• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

GUHC (Gurw's Ultra-Hardcore) Tournament

TheGurw

guhc `gŭk n. - A mode of gameplay for the video game Minecraft, designed by the Mindcrack group and modified by TheGurw for a special Team9000 weekend of fun.

THE VOID WALKERS HAVE BEEN DECLARED WINNERS BY VIRTUE OF LAST TEAM STANDING. CONGRATULATIONS, AND THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING!
[collapse=Original Post]
---------------------------------------------------​

Hey y'all. Recently, Dinnerbone made it possible to play Ultra Hardcore mode (popularized by the Mindcrack group of players, including such famous names as SethBling and KurtJMac) in Vanilla Minecraft. So, I have taken it upon myself to set up a version of it for a day of T9k awesomeness. A J!NX gift certificate for $150 USD will be split by the winning team. If your country is not shipped to by J!NX, we can and will work something out. Either I will have them ship to me, then I'll ship to you; or an alternate gift certificate of equivalent value will be given.

The date will be 16 JUN 2013. This is a Sunday. The time we begin will be determined over the course of the next week as those that wish to participate let me know. I am happy to be awake at whatever time suits most people, as it's my weekend off and I really have nowhere to be. Additionally, the server will be set up and open to people who want to practice or just test their ragequit thresholds starting Thursday evening.

If I can find a way to revoke item-spawning and block-breaking for creative players, spectators will be allowed. If you know of a way to do this in Vanilla Minecraft, let me know please.

If you want to play in the tournament, you must post below stating the following information:
1. Your in-game name
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE)The game will start at 1500 MDT. For that in your local time, see this link: https://t9k.me/2t9
5. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own)
THE GAME IS EXPECTED TO LAST UP TO 5 HOURS. THE GAME WILL NOT START UNTIL AT LEAST 9 PLAYERS HAVE JOINED THE SERVER.

Available teams (more may become available if slots are filled - maximum 3 players per team):
Void Walkers (Full)
-Feone
-Allimon
-Ustulo

Lapis Beserkers (3 slots open)

Emerald Hunters (Full)
-mightythedj23
-Top_Of_The_World
-Pixiel

Diamond Knights (Full)
-StTheo
-Io_Reign
-CreeperT9K

Redstone Genies (Full)
-Pyrhos
-foxzm
-Maester_Squishy

FourTwenTeam (Full)
-fdebijl
-Zennai
-MotorKat

Solo Warriors
-rsmv2you (MajesticButtStallions)
-konflakes (ThePhallus)
-Highrise99
-Lukeperson6 (nonpersons)
-Pyrofiredelta
-Keyblade474
-skryter (RedundantMagicalWieldersOfMagic)
-Vorsprung

Capture6541.PNG

-------------------------------------​

For those who don't know, Ultra Hardcore is an extremely advanced version of Minecraft. When you die, you're done. No respawns. Health doesn't regenerate normally - you have to either eat a golden apple (which is 8 gold ingots, not nuggets) or use a healing potion - which requires a gold block. And lastly, PvP is turned on, with friendly-fire on as well. With Gurw Ultra Hardcore, there's one small twist - everyone starts with a full stack of obsidian, and a full stack of TNT. Why? Because blowing shit up is fun, but being blown up isn't. So I let you experience both!

The goal in this tournament is to do one of three things: be the team that transports the enderdragon egg to the altar at spawn; be the first team to light a beacon on the altar at spawn; or alternatively kill everyone else and be the last team standing. The game will end if any of the above occurs.

I will be following everyone's progress to ensure maximum fairness. Cheating players will be kicked from the tournament, and even if the other two members of their team win, the player will not receive a portion of the prize. Additionally, any unofficial T9k servers hosted in the future by me will have the name blacklisted. This is Ultra Hardcore, after all. If you get banned in GUHC, you get banned in REAL LIFE!

Also horses are a thing.

First person who intends to play that can find the Monty Python reference in this post AND posts with the proper reply starts the game with 1 golden apple.Correct answer: Vorsprung.
[/collapse]

I wanna play, but I suck at minecraft, but I'm probably free that day..soo to not screw anyone else over I request a solo team just to see how far I can get in this and if I get fucked Ill be happy either way.

1. rsmv2you
2. any time
(wat hapan 2 3?)
4. solo warriors (if I can can I request my solo team name be "the majestic butt stallions")

For those who don't know, Ultra Hardcore is an extremely advanced version of Minecraft. When you die, you're done. No respawns. Health doesn't regenerate normally - you have to either eat a golden apple (which is 8 gold ingots, not nuggets) or use a healing potion - which requires a gold block. And lastly, PvP is turned on, with friendly-fire on as well. With Gurw Ultra Hardcore, there's one small twist - everyone starts with a full stack of obsidian, and a full stack of TNT. Why? Because blowing shit up is fun, but being blown up isn't. So I let you experience both!

Healing potions require a gold block?

How big is the map?

How do spawns work?

How does hunger work?

1. Feone, Allimon, Ustulo
2. European sometime, 8 or later CST, Noon or later PST. (Or DT, I don't know which). Most likely available any time during this; however, late at night might be better for me.
3. Y no 3?
4. Void Walkers, I suppose.

1. Your in-game name: Pyrofiredelta
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE): Saturday afternoons about 1-6pm (Pacific Time)
4. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own): Caprica. If not Caprica then restone genies

Healing potions require a gold block?
hmmm. in the original uhc, they do. perhaps i'm mistaken about the new recipes. i know apples were changed. i'll look into it.
How big is the map?
I'll be limiting players to a fairly small area to keep the game under eight hours. No decision yet.
How do spawns work?
If you mean initial spawn, everyone will spawn in a similar area. If they spawn too far away, I'll have a commandblock set up that I'll just activate when we're ready to begin that will bring everyone together.

If you mean re-spawns.....it's hardcore. Once you die, you're kicked from the server. That's it. End of the line, pal.
How does hunger work?
If you're too hungry, you'll take damage. Other than that, your hunger bar does nothing.
I wanna play, but I suck at minecraft, but I'm probably free that day..soo to not screw anyone else over I request a solo team just to see how far I can get in this and if I get fucked Ill be happy either way.

1. rsmv2you
2. any time
(wat hapan 2 3?)
4. solo warriors (if I can can I request my solo team name be "the majestic butt stallions")
Done.
1. Feone, Allimon, Ustulo
2. European sometime, 8 or later CST, Noon or later PST. (Or DT, I don't know which). Most likely available any time during this; however, late at night might be better for me.
3. Y no 3?
4. Void Walkers, I suppose.
Done.
1. Your in-game name: Pyrofiredelta
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE): Saturday afternoons about 1-6pm (Pacific Time)
4. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own): Caprica. If not Caprica then restone genies
Redstone Genies unless all the other slots fill up and you have enough for another team. I can name you a solo team as Caprica if you want though.

How far does hunger damage you?

By spawns, I mean initial spawns. Will players of a team spawn near one another?

How far apart will teams / solo players spawn from one another?

Do initial logins grant a period of invincibility, but inability to attack?

How far does hunger damage you?
It's set to difficulty 3. That should answer that question, and a host of other ones too.

By spawns, I mean initial spawns. Will players of a team spawn near one another?
Players of a team will spawn near each other, solo players will be given unique team names (either self-decided such as with rsmv, or assigned by myself) to ensure they don't all spawn together.

EDIT: I should clarify. Everyone will spawn together, and then teams will be teleported together to a location away from the other teams/solo players.

How far apart will teams / solo players spawn from one another?
Depends on the total map size, which will depend on how many people sign up for this.

Do initial logins grant a period of invincibility, but inability to attack?
PvP will be disabled until the game starts. After the game starts, anyone who logs in will experience one of two fates.
If I can figure out how to remove item spawning and block breaking from players in creative-mode in Vanilla, people who log in after the game starts will be given creative mode.
If I can't, anyone who logs in after the game has started will be teleported to the Void and kicked from the server.

A few exceptions will apply. If you are a member of a team and you somehow let me know that you will be late, I will make special arrangements for you to join your team (with a penalty of hearts lost based on how late you are - likely 1 heart for every half hour). If you are a Solo Warrior, I'll find a decent place away from other players and tp you to it, deducting the hearts same as the team players...provided you tell me you'll be late beforehand. A simple PM on the forums will work. I won't start the game unless 9 people or more are playing, but if you're going to be late and I know about it, I'll start the game without reaching that threshold at the onset.

If either situation is true, you will be teleported, and then you're on your own.

EDIT: If you disconnect and then reconnect, play continues as normal. No invincibility unless Minecraft has added that into Vanilla recently. Sucks, but that's life.

1. Your in-game name: Skryter

2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE): 4 Pm - 2 Am (GMT +10)

4. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own): I guess I'll request to be placed on a solo team as well due to factors such as time zone issues having a chance to screw other team mates over, etc. If possible I'd like to request my team name to be "Magical Wielders of Magic and Redundancy".

1. Your in-game name: Skryter

2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE): 4 Pm - 2 Am (GMT +10)

4. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own): I guess I'll request to be placed on a solo team as well due to factors such as time zone issues having a chance to screw other team mates over, etc. If possible I'd like to request my team name to be "Magical Wielders of Magic and Redundancy".
Please shorten your name to less than 32 characters. Kthx.

What time of day will spawns be at as well? Morning? Afternoon? Night?

Edit: Ingame day.
Dat first post in more than two years...

hmmm. in the original uhc, they do. perhaps i'm mistaken about the new recipes. i know apples were changed. i'll look into it.
You mentioned that you would be altering the original UHC mode. What kind of special modifications will you be adding to the standard UHC gamemode? Or is that sort of information going to be saved until the 16th?

You mentioned that you would be altering the original UHC mode. What kind of special modifications will you be adding to the standard UHC gamemode? Or is that sort of information going to be saved until the 16th?
With Gurw Ultra Hardcore, there's one small twist - everyone starts with a full stack of obsidian, and a full stack of TNT.

Ah, I forgot to clarify. I was mainly referring to the healing methods (such as the golden apple/health potion), and wondering if there would be any modification to those game mechanics.
If Vanilla doesn't make it possible, it won't happen. I highly suggest watching SethBling's video on the most recent snapshot for information on what, exactly, the recent changes are.

I adjusted the goals of the game slightly. And don't worry about spawn campers with the new goals, there are ways around that.

Back