• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Garrys mod sandbox

Sandbox is very prone to eating system resources. It is unlikely to ever be available on launch for that reason.

sandbox sandbox sandbox SANDBOX PLEASE!!!!!
ht_BuildaSandbox_hero_image.jpg

Constructed one of those bad boys for my nephew. Sad enough to say he didn't like it.

I could've sworn the United States Literacy rate was above 90%.

He didn't say, "If there is enough demand for it, we'll consider enabling Sandbox gamemode."

He said, "Sandbox is very prone to eating system resources. It is unlikely to ever be available on launch for that reason."

No matter how much demand there is for Sandbox, it costs money to obtain sufficient resources to host it, and even if current resources are sufficient, it's slow down and/or make other servers impossible.

There is no further reason to reply to this thread, if something comes up to make this possible, I'm sure Wooty would notify the community.

As of now, his last words on the matter stand, and no amount of necroing this thread is going to change that.

Heck, if I were him, I'd be even less predisposed to enabling Sandbox mode.

Just sit tight, and if something happens, good for you guys, just know it's unlikely and move along.

"Sandbox is very prone to eating system resources. It is unlikely to ever be available on launch for that reason. - Wooty"

Just imagine 10 sandbox servers up and 5 of em probably have people spawning thousands of npcs while another few of them people start spawning tons of giant props... We really need a FAQ section in H1 on the Launch page. :D

"Sandbox is very prone to eating system resources. It is unlikely to ever be available on launch for that reason. - Wooty"

Just imagine 10 sandbox servers up and 5 of em probably have people spawning thousands of npcs while another few of them people start spawning tons of giant props... We really need a FAQ section in H1 on the Launch page. :D
Look through this thread, and tell me if you think an FAQ section will stop these people. :/

Back