• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

denied: text message too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
;( :thumbsdown: At the moment I'm sitting in minor by myself because there is no point moving elsewhere @_o

Apparently you fail to see the reality of the situation, which is that you apparently weren't using mumble for voice. If the only reason you were on Mumble was for the text chat ---- perhaps you don't need to have mumble open at all? :p

(side note, type "alert" in team9000 chat to turn on a sound notification so you can tell when things are said)

Apparently you fail to see the reality of the situation, which is that you apparently weren't using mumble for voice. If the only reason you were on Mumble was for the text chat ---- perhaps you don't need to have mumble open at all? :p
I was using it for voice but I'm still a few months off 18 so I can't talk anywhere unlike some exceptions that have been unmuted or get away with lying about their age. My problem is that I can't as conveniently communicate with the others in the game rooms now unless they are on the chat server and are actually paying attention to it.

Wooty said:

So, text chat is gone? My mic just broke, and I have no other way to communicate until I get a new one. Having a separate window open just for text chat seems silly to me. All I see is that you disabled text chat because mumble is focused at voice.

I really hate this, I mean a lot of good times happened on mumble by people being in the chat. I did not really see any problem with it, and I mean if it was because people kept spamming or ticked someone off its a simple problem to fix, not remove chat. Also it is hard to have a direct conversation with anybody now knowing I cant get there attention, and the odds the person Im trying to get his or her attention probably is not looking at the chat, and if that person is it seems like that is just to much a hassle to simply get them on mumble or in another room to talk. Look what im saying is this is a really bad idea, why not make certain rooms in mumble where chat is disable and certain rooms where they are enabled. Like make 1 or 2 rooms in Game room that have text chat and the rest are disabled, and same for minor inconvenience , I mean I really enjoy mumble a lot more then a chat room. :\
Please woot do something other then having chat only in this chat room. :(

I really hate this, I mean a lot of good times happened on mumble by people being in the chat. I did not really see any problem with it, and I mean if it was because people kept spamming or ticked someone off its a simple problem to fix, not remove chat. Also it is hard to have a direct conversation with anybody now knowing I cant get there attention, and the odds the person Im trying to get his or her attention probably is not looking at the chat, and if that person is it seems like that is just to much a hassle to simply get them on mumble or in another room to talk. Look what im saying is this is a really bad idea, why not make certain rooms in mumble where chat is disable and certain rooms where they are enabled. Like make 1 or 2 rooms in Game room that have text chat and the rest are disabled, and same for minor inconvenience , I mean I really enjoy mumble a lot more then a chat room. :\
Please woot do something other then having chat only in this chat room. :(

You're not even in chat >_>

I heard that it was something to do with the community becoming diverse/mumble lagging because of chat spam/etc, Regardless of the matter of why it was changed I believe it wasn't a great change, quite the opposite in fact. If you look at the inconvenience it causes to members of the community not having access to a microphone and those who are minors but can't have a conversation with a member in one of the 18+ lobbies due to them not paying attention to the chat or not being able to connect to the chat at all is quite frankly idiotic.

My personal opinions don't matter because it's not like they're going to change the decision made but the change in chat splits up members of the community more than it does in the current mumble phase of minor and 18+. It also may create more diversity but the diversity it creates is negative and isn't beneficial to a range of members of the community if you look at it in comparison to the "brony" craze.

My suggestion would to allow mumble chat to be reinstated, due to the flaws that come with mumble far outweigh the flaws that come with the chat tab on the website and that it is causing more discontent and "issues" with "certain" members of the community which is quite sad.

Well that's my 2 cents.

unless they are on the chat server and are actually paying attention to it.

This is a good point...not all of us pay attention to the chat server all the time and so this will make it hard for minors to get a message through to non-minors.

This is a good point...not all of us pay attention to the chat server all the time and so this will make it hard for minors to get a message through to non-minors.
And not everyone will want to have alerts enabled on the chat server either. I've also learned people are lagging while they have the chat open and for me it constantly reconnects.

And not everyone will want to have alerts enabled on the chat server either. I've also learned people are lagging while they have the chat open and for me it constantly reconnects.

Yeah...I keep alerts off...it gets distracting and annoying after a little while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back