• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

ban appeal: babybacon

BaloneyPony

Upon my first login on the Muble server, I have found myself banned. I assume this has something to do with my recent password change, and entering my password in. Seeing as this was my first time entering I lack to see why it is fair for me to be banned.

Upon my first login on the Muble server, I have found myself banned. I assume this has something to do with my recent password change, and entering my password in. Seeing as this was my first time entering I lack to see why it is fair for me to be banned.
Did you have your birthday information correct on the Team9000 website?

Even though it seems someone changed the Wiki, there was a rule in place that if you are under a certain age and lied about it, then joined Mumble and were found out, you would be banned until old enough. I'm sure that rule still applies.

Otherwise, I have not heard of this sort of first time instaban any other way.

HA!

Also I think I remember baby saying he was like 13/14 so if he spoke, someone might have just assumed he was under 13.

Did you have your birthday information correct on the Team9000 website?

Even though it seems someone changed the Wiki, there was a rule in place that if you are under a certain age and lied about it, then joined Mumble and were found out, you would be banned until old enough. I'm sure that rule still applies.

Otherwise, I have not heard of this sort of first time instaban any other way.
HA!

Also I think I remember baby saying he was like 13/14 so if he spoke, someone might have just assumed he was under 13.
Ahhhh there is the issue. I am a year older on the site than I actually am. That would make sense. I did join the site a month before I turned 13 and my stupid 12 year old self never fixed it :p. I am 15 now, and my voice is at the sound of a 13 year old who smokes, so I thought I would try mumble out :p

Ahhhh there is the issue. I am a year older on the site than I actually am. That would make sense. I did join the site a month before I turned 13 and my stupid 12 year old self never fixed it :p. I am 15 now, and my voice is at the sound of a 13 year old who smokes, so I thought I would try mumble out :p
Get in contact with Wooty and let him know you would like to update your age and he will help you.

Ok... This has gone on long enough... This appeal and this one are not getting the proper attention they should be from the admins of Team9000 and that upsets me.

The reason it upsets me is when a member of the "core group" or "inner circle" gets banned off mumble it takes literally one night for them to be unbanned... Then we see two members who by no means are in the core group get banned and not even a reply can be given. That is pretty fucked up.

Now of course i don't expect you to unban them.. Although i wish you would that is up to you... But not even a reply? Cmonnnn.

I might get some flak for saying this but i am just saying what a lot of people are thinking... Been 2 months guys..

Ok... This has gone on long enough... This appeal and this one are not getting the proper attention they should be from the admins of Team9000 and that upsets me.

The reason it upsets me is when a member of the "core group" or "inner circle" gets banned off mumble it takes literally one night for them to be unbanned... Then we see two members who by no means are in the core group get banned and not even a reply can be given. That is pretty fucked up.

Now of course i don't expect you to unban them.. Although i wish you would that is up to you... But not even a reply? Cmonnnn.

I might get some flack for saying this but i am just saying what a lot of people are thinking... Been 2 months guys..
I've never been on mumble once (ever) and am completely in the dark about this situation, but 2 months is a ridiculously long time for a ban appeal. I don't know why you think you'd receive flak for this.

I've never been on mumble once (ever) and am completely in the dark about this situation, but 2 months is a ridiculously long time for a ban appeal. I don't know why you think you'd receive flak for this.
The flak i would be getting would be the debate of if there is a "core group" at all. Some people don't think it exists here.. I disagree strongly.

I might get some flak for saying this but i am just saying what a lot of people are thinking... Been 2 months guys..
I would disagree about this. Both things you mention, are people banned due to being underage. Have you seen any other said ban appeals by anyone being underage or having an age set incorrectly? It gets little to no response. Even if it is someone from this "core group".

It has nothing to do with that, but simply just the fact that Woot does not like people lying about their age.

I would disagree about this. Both things you mention, are people banned due to being underage. Have you seen any other said ban appeals by anyone being underage or having an age set incorrectly? It gets little to no response. Even if it is someone from this "core group".

It has nothing to do with that, but simply just the fact that Woot does not like people lying about their age.
So even if he does not like it he can't leave a reply?

I'd like to add that there have been other members who were underage who were unbanned as soon as they turned 13. *Cough cough* Twisted *cough*

Ban appeals and requests have never been acknowledged until they hit around 5 pages.

Wooty said:
IMPORTANT

Your birthdate must be set correctly in your Team9000 profile in order to participate on mumble. If your birthdate is set incorrectly, you will be permanently IP banned.

If you are under 13, do not join Mumble! We can easily tell, and you will be permanently IP banned.​

I'd like to add that there have been other members who were underage who were unbanned as soon as they turned 13. *Cough cough* Twisted *cough*

Ban appeals and requests have never been acknowledged until they hit around 5 pages.

I've been of age for 3 years and even when I joined it was only a month before I turned 13. The thing is that was 3 years ago. People have been banned from the Minecraft server, for greater crimes, for less time than myself. I never even used the service, so it is not like I was causing any disturbance on mumble.

I've been of age for 3 years and even when I joined it was only a month before I turned 13. The thing is that was 3 years ago. People have been banned from the Minecraft server, for greater crimes, for less time than myself. I never even used the service, so it is not like I was causing any disturbance on mumble.
I'm just saying what is happening. And actually contrary to what waffles said, Twisted was not unbanned. She made a new account once she turned 13.

And the underage thing is a LEGAL issue, that's why he gets so upset about it more than anything else.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'permanently'.

If i may, the point Csi was trying to get at was that after two months, there was still no reply from ANY admin whatsoever; Granted that is pretty ridiculous.

Pixiel was in the right with posting the mumble top page rule, and Patch was also in the right for explaining why the permanent IP ban exists.

As for Twisted's case, while a good hearted effort on the part of Ienjoywaffles, was kind of fruitless, seeing as he did not have the full knowledge of the situation.

TL;DR Taking two months to respond? Lolwut?

(pls don't derail thread any more than it has. i see shitstorms in the future.)

It has been policy from Mumble day one, if someone is under the age of 13, or lies about their age, and the user does not voluntarily request an age change, the user account will be permanently banned. I do not know the specifics of the incident, that is just the related policy.

Edit: This appeal would be solely in the realm of Wooty's control.

It has been policy from Mumble day one, if someone is under the age of 13, or lies about their age, and the user does not voluntarily request an age change, the user account will be permanently banned. I do not know the specifics of the incident, that is just the related policy.

Edit: This appeal would be solely in the realm of Wooty's control.
I sent in the age change request. If I never get to use the service then so be it at least that issue on my account is fixed.

I apologize for not seeing this post before, you have been set to blocks on the website because of past discrepancy. Although I didn't join when I was under-aged and that is what confuses me. I only joined mumble the one time when I found out I had been banned roughly a month ago.

Back