General Anime Discussion Thread

amaterasu

This thread does not relate to any specific anime, although there are some others that you can refer to for that.

This thread is to discuss about any anime in general. Nothing specific. Please keep it clean.

Welp, why don't I kick off this thread with where I am in the current anime I'm watching...
tumblr_lom8j19rQL1qkgxxxo1_500.gif

Hey, do you know any good anime/manga to watch/read? I've been only stuck with two, and I've been reminiscing over one.

Which two are you talking abouit? It'd be silly to recommend a couple and they're the ones you've already seen. Also, is there a particular genre/theme that you like in your anime (i.e. mecha, ecchi, fan service, tons of gore, comedy, drama)?

Naruto and Metal Fight Zero-G Beyblade (don't ask why). I've been reminiscing over Konjiki No Gash Bell mainly because of the ending to the manga (it's so sad ;(). Maybe I'll lean toward the comedy and drama side, possibly a bit of mecha.

Naruto and Metal Fight Zero-G Beyblade (don't ask why). I've been reminiscing over Konjiki No Gash Bell mainly because of the ending to the manga (it's so sad ;(). Maybe I'll lean toward the comedy and drama side, possibly a bit of mecha.

As far as mecha:I personally enjoy Gundam: The 08th MS Team. It's one of many Gundam shows, but it seems more "realistic" compared to the others. Another good one that incorporates some mecha is Fullmetal Panic! There is also Fullmetal Panic: FUMOFFU, which is a comedy, and I thought was hilarious.

As far as mecha:I personally enjoy Gundam: The 08th MS Team. It's one of many Gundam shows, but it seems more "realistic" compared to the others. Another good one that incorporates some mecha is Fullmetal Panic! There is also Fullmetal Panic: FUMOFFU, which is a comedy, and I thought was hilarious.
Fullmetal Panic is good; I was thinking of re-watching it soon actually :).

Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann or Gurren Lagann, if you prefer, is also an amazing mech anime and a comedy. The best part of is it's by Gainax, so expect a life-changing experience straight from episode 1, yeah, it's that great.

You could also try out Fooly Cooly, another one of my personal favorites. Also produced by Gainax and with Production I.G. Honestly, there was a point and time in my life where almost daily I would watch it all the way through (it's only 6 episodes) because it's that amazing.

So, in conclusion, both are mechas and comedies, and anyone who has never seen these two masterpieces are missing out terribly.

Welp, why don't I kick off this thread with where I am in the current anime I'm watching...
View attachment 132116
I'm also currently watching FMA.
FullMetal Alchemist, that really is a sad scene. I heard that FA:Brotherhood is better because it more closely follows the manga. I tried watching that one but I couldn't stand Al's voice.
FMA: Brotherhood is a higher quality anime. It's in HD and it follows the manga closely.

Were you watching the English version, when you were referring to Al's voice? I hate Edward's voice in the dub. But then again, I tend to dislike most dubs.

I'm also currently watching FMA.

FMA: Brotherhood is a higher quality anime. It's in HD and it follows the manga closely.

Were you watching the English version, when you were referring to Al's voice? I hate Edward's voice in the dub. But then again, I tend to dislike most dubs.

Yeah, the English dubs. I could rent/buy the DVDs and watch them subbed, I tend to prefer animes subbed over dubbed anyways. I think there's extra grunts and groans (WHICH ARE ANNOYING) that are included in subbed animes compared to their original audio. The few exceptions where I enjoy the dubbed over the subbed was Azumanga Daioh and Fullmetal Panic.

Yeah, the English dubs. I could rent/buy the DVDs and watch them subbed, I tend to prefer animes subbed over dubbed anyways. I think there's extra grunts and groans (WHICH ARE ANNOYING) that are included in subbed animes compared to their original audio. The few exceptions where I enjoy the dubbed over the subbed was Azumanga Daioh and Fullmetal Panic.
Yup. The subs for Brotherhood are waaaay better.

Yup. The subs for Brotherhood are waaaay better.

Creeper is right here.

I'd suggest watching Gurren Lagan, Fate Stay Night/Zero, Sword Art Online (The anime envoked more emotion out of me than the light novel at the emotional parts), One Piece is good as well (Just skip the fillers) and fairy tail is meh (Ravemaster is better imo). Manga wise I'd go for any of the top 10 on mangafox.

Also a side note I'd suggest watching Code Geass, it's probably one of the best anime's created (It has mechs in it as well).

I've noticed how anime movies are no longer at a height. I re-watched Spirited Away over and over again. It was so sad. I also watched Howl's Moving Castle and a bunch of others, my favorite being Summer Wars.

As much as I want to avoid sounding like hipster scum, most of what has been mentioned are pretty damn mainstream. Especially Narutard.
And moving on, I hereby present a list of anime that I have watched:
1-png.107303
url]
2-png.107304

3-png.107305
4-png.107306

Yes, these are all linked from my first post in my thread. I'm suggesting ALL of them. In addition, I also reccommend the following which are relatively new and not listed in the above pictures:

Blood-C
Hyouka
Accel World
Kami no Puzzle

I'd suggest watching Gurren Lagan, Fate Stay Night/Zero, Sword Art Online (The anime envoked more emotion out of me than the light novel at the emotional parts), One Piece is good as well (Just skip the fillers) and fairy tail is meh (Ravemaster is better imo). Manga wise I'd go for any of the top 10 on mangafox.

Also a side note I'd suggest watching Code Geass, it's probably one of the best anime's created (It has mechs in it as well).
This guy knows what he's talking about. Watch the ones he mentioned. Especially the Fate ones. Look at my display pic. It's from Fate.

Priority List:

1) Fate/Stay Night
2) Fate/Zero
3) Code Geass (Both Season 1 and 2)
4) TTGL (Gurren Lagen should suffice here)
5) Bakemonogatari (Loosely translates to "Monster Stories")
6) Clannad (Also both seasons. And be sure to weep whilst watching.)
7) To Aru Majutsu no Index (English translation: "A Certain Magical Index")
8) NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion. Far from a simple show, it fucks with your mind. Prepare your body.)
9) Full Metal Panic (This and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu. Fumoffu is for teh lulz. You WILL laugh.)
10) Hayate no Gotoku (idk it haz like 50~ish? episodes in the first season. Watch both seasons.)

These are the top ten I suggest. There's a mix of senseless humour, psychological stimuli, emotional, and well-thought out anime in there.

P.S. Though I may not have mentioned the popular FMA series in my list, it ranks pretty high on the list. Probably an 11.
(Heh, thats a pun btw, if you get it.)

As much as I want to avoid sounding like hipster scum, most of what has been mentioned are pretty damn mainstream. Especially Narutard.
And moving on, I hereby present a list of anime that I have watched:
1-png.107303
url]
2-png.107304

3-png.107305
4-png.107306

Yes, these are all linked from my first post in my thread. I'm suggesting ALL of them. In addition, I also reccommend the following which are relatively new and not listed in the above pictures:

Blood-C
Hyouka
Accel World
Kami no Puzzle

This guy knows what he's talking about. Watch the ones he mentioned. Especially the Fate ones. Look at my display pic. It's from Fate.

Priority List:

1) Fate/Stay Night
2) Fate/Zero
3) Code Geass (Both Season 1 and 2)
4) TTGL (Gurren Lagen should suffice here)
5) Bakemonogatari (Loosely translates to "Monster Stories")
6) Clannad (Also both seasons. And be sure to weep whilst watching.)
7) To Aru Majutsu no Index (English translation: "A Certain Magical Index")
8) NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion. Far from a simple show, it fucks with your mind. Prepare your body.)
9) Full Metal Panic (This and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu. Fumoffu is for teh lulz. You WILL laugh.)
10) Hayate no Gotoku (idk it haz like 50~ish? episodes in the first season. Watch both seasons.)

These are the top ten I suggest. There's a mix of senseless humour, psychological stimuli, emotional, and well-thought out anime in there.

P.S. Though I may not have mentioned the popular FMA series in my list, it ranks pretty high on the list. Probably an 11.
(Heh, thats a pun btw, if you get it.)
I can always count on you to bring in good taste when it comes to anime. Good man.
Creeper is right here.
Sword Art Online (The anime envoked more emotion out of me than the light novel at the emotional parts),).
The last episode when they were in Aincrad made me tear up. ;~;

Back