EA is the new publisher for Star Wars games

Yeah, this fits right into my theory that the Disney execs are quietly being paid off by CBS and Paramount to kill the Star Wars franchise. Severely fucking up is EA's new business model.

EA will have to fuck up SEVERELY to screw this up.
Challenge accepted. It'd be a real shame if we were to f'up launch day with a lack of server availability since we're gonna require a 24x7 connection for you to play.

Ohhhh, you wanted to play single-player only? That'll cost you extra. . .

The world would be a better place if EA didn't exist.

It's going to suck watching Star Wars get butchered by my least favourite company in the industry.

EA:
-Buys and guts companies.
-Supports the worst business practices in the industry. (In app purchases, etc.)
-Has a crappy DRM that locks you out of your games if you get banned on a damn forum.
-Rehashes IPs and ruins them, tainting every installment after it.
-Has massive expenses with small profits.
-Shuts down servers way too early to sucker people into buying the next sequel with marginal improvements.
-Has online passes so people that buy second hand get screwed over and miss out on content that the game should be shipped with.
-Has day-one DLC.
-Makes games incredibly easy, but I guess everyone does this now.
-Multi-player only games that should include single player in the first place.

I understand that EA is a cooperation and their main goal is to make money, but some of this stuff is just a joke. I don't care if you want to make money, just don't repeatedly stab your customers in the back. I just want to play a full fledged game. Not an iPhone game filled with random cash grabs.

/rant

I am cautiously optimistic. I'm glad that Disney is giving rights to the content to another publisher. I wish the publisher wasn't EA, BUT, EA is giving their best developers a shot at making some games. With a change in leadership in the company (EA), I would hope that there would be a change (even if slight) in the attitude EA has towards game development. I think a Staw Wars: Battlefront gme that plays much like Battlefield would be awesome. Bioware continuing the KOTOR series (and maybe even making a Bounty Hunter game or two) is a good idea since they've done pretty well so far.

I can understand everyone's disdain towards anything EA, but they're here to stay unless we just stop buying their games. I'm pretty sure we're (all) not going to do that.

ammPnng.jpg

What I like about this is, EA is now entering a whole new dimension. If EA fucks this up, they will have a VERY angry mob of people kicking down the doors.

We'll just have to wait and see. Not everything EA pumps out is terrible.

Back