Breaking Bad Series Finale (Spoilers!!)

99SOR

To quote the host from Talking Bad, " I have a breaking bad size hole in my soul...". I really do not know what to

think of the way it ended, but I have to admit Vince Gilligan did tie up all of the loose ends pretty welll.

How do you feel about the conclusion?

I wish it was longer and had more violence and Walt losing his shit (even more so) for the last time.

Walt seemed so calm and calculated when executing his final plans. I thought he'd be more cruel and sadistic. That's the Walt I imagine, becoming a true monster that not even he could control.

I guess if Breaking Bad had a "good" ending this would be it. Walt using his brilliance and calculative know-how to tie up everything, being devoid of pride.

But I really do want to see the full extent of how desperate and maniacal Walt would become if he's pushed too far.. ie. Jack threatening to kill his family if he didn't comply and being "that" close to actually doing it. That dreaded feeling was always something that Breaking Bad was good at.

That would probably some fanfic I work out in my head of Jack being chained to a pole like Crazy Eight and Walt shouting at Skyler with a gun justifying how he had nothing to do with Hank's death and Jesse somehow snorting up the last batch of crystal before having a fistfight with Walt (or in this case an uncontrollable Heisenberg) in the desert to the death.

I also imagine Walt kidnapping Lydia using her as leverage against Todd. Or even Walt threatening to end Brock because Jesse was partly responsible for Hank's death and ruining Walt's idyllic life (or what remains of it) and he could have had with $11m and his son not hating him.

But then again. Alot of the story has to be scrapped... its a shame network executives can't let artists do their work and let the masters of storytelling dictate how high they should jump. Breaking Bad could have carried on a bit longer and build up that fever pitch of anguish and desperation of Season 4.

Not to say that I was a bit disappointed. But there really should have been more of Walt threading down a dark road of well-reasoned hatred and unbridled ambition to reclaim his notoriety as Heisenberg.

But Walt seemed so fizzled and burnt out. If I had the power to change some of the story it would involve Walt going out to kill Ted and his old carwash boss. Y'know, there is really no way back to being the "innocent" guy anymore. No chance of having the luxury of dying in your wife's arms or having a son who looks up to you. It's that the world has been cruel to Walt and why Walt broke bad in the first place.

Here are a few things that kinda pissed me off:
-Walt JUST SO HAPPENED to get hit with a bullet. If he didn't get hit, would he just get taken to jail to rot?
-What happened to Jesse?
-What happened to obviously the best character Heull?
-Did Marie become a crazy cat lady?
-What did Walt Jr. do with the cash?
-Did Walt Jr. ever call Saul?
-WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END

A few things you didn't notice: (I actually saw these somewhere on my phone but forgot the website)
-Walt left his watch at the gas station because he was out of time
-The robot was referenced by Jesse in S2E02 when he said "Are you going to build a robot to save me from the desert?"
-Jack and Hank died the same way
-Everytime Jesse held a gun to Walt, he said "Do it". Only this time did he ask for it.
-(this one is copied straight from the wiki when I looked it up because I didn't remember this one that great) "Felina" is also a combination of three periodic symbols: "Fe," "Li," and "Na." "Fe" is the symbol for iron, the dominant chemical in blood. "Li" is the symbol for lithium, the most common metal used in manufacturing methamphetamine, and "Na" is the symbol for sodium, a major element in human tears
-(This is the only thing I realized myself) Everytime Walt feels he is about to die, he looks at a distorted reflection of him self on something. (That paper towel container or something that he hit and looked into?)
-(This one I don't remember and don't know exactly what to look up to get the whole thing) There were 62 episodes in Breaking Bad, there was something with 62 (an element I'm pretty sure) which they use to treat cancer patients.

Back