• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Graphics Card

Nikki

Current : Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
New : ATI Radeon 9600XT AGP

Anyoen know which one is betteR? I think the radeon ^^ <3

i have an ATI too, im not sure if its radeon or not.

mine works great, just a little to much. i get about 200-300 fps average.

how do you find how many fps you got? i type fps in console and it looks something like this.

0.311234 seconds (411.266755 fps)

that is an actual copy and paste from de_nuke with 0 players when i type timerefresh. (at the ct spawn)

The higher fps you have the farther you fly when surfing. 100 is fine for most maps though people often go up to 131. Keep in mind anything higher than 100 can cause you to 'glitch', which is when u freeze on a ramp suddenly so you may not want to use it sometimes.

Type cl_showfps 1 in console to see your fps (cl_showfps 0 to turn it off)

Also after you turn of vertical sync type all these in console:
fps_modem 0 (if this is set to, say for instance: 60, it sticks my fps at 60)
fps_max 131 (this is generally considered by most as the maximum fps-to-glitch-risk-ratio to use)
developer 1 (this allows your fps to go above 100)

now if you type developer 0 your max fps will be 99, and all u have to do to get 131 would be to type developer 1 again

So now if u bind a key or mouse button to cycle between developer 1 and developer 0 you can instantly change your fps from 99 to 131 back and forth :)

HELPFUL CONSOLE COMMANDS

net_graph 3 <-- shows fps, choke, and m/s

room_type 0 <-- turns off any "echo" noises in maps

ex_interp .01 <-- just do it

RATES

rate 20000-25000

cl_updaterate 101

cl_cmdrate 101

Back