• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Counter Strike: Source

TheXraptor

Alright, I have a question, and I have no idea where else to put this:

Is Counter Strike: Source a good game? A lot of people tell me it is good, however, my little brother, Shooterty, says it is one of the worst games he has ever played. After playing only a few matches on Shooter's computer, I was unable to find a non-modded server to play on, and could not pass judgement for the game.

CS: S is a staple of FPS gaming. To call it "bad" would be an insult to the 40,000+ players on Steam playing the game right now. Counterstrike basically gave birth to the FPS community. It's probably the most pure example of FPS PC gaming I can give. It's up there with the likes of Halo: CE, or Quake. The skill in the game is so much higher in games such as COD, or any typical arcade FPS.

Just get it, it's a good game.

Counter Strike is the grandfather of FPSs. It has a high learning curve, but it is fun, and is one of the most acclaimed games ever created. The fact that it is still $20 after it's initial release about 8yrs ago should be good enough of an indicator for you.

I'd say get it, your little brother knows nothing about it...
as creeper said CS: S is a staple of fps gaming, it's a game that actually takes skill to bee god at not just a happy trigger finger, from learning to be fast at buying the weapons at the beggining of the round, to mastering the control of the recoil, and then there's the "AWP" yes sure, you can kill people with one shot when you have it, but unless you've learned how to use it properly, you're the easiest target out there :3
so anyways, get the game, and enjoy :3 hell if i do get a cpu upgrade i might teach you a thing or two x3

Just so you know, CS:GO will be released in the near future (it's almost in open beta already), so you might want to hold off on CS: S for the time being. If you want to get into the series, I would suggest picking up a cheap copy of CS 1.6 to tide you off until GO is released.

After further playing it, I enjoy the game quite a bit.

Though I won't be getting Source, I will be getting Global Offensive for sure.

Back