Coconuts abroad

Casham

Ohai everyone,

As some of you might know I will be travelling to Boston in a few days and on the way back to Australia I will be staying in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo for 3 days (I arrive in the afternoon on the Wednesday and leave on the Friday in the afternoon)

18284466.jpg

shinjuku%20photowalk%20lights.jpg

Shinjuku-Tokyo-Japan-Tourist-Map.gif

My question/s to y'all is: What shall I do? What shall I see? What shall I eat? What shall I buy to bring home as a souvenir? Does Godzilla really exist?

Leave your thoughts and suggestions in regards to ideas on what I should do while in Tokyo.
(Insight from Ex-pats, Tourists and those of you who live there would be very valuable to me.)

And please remember that this is the Mature section of the forum, so I am looking for serious answers.

caekjapanese.jpg

You have fun ok?
First of all, you must try the food. Japanese food is the best man, it's the 1st most popular food in Hong Kong here.
The ones I recommend: Salmon Maki, Eel Hand Roll, California Roll (though it isn't a real sushi)
Secondly, if you like electronics and stuff, you must go and see the town center in Tokyo, it is magnificent and fascinating.
I would elaborate more but I gtg.
Lastly if you are feeling derpy go to Tokyo Disneyland.
:D

It looks like you are in the skyscraper district, but I haven't been to japan so, here is what I found.

Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
garden.JPG

Shinjuku-sanchome red light district? I would just wander for an hour or two.
Shinjuku-Neon-lights.jpg

Hanazono Shrine
hanazono_shrine_omatsuri (1).jpg

as for tokyo I found
Meiji Jingu Shrine
Japan+Meiji+Jingu+Shrine.jpg

Sensoji Temple
asakusa-sensoji-temple.jpg

Kyokyo imperial palace
kyokyo.JPG

also something about a Tsukiji Central Fish Market
there is so much stuff it's a bit overwhelming to sort through, personally for a day
I would try to go to kyoto but it looks like a 3 hour trip from tokyo with their trains.
Of course you are in tokyo, I would just wander around a lot, you are bound to find
cool stuff every two seconds.

There's alot of loli/shota stuff lying around in Japan.

Also, sake comes in cardboard cartons.

Capsule hotels?

That's a scavenger hunt right there.

Back