Cube World, the 20% cooler Minecraft.

I'm pretty sure she means she can't get it for free anymore.
Yes this is correct. I was attempting a really lame pun and it fell short. :p

I'm not saying Windows 7 is irrelevent or bad, in fact I've heard quite a few negative things about Windows 8 and that Windows 7 is pretty good. I just can't get it for free ("Free" being subjective, seeing how I'm paying out the nose for tuition) anymore, haha. The university probably will sell is cheap so if I find the Windows 8 on my laptop dis-satisfying or unusable, then I'll get Windows 7.

In other news:
Server is now on a 3 hour restart mode; 12AM, 3AM, 6AM, 9AM cont. on a CST time schedule (convert to your local time.)
For those who know the DNS name instead of "no-ip" use "servebeer" as it has been revised.
Player limit has been maxed out at 10 currently due to massive CPU leakage with the non-optimized software they have out currently, will increase limit when this is fixed.

~Bored

I changed the ingame boat model to a model of the KIng of Red Lions I created >w<
tumblr_mqubcdEkzC1ri9kyzo1_500.png

tumblr_mqubcdEkzC1ri9kyzo2_500.png

tumblr_mqubcdEkzC1ri9kyzo3_500.png

I had that problem, until I realized I didn't have Direct X installed. The newest "Runtime" one or whatever. The one in the link is the one I used though, so I don't know what to tell you. :( Perhaps, if you have the 11th Direct X, you may need to downgrade to an older version? I am not sure.

Also, I've been dinking around with the model editor some more to turn one of my pets into a hot dog :D

Also, I've been dinking around with the model editor some more to turn one of my pets into a hot dog :D
is this model editor accessible via a separate program you found? because now you have my attention.
EDT: ohsweeet, found the link in the Youtube video page x3

is this model editor accessible via a separate program you found? because now you have my attention.
EDT: ohsweeet, found the link in the Youtube video page x3
I can give you the hotdog files, but it will overwrite every single bark beetle. Which means you might find a pack of roaming hotdogs in your travels.

Also if you use that program, you need to launch the game through cube.exe and not the usual launcher, because the launcher downloads the original models from the webs and overwrites any changes you make. That being said, you should save your models under a different name in case you want to switch them out. XD

Do you guys think Cube World has a good amount of replayability? (Meaning you can always find some sort of way to entertain yourself, similar to sandbox games) I'm well aware thst Cube World is an RPG, but do you see yourself hitting an "endgame?"

Do you guys think Cube World has a good amount of replayability? (Meaning you can always find some sort of way to entertain yourself, similar to sandbox games) I'm well aware thst Cube World is an RPG, but do you see yourself hitting an "endgame?"
Currently the game is in alpha which gives it much room for growth and improvement, the fundamentals of the game are what we basically have right now. I'm sure there will be some sort of 'endgame' scenario/dungeon/boss that would be the climax of the adventure at some point later in the development.

~Bored

Currently the game is in alpha which gives it much room for growth and improvement, the fundamentals of the game are what we basically have right now. I'm sure there will be some sort of 'endgame' scenario/dungeon/boss that would be the climax of the adventure at some point later in the development.

~Bored
Thanks, but I was talking more along the lines of how long you think the game will last. By endgame, I meant nothing entertaining left to do. Do you see yourself eventually leveling up to the point where you can defeat anything easily, or will there always be some sort of challenge and a degree of excitement?

I've finally gotten to a point high enough to stand inside a cloud. :D
cLOUD_zpsae729a01.png

EDIT: Also I found a house that generated wrong and the doors were way out of any villager's reach
NinjaHouse_zpsee899f9f.png

EDIT2: I turned one of my pets into the Winged Star from Kirby Air Ride.
tumblr_mqxo1mN7Om1ri9kyzo1_400.png

tumblr_mqxo1mN7Om1ri9kyzo2_500.png

tumblr_mqxo1mN7Om1ri9kyzo3_500.png

tumblr_mqxo1mN7Om1ri9kyzo4_400.jpg

images

EDIT: Decided to go full-on Kirby

Sorry to revive this since I was the last person to post but I figured why not?
Because I was going to do this eventually, given my reputation to make myself look like Quote from Cave Story:
tumblr_mrrazxbW9K1ri9kyzo1_400.png

tumblr_mrrazxbW9K1ri9kyzo2_500.png

tumblr_mrrazxbW9K1ri9kyzo3_500.png

tumblr_mrrazxbW9K1ri9kyzo4_400.jpg

I also changed the crossbow into the Polar Star gun from Cave Story as well and the arrows into the Polar Star shot :confused:

The design for the gun came from this picture, though the gun is a bit long
1.jpg

EDIT: Shortened the gun and changed the positon (where it's being held)
CubeWorldGunFixed_zps8e64def4.png

Now that its a year later, I have a laptop than can play it and the game has gone through several updates (latest being May 9 2014). Should I get it or is it not worth it anymore?

Now that its a year later, I have a laptop than can play it and the game has gone through several updates (latest being May 9 2014). Should I get it or is it not worth it anymore?

Where do you get the idea that it was updated on the 9th of may this year? I just opened the game and it says it's up to date, the last update was almost a year ago.

Back