Blur - is it good or just too blurry?

warpixel

I don't know if you experienced the 'Blur'-Beta (from Bizarre Creations, PGR series) that could be played over Xbox Live but I must say, i played it almost every day since the beta was released and i think its AWSUM!
Not only because it looks pretty cool with all the visual fx. The Music, the tension in this game is just pure awsum. It also has Twitter support, which i think is a pretty cool feature..

I cant want for this game to hit the shelves!

What are your thoughts? (If you even played it..)

btw.: Beta will be end in a few days i guess..

As an avid Mario Kart player, I can say that Blur is actually the first competitive new-age racing game that even reaches the same level.

Sure, we've got Project Gotham, Forza, Need for Speed, etc., but all those games are focused on the cars and less on the player. Sure, reaction time might play a factor in those other racing games, but the game isn't really "complicated" enough for me to give it full merit.

Blur, on the other hand, brings back those complications that we love so much from the Mario Kart series (power-ups, battles, boosts). I don't say this often, but Blur may be one of the few Xbox games that becomes a classic in the years to come.

nice.
but sadly enough the beta was played by only a few thousand... maybe the majority of gamers, who are interessted in the 'different kind of racing game', didnt even know about the game or the beta? but i like to doubt that!

when i was on it was 2.500 max who played it (displayed in-game)

It definitely wasn't publicized well. I didn't even know about it until someone told me.

I just downloaded it. I haven't played it yet, but my kid's review of it is that it's "AWESOME!!!" and "I love that the demo gives you the full xbox live experience." He's 10 yrs old, fyi.

My opinion is yet to come. I'll let you know if it's easier to come in last place or not....

even if you are in last place.. its still fun.
i HATE being the last... but i don't hate this game in that exact moment which i normally do with other games xD

It seems to make everything better when everyone is screaming at each other over voice chat.

Blur is one of the few games I actually don't have a problem with screaming over vox.

Agreed. That was the fun part. Now...I have played it, and coming in last place was fairly simple. But yet, somehow still a TON of fun. Shhhh...don't tell my kid I liked it. He'll use that against me in a ploy to get me to buy it for him.

EDIT p.s. If you play with me, I can pretty much guarantee you'll never come in last place. ;-)

Uhhhh.... how would you play a multiplayer demo without a gold membership anyways?

It seems to make everything better when everyone is screaming at each other over voice chat.

I agree with you on this because it brings you back to play old racing games (like mario kart) with your friends all huddled around the tv with controllers in hand trash talking each other.

As for the game itself and the way it was given to the community, I love how it was really well put together for just multiplayer testing. They had several good game modes to test with good servers to keep it up for the most part and kept lag to a minimum. The gameplay reminds me that racing is more than just a snazzy set of cars to customize till the day is done. It's about just racing a track in the car you liked (since there is little difference in car besides steering style and some speed or acceleration differences) picking up something to get the edge or screw yourself over. add about 20 racers into this and about 200 mph on average cars and you'll see why this is fun.

so for it being so long but I sort of over explain sometimes for an internet user.

The only parts I didn't like about the beta were glitched lobbys.

But that's a suprisingly small issue, and it IS a beta after all :p

Back