Gimp vs. Photoshop

Kurtis

Is there any real difference between the two vs. price and name, or can they both do pretty much the same thing?

Photoshop has a lot more functions, options and features but most of them you could probably live without like photography-related tools. Some find it easier to use. Also, it's the god of brushes.

Does Gimp have retouching tools for real life photo's of people, or tools similar to burn/dodge?

I love the dodge/burn tool on Gimp so much...
That tool was one of the reasons this drawing didn't turn out to be shit:
luna__s_darkest_nightmare_by_brony2you-d4qbijp.png

Yeah, I love Gimp.

Also, you can always download and create more brushes. Deviantart is an excellent located for thousands of brushes.

You could always download the demo for photoshop and compare them yourself, it's the full program but on a time limit, so you'll be able to decide if it has enough reasons to warrant a purchase or something.

You could always download the demo for photoshop and compare them yourself, it's the full program but on a time limit, so you'll be able to decide if it has enough reasons to warrant a purchase or something.

I've already used the Photoshop demo and I know I love it. I was just wondering if Gimp could give me the same features for free. :p
I downloaded it but still have to test it out which I will be doing soon.

I've already used the Photoshop demo and I know I love it. I was just wondering if Gimp could give me the same features for free. :p
I downloaded it but still have to test it out which I will be doing soon.
Gimp dosen't have as many features, but it has pretty anything you will ever need.

Back