to play again
i was playing maple story and got to level 30

Better to keep DFX-Surf(I don't surf but still a good idea) since of the popularity that people loves to surf and DFX-Mod is actually .. Well, challenging for the noobs and waste of time for pros to sit there until a noob comes in and leaves after the second he/she finds that you are standing behind him getting knifed. If you are keeping DFX-Mod, just re-adjust the game like keep the popular maps and rid of the non-popular maps or adjust the speed, damage, speed hook, etc.

Hey... i remember Jack.. anyways, double, the same thing happened before "2.0".... but it was still WAY more popular.

Back