Browsers... ._.

that_taco_guy

Ohai.
As you all may know, my internet is absolute sh*t.
But lately, it's been sh*ttier than ever.
Could someone recommend me a good browser that utilizes bandwith to it's full potential?
And Kilobytes count here, people.

This is NOT a browser war page.
I want,
REAL
EFFECTIVE
GOOD
FAST
HARDCORE
FACTS.
NOT A BROWSER WAR.
I just want to see which browser is faster, supported by FACTS.
I've seen that Opera and Chrome are good, and Firefox works good as well, but it's all slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Please help me,
<3,
-Taco

personally, i prefer firefox over chrome, because it tends to load the "meatier" pages faster. sure, chrome can pull up an article faster than any other browser i've ever used, but can it load minecraft as quickly as firefox can? not for me... also, firefox seems well off in the way of security, because it has plenty of built-in security features AND it cooperates with my norton 360, for the ultimate web browsing experience. finally, i like firefox because it's customizable (in looks and in performance), i'm not exactly sure how to optimize firefox for performance but if you search it on google, you'll find some articles related to what i'm talking about... i am firefox 4 life

Chrome loads pages faster, but Firefox is more secure and more customizable. If you need speed, then go for Chrome. It's very minimalist and fast. Autofill web addresses in the URL bar is nice, too.

I'm using Chrome, It's much faster than I expected.
It really utilizes bandwith.
I'm not looking for customization, just SPEEEEED.
<3
"Everything loads so much faster!" -Satisfied Taco
Thanks, though, guys.
:D

And for "Meaty" pages, I don't really have "Meaty" pages that I need to use everyday.
I just use like my Gmail, YouTube, and T9k.
For Minecraft, I just use the downloadable launcher.
:3
:D
EDIT:
Also, Norton 360 is expensive, so I just use free antivirus programs. :D

Chrome is really memory intensive but if you have a decent computer, it may be right for you. I prefer firefox but I have a hoss connection :/

Actually the only features Norton 360 has over internet security is the backup and system optimization feature. You can do both of these features for free without needing the help of Norton. There isn't any point in spending the extra money on 360 but many people do unknowingly thinking it is better.

Honestly AVG free and Malwarebytes has fixed 95 percent of the virus problems I have came across when doing desktop support. The other 5 or so percent I had to remove the files from the registry but that would be the case with norton as well.

Save your money, don't buy norton. :)

I think google chrome has website blacklists, as an added security bonus. I use chrome for everything except for certificate based authorization and browser-specific sites like the t9k map

smh central america
You haven't had the food here.
You'll change your mind then.
*goes and eats some patacones and yuca and all that good stuff*

EDIT:
BTW, Life is cheap here. You can get a weeks groceries for like 20 bucks.
No joke.
And most stuff is really cheap compared to America,
but for the wages, people make just enough to make a living.

oh man well at least it sort of balances itself out... i visited costa rica once, for a week and a half, and i will never forget the food i consumed there. ¿y hablas espanol, verdad?

oh man well at least it sort of balances itself out... i visited costa rica once, for a week and a half, and i will never forget the food i consumed there. ¿y hablas espanol, verdad?
Pues, claro... porque tu crees que yo me movi a Ecuador... Este gringo...

Speak English please /jk. By the way I am trying out Firefox after using Chrome for the longest time. I really like not having to watch ads now every time I want to watch a Youtube video.
Did you try installing adblock plus on chrome?

You prefer firefox, that is all. Some people consider chrome to be more comfortable. You are obviously not too open for discussion so I'll leave you to your opinion.

Back