DIY Repair Consoles, Computers and etc Thread

To my understanding Xboxes have the disk drives paired with the motherboards. Replacing them requires more than just dropping in a new drive, even if it is from an Xbox.
i'm read something like that, but while looking for fixes, i've found numerous completely different ways of action. I was just wondering maybe someone here actually knows how to deal with this properly, so i don't just end up wasting my time...

there is software you can get to read the HD key. you have to download it to a memory card. then upload to xbox. then you have to find the xbox OS online somewhere and format the HD. the you have to pray you did it right.
or you can just go to ebay and buy a xbox.

i'm read something like that, but while looking for fixes, i've found numerous completely different ways of action. I was just wondering maybe someone here actually knows how to deal with this properly, so i don't just end up wasting my time...
I was reading a little bit more about your problem. Apparently reading game disks as DVDs is what it does when the DVD drive isn't paired with the motherboard. Did you buy it used perhaps?

I was reading a little bit more about your problem. Apparently reading game disks as DVDs is what it does when the DVD drive isn't paired with the motherboard. Did you buy it used perhaps?
yes, i bought it used. I kind of expected it to not work but yeah, it would be neat to fix it up...

Hey guys, i just bought from a pawn shop a ps3 fat 60, works great only thing is, the disc dont read nothing, i got a spare PS3 fat but its a 40 gb one, will it work if i put that one in the 60gb?

I may be misunderstanding.. You have the 40 GB PS3 that works? and a 60 GB PS3 that doesn't but, you want the extra storage?

If that's the case just switch the hard drives. I haven't worked on any of the fat consoles but in the slims the hard drives are replaceable. Hope this helps :D Also if you can do that you might want to look into buying like a 320 GB laptop hard drive. The extra space is great!

How to fix a dell
apply hammer and apply drill press to the touch pad
asGgnh6.jpg

msOqZqF.jpg

yes, i bought it used. I kind of expected it to not work but yeah, it would be neat to fix it up...

I used to mod/replace XBox 360 drives. It's not plug and play. They have serials matched to the machine. There are several methods for extracting this key, however 99% of the methods involve using an extractor tool. It's been a very long time and I still possess one of the older tools.

To be honest, the money you would spend on getting the key, you could get a used XBox somewhere. Maybe someone in your area does this as a service. Otherwise, you have a giant white (or black) DVD player.

If you are that determined, you can tell me the model of your dvd drive and I can gather the info for you.

I may be misunderstanding.. You have the 40 GB PS3 that works? and a 60 GB PS3 that doesn't but, you want the extra storage?

If that's the case just switch the hard drives. I haven't worked on any of the fat consoles but in the slims the hard drives are replaceable. Hope this helps :D Also if you can do that you might want to look into buying like a 320 GB laptop hard drive. The extra space is great!

disc drive doesn't work on the 60g but i have a broken 40g and i want to know if i can use the 40g to the 60g ps3 fat not the HD

disc drive doesn't work on the 60g but i have a broken 40g and i want to know if i can use the 40g to the 60g ps3 fat not the HD

I found it, I have to look at the model number of the disc drive. it seems that i need to buy a 20g model disc drive or 80 and 60g. how funny that the 40g won't work oh well v( ‘.’ )v

Back