• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Chiseled/circle/Ozy stone face? griefed?

DOS622

Is it okay to grief stuff made by admins?
Gurw also built a face with a chiseled ("Ozy") stone block for each eye in the Hinterlands, which I thought was cool, but now that's gone too. In this case /prism tells me exactly who did it.

So I still don't know if admins consider it grief or not, so just posting this here:

2014-12-10_20.58.47.png

I had a (public) chat about this a while ago which wasn't consistent with the facts as I recalled them or even reach a conclusion:

konflakes: idk
konflakes: it was in the underground stronghold
konflakes: i assumed it was part of the random generation
DOS622: No, this was on the surface
konflakes: :confused: didnt see no oxystone on the surface
konflakes: the ones i took was in the stronghold
konflakes: like part of one of those chest pedestals
DOS622: I saw one a long time ago, but now it's gone
DOS622: I think someone made a face out of it

I just found an earlier log where I'd used /prism and it showed when the blocks were placed and by whom. I messed up when I copied down the date, but some of the chat is interesting and dates it a bit, since iwang's diamond theft is documented in this forum. If desired I can have another look to find out what the date on the log was.

Code:
[Double-Exp Weekend] Hooray, it's a double exp weekend!
24 hours have passed since your last vote!
iwangw98: heyoo
You have entered the Spawn Zone
DOS622: hey :)
You have left the Spawn Zone.
DOS622: how's it going, have you done any mining yet?
iwangw98: uea
DOS622: got any iron yet?
iwangw98: 22 diamond!!!
DOS622: no way!
You have entered the Spawn Zone
You have left the Spawn Zone.
Prism // Inspection wand enabled.
Prism // --- Inspecting circlestonebrick at -8 74 -581 ---
 + TheGurw placed circlestonebrick 21d14h38m ago (a:place)
 - TheGurw broke grass 21d14h38m ago (a:break)
Prism // --- Inspecting circlestonebrick at -10 74 -581 ---
 + TheGurw placed circlestonebrick 21d14h38m ago (a:place)
 - TheGurw broke grass 21d14h38m ago (a:break)
Prism // --- Inspecting stonebrick at -9 72 -581 ---
 + TheGurw placed stonebrick 21d14h37m ago (a:place)
 - TheGurw broke stone 21d14h37m ago (a:break)
 + TheGurw placed stone 21d14h37m ago (a:place)
 - TheGurw broke dirt 21d14h37m ago (a:break)
Prism // --- Inspecting air at -9 73 -581 ---
 - Darkhorn442700 broke dirt 21d12h53m ago (a:break)

I'd like to understand what happened because this affects the game for me in the following ways:

- I follow the rules of the server and would like others to, too, although I understand the rules might not always be totally clear.

- I trade in chiseled stone, and it is an expensive resource, so I view this as affecting the "economy".

- I live in the area and don't like it looking griefed/having landmarks removed.

Thanks, I guess it was something like that except without the noob tower in front. I re-removed that.

Two extremely rare blocks - I mean if it were two diamond blocks I would say that's less valuable than those two blocks.

Two extremely rare blocks - I mean if it were two diamond blocks I would say that's less valuable than those two blocks.
In the other thread, when I said it was bannable, I was referring to the theft of the Nether Stars.

I built in the Hinterlands. While I expect it to stay from experienced members simply due to my own reputation, we DID vote to make the Hinterlands essentially lawless, and I won't be banning anyone for this.

Also, chiseled stonebrick is NOT that rare.

EDIT: Also, sorry for the late reply. Ukranian Christmas celebrations aren't even over yet.

I built in the Hinterlands. While I expect it to stay from experienced members simply due to my own reputation, we DID vote to make the Hinterlands essentially lawless, and I won't be banning anyone for this.

As far as I'm aware, everyone else who commits offline grief gets banned. Of course, perhaps you were there at the time and konflakes defeated you in PvP and took the blocks. His confusing explanation wasn't at all like that, though.

As far as I'm aware, everyone else who commits offline grief gets banned. Of course, perhaps you were there at the time and konflakes defeated you in PvP and took the blocks. His confusing explanation wasn't at all like that, though.
I was likely online at that time. That was during my extremely active period.

Back