Discussion thread about T9k's future

Ekgladiator

Alright so by now a decent chunk on people have read my blog and know my feelings about T9k in general. In response to that blog I have decided to make a discussion thread where we can talk about what has happened, what is currently happening, and what will happen in the future. This thread is also here to suggest ideas and cool things for T9k to do in order to get back into the spotlight.

Rules: lets try to be civil about this, we don't need witch hunting or flaming. I want fantastic ideas and discussion so that Mr. Snesalyzer (aka wootybooty or Wooty) and the community can bond over a common goal of self-betterness.

I can update the Op with current ideas so you can see what is discussed and in general I think a ongoing discussion would be the best place to have this convo since we only do community meetings once in a blue moon

Links to fantastic ideas:
Jersey's thoughts
Jersey's second Idea
Dagamers' front page change

Links to discussion:
Kris19642's comment
Newspaper crane's thoughts
Nicky's feelings

Plan/ goals for T9k: (TBD and Edited)
  • Figure out what is causing our current issues
  • Develop a plan for the near and far future
  • Redefine the goals for T9k
  • Redefine the look for T9k
  • Develop strategies to gain and retain members
  • Reunite the community and stop fragmentation

Alright just tell me if there is anything else I need to clarify and or add to the op and with that being said let the discussion begin!

I'm assuming that when you said, "what has happened, what is currently happening, and what will happen in the future." you are talking about what happened to the community and why it's like the way that it is today. Am I correct about that assumption? If so, then I believe that we all can agree on the fact that Minecraft was what kept this community afloat, or at least it did in my opinion. When Mojang decided to make Minecraft Classic more difficult to get to, the Classic server started to have less traffic and with less traffic, less people coming to T9K. Eventually, traffic seized up, which then made the server pointless for Woot to continue using his resources to run. So he shut it down. I know with Minecraft Classic's death, it wasn't the only reason that started this ongoing trend this community is facing, but it was one of the main ones. It sucks that this community is where it is right now and I want and hope things to change, for the better.

My PC is dead so I am using the shitty internet browser on my PS3 to post on here. Because of that, I am limited to how much I can type per reply or comment or what not.

Anyways, I am glad you are bringing this major issue to attention and I hope we, as a community, can resolve this current issue we are facing and give this community a fresh start for a better future and to keep this community alive. This community is a awesome community and one of, if not, the best I have ever been a part of. It doesn't need to fade away and die like in direction it is heading towards right now. It isn't to late to save T9K. We all need to come together as a community and work to save this community as a community!

(Insert Epic Music Here) We Need To Unite Against Our common Foe That Is Time. Only Together Will We Prevail!

I've already posted a long winded response on the blog.

So TL;DR:

• CONSISTENT and RELEVANT Twitch.tv streaming either on Official or Community Team9000 channel
  • Reface of the front page. More inviting and showing off current games/launch
  • Make launch and mumble front and center features of our site
  • Reorganization of the forums. MC classic no longer needs a subforum. To keep fragmentation down, it should be PC Games; Console Games; Handheld Games; Mobile Games

Those are my initial thoughts. These are also my OPINIONS, keep that in mind.

I've already posted a long winded response on the blog.

So TL;DR:

• CONSISTENT and RELEVANT Twitch.tv streaming either on Official or Community Team9000 channel
  • Reface of the front page. More inviting and showing off current games/launch
  • Make launch and mumble front and center features of our site
  • Reorganization of the forums. MC classic no longer needs a subforum. To keep fragmentation down, it should be PC Games; Console Games; Handheld Games; Mobile Games

Those are my initial thoughts. These are also my OPINIONS, keep that in mind.

I like all of these ideas, except for (and I may be misinterpreting this) the "it should be PC Games; Console Games; Handheld Games; Mobile Games". You said to keep fragmentation down, but then split up where game discussions for certain platforms go? I'm not quite sure I understand.

I like all of these ideas, except for (and I may be misinterpreting this) the "it should be PC Games; Console Games; Handheld Games; Mobile Games". You said to keep fragmentation down, but then split up where game discussions for certain platforms go? I'm not quite sure I understand.

PC gamers may or may not want to roll through console discussion. So the forum layout could be:

Games [Forum]
  • PC Games [Subforum]
  • Console Games [Subforum]
  • Handheld Games [Subforum]
  • Mobile Games [Subforum]

The fragmentation I mean is: (sorry it doesn't keep formatting)

Games
PC Games
Console Games
XBox
Playstation
Nintendo
Handheld Games
Nintendo
Sony
Mobile Games
Android
iOS

So on and so forth. You could even combine Handheld and Mobile perhaps. Just ideas. Maybe it won't work. The nice thing is it can all be moved around at will.

I understand that Minecraft is only one side of Team9000 that, to be fair, many people are tired of. Regardless, on our end, would renders/screenshots of player-created content help with advertising? Maybe post the Team9000 website/Mumble url in-game once an hour (disabled person-to-person via a command)?

I'm bored, so here:

gHVmWQm.jpg

Now with mumble and irc:
PVmShfy.jpg

Less colorful:
ZDXeKhC.jpg

well, the site is due for another Community meeting, and seeing as Bored is retiring from his volunteered time with Game Nights organizing, some thoughts from Mein Fuhrer Sneaselyzer would be awesome on if he has any ideas/plans to implement.

215.png

because a shiny Sneasel was what "Mr. Snesalyzer" gave me an image of.

well, the site is due for another Community meeting, and seeing as Bored is retiring from his volunteered time with Game Nights organizing, some thoughts from Mein Fuhrer Sneaselyzer would be awesome on if he has any ideas/plans to implement.

215.png

because a shiny Sneasel was what "Mr. Snesalyzer" gave me an image of.

With his new work at Indeed, I doubt he will have time to do things.

Here are my short thoughts:

I think we're expecting too much out of Wooty, as he has given the community the platforms and resources, as well as very liberal rules for us to use to make the community what we want it to be.

Wooty has done a lot, and is working hard, so I think we as members should step up to the plate.

That being said, I'd also like to see some long standing members with the ability to change things such as the homepage, or something. That way people with more time on their hands than Wooty has have the ability to spice things up.

I like the idea of Twitch live streams, there are many members that could partake in this. There is the ability to make groups on twitch. We could make a team9000 group, and have each individual member specialize in a game. I could do Osu for instance.

Basically we just need to put ourselves out there more. Wooty has given us every opportunity and resource to do so.

I think we should at least start with something like doing Twitch streams and if members are totally up for it, revive the Youtube channel and make a bit of a rad series of different play-throughs of games. Already one person comes to mind when thinking of people who'd totally do it, and is in fact already doing so c:. It'd definitely make for an entertaining thing to watch and do.

Besides what's already been said, I've got nothin'.
+1 for T9K Solar Calculator.

Back