• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Grand Masterrace Battlestation, Part 1: No case? No problem.

Creeper

So yesterday, I received a strange package in the mail sent by no other than Newegg.

Upon further inspection, it became apparent that it was indeed the Grand Masterrace Battlestation™ I had ordered in the mail.

I danced around like a small child exposed to unhealthy amounts of weed and unrustled jimmies, and then made this awesome photo album.

VERY NICE!

borat.jpg

I did the very same thing. The case never seems to arrive with everything else. So just make a messy bench setup because we are too anxious to wait :) Nice build.

@Jerzey Thanks man! I've been waiting forever to build a nice computer. I can't stay on this 8800GTS any longer. The case is arriving on Monday though, can't wait for it to put it to use.

woo! I have the H100 too and the vengeance RAM as well :D
Is that a force series 3 SSD? if so, i have one in 120gb :D

I wish I could have a computer build like that......I'm stuck with this laptop for a while though :(

hmm.. i also have the same HDD! :O
got the same RAM too.. and is it just me, or is that 670 cheaply packed compared to the 680?

@RemOfShadows About $1800USD. This was a really high end build though, most people don't pay as much.

oh wow... well i wont be spending 1800 that's for sure ;D
altho.... that's roughly 900LS .... i might spend that ;D

My build was about $1720. So this sounds right. That new fancy GTX 670 and Monitor sent it up. However you did get a good deal I guess. I have two 560Ti 448s, 2 SSDs, and an i7, so perhaps some things could have been trimmed to save money for other things.

@Jerzey I'm pretty happy with what I got. I was aiming for a 7850 originally but I bumped it up to a 670 after seeing how well it performed compared a to 680 but $100 less. I'll run 3DMark in a bit and show you the scores.

Back