Banished (A City Builder Game)

Cheese7710

So I got this game. I think it's pretty fun. It's made by a single person I hear, and he did well. I'd show you my village, but it kinda...got destroyed by a tornado and killed every resident I had.

sigh

Okay, for those confused, Banished is a city-building strategy game focused on careful resource management and survival as an isolated and growing society.[1]
Shining Rock Software said:
What is Banished?

Welcome to the world of Banished! In this city-building strategy game, you control a group of exiled travelers who decide to restart their lives in a new land. They have only the clothes on their backs and a cart filled with supplies from their homeland.

The objective of the game is to keep the population alive and grow it into a successful culture. Options for feeding the people include hunting and gathering, agriculture, trade, and fishing. However, sustainable practices must be considered to survive in the long term.
[2]

It's made by Shining Rock Software and is available on Steam for $19.99.

people making threads and not properly making a post; i swear, kids these days
guy wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit him in the face
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html

careful resource management...... sounds more complicated than fun Q.Q

You'd think that, but it really is easy as hell haha. Takes maybe 15 minutes to get the feel for it, 1 failed game of approximately an hour to master it and then it's just plain sailing. The real trouble is the AI and how it acts in regards to food storage (barns), that is pretty much the only thing that hindered expansion.

It's a great time killer but nothing more, there is no end-game and longevity seems to be the only objective.

Back