• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Blurrr...

that_taco_guy

Starting off on the most positive note of this blog, my weekend has been horrible. Thank God it's almost over.

I thought I was going to have one of the best weekends ever, when I've had one of the worst weekends ever. We had Friday as a day off, because it was Dia de los Muertos here in Ecuador. It's like Halloween, but on Friday, and we get a day off. c:

Thursday, I think I caught a bug at school. There's this kid that was sick. Not sure if it was him or not. Thing is, it didn't manifest until Friday.

Friday, I woke up, feeling decent, but a little out of it. But, whatever, right? I'll have the entire day to myself, doing what I want to do, even getting some homework done early. Right?

Wrong. I woke up to a Romanian woman who we've been helping out coming to our house, knocking on the door. She has two children, she's a single mother, and she can't control either of them. Fine, whatever, single mother, I feel bad for her. Well. She begins to complain to me that one of the church members is cheating her out of a garage sale thing, not sure about her whole story.

The thing that I DID remember, though, is that she doesn't shower. Much less brush her teeth, I think. I seriously wanted to throw up from her stench. It was intoxicating. I didn't want to be rude, so I wasn't trying to hard to cover my face, but she was talking directly at me. I think we were about two to three feet away from each other. She. Reeked. Not just something like "oh, you haven't taken a shower for a day or bathed for a day", no, we're talking things like days, weeks, months. I have no idea. But seriously. It was horrible.

A deep, sick feeling started to grow, brought on by the nausea, and that's when my illness began to start. Runny nose, stuffy sinuses, headaches, body aches, general tiredness.

The next thing that happened on Friday, after the Romanian woman left, is that I got two church members at my house, with two kids that belonged to one of them, and the other's little brother. Apparently, my mom does Bible studies with them on Friday mornings. They weren't that bad honestly, but it's still stressful that I hadn't even eaten breakfast, and I've got my house (which is a small apartment near the center of town) filled with people. Also, three kids running around in a confined space isn't exactly great either.

So, fine, they were going to leave, and I'll have the rest of the day to myself, right? Haha, wrong. Life screwed me over once again, because, apparently, one of the church members said that one of the church members wanted to watch some Bible studies, and we've been loaning out an old laptop that was given to us. My mom said that it was in Izhcayluma, which is a good walking distance away from Vilcabamba. Feasible, but long.

Okay, I won't fuss much here. It was nice up there. We spent a few hours there, I got to pet and snuggle oh-so-lovable fuzzy doggie, and got some nice pictures. I'll upload them soon; it was a gorgeous day.

So, we're heading back home in one of the taxis, which are trucks. Here in Ecuador, we don't need no leading government man to oppress us, so we can ride in the back. I love riding in the back of the truck. SO much fun. I even felt happy for a moment. I'm going home thinking I'll be stress-free, no one to attend to, and no stress for anyone anymore.

Now, remember, I'm sick right? I'm trying to distract myself using the Internet, books, music, whatever, to not feel as bad as I would just sitting doing nothing. It's a good tactic, really. Either way, I'm planning on having a good afternoon, doing homework, maybe spending some time with Mom and Dad watching a movie, doing the lesson, etcetera. Right?

Wrong again! There were two people waiting for us at our front door. Those two people multiplied to three with two kids, which spent until about 8 PM at night at our place. Meanwhile, my stress-ridden mother starts to tell me to interact with the person my age; you know, the "you two can be FRIEEEEEEENDSSSSSSSSSSS" thing. I'm kind of an introvert, so I don't have (m)any friends, and I'm not exactly willing to make new friends so easily. The guy didn't want to converse either; he's pretty shy. All he wanted was the Wi-Fi password for my network, which I gave him. I was fine, he was fine, we were okay. But, was my Mom content? NO! NOT AT ALL! I was the worst son in the universe, because I felt sick as a dog, and just wanted to lock myself in my room and do nothing.

Eventually, they left, and my Mom FINALLY noticed I was sick, and helped me out with some natural remedies. I feel asleep, sick, tired, stressed, and majorly disappointed.

That was my Friday.

Lets hope that that doesn't ever happen again.

./facedesk

Ouch, That sounds brutal! Hope you feel better, or at least have a better week. ;)

Also, my parents were the same way: "You're the same age as [random kid], you two should be friends!"
Lolno, parents know nothing of friendships if they think age is the deciding factor.

My Friday? I poured Tabasco on my penis and rode it like a buffalo. That was a really good idea except that I threw a beer bottle on the ground and that was ouchy.

My Friday?
It was literally me playing Assassins Creed 3 all day.

Also, hope you get better. Perhaps you should change your taco-y shell.

Sounds like the premise for a great next episode of....THAT_TACO_SHOW!!!, hope ya feel better man and remember: don't forget your towel.

Friday, hmm... I went to school, I went back home, I did a partial of my homework. I played some games, I wen to sleep, and I woke up again. Don't see how yours could've been more worse than mine.

Back