Guild Wars 2 Discussion

bbgunshot

Hello, I drew the short straw and decided to make a formal "official" thread for Guild Wars 2 discussion.

If you want some structure for starting off, state your...

Arena.Net username: bbgunshot.3962
Ingame username: Bibishiato
Profession (class): Engineer
Race: Sylvari
Server: Stormbluff Isle
Alt accounts, playstyles, tips, etc.

Feel free to add me. From T9K I've talked with Pixiel, theepro, and Anaxo ingame.

Unfortunately T9K didn't have an organized server for everyone so we are a bit scattered. If we want to establish a server for people to join on from here on out that would be fine, but I doubt it will matter much now.

Personally I just started but really wanted to play the game when it initially came out. Now that I am playing, the UI, leveling, instancing, partying, gameplay, and pretty much everything else is far more entertaining than any other MMO I've played (never actually reached max level in an MMO due to boredom). There's also some new expansion coming out that I don't know much about. Anyways, get to playing! Talk! Party! Stuff!

I haven't played for a long long time but I'm willing to get on and hang out with you all!
Tolstar.7623
Tarnished Coast

EDIT: To those players who've been around, I've been absent since August-ish. What have I missed since then?

Skycall.8195
Northern Shiverpeaks

Main: "Roselia Feldwin" lvl 80 Human Thief (S/P, SB)

Alts: Lvl 7 Asura Warrior, lvl 17 Charr Engineer.

Yes, we should totally decide on a T9k server.
No, we shouldn't... Not unless you're willing to cough up the $20 USD for each person who has to transfer servers.

You can play on any server, if you're in a party with someone from said server, so there's no point in stuffing everyone into the same server, unless it's WvW you're worried about.

No, we shouldn't... Not unless you're willing to cough up the $20 USD for each person who has to transfer servers.

You can play on any server, if you're in a party with someone from said server, so there's no point in stuffing everyone into the same server, unless it's WvW you're worried about.
Oh, dang. I thought one could just create a new character in any world. Didn't know your whole account was bound to one.

Is it bad that the thing I enjoy most about this game is taking screenshots? :D
Some of them are fun, especially if you can get others to play along and help set up good ones.

gw005.jpg

gw011.jpg
<------ 2nd Favorite.
gw023.jpg

gw007.jpg

gw022.jpg

gw013.jpg
<------ My favorite. Protect the pig at all costs. :p
gw025.jpg
<------ Current outfit.

(My god, the amount of times I change my outfit is astounding...)

Edit~ Aaaaand my outfit has changed again...

New game update today, find the full patch notes here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-16-2015

Most notable:

New camera settings in the General Options panel:
Added a Field of View slider.
Added a Zoom Sensitivity slider, which controls how quickly zooming in and out occurs.
Added a Collision Sensitivity slider, which controls how readily the camera will ignore obstructions between itself and your character.
Removed the Position slider.
Added a Horizontal Position slider, which controls how much the camera is shifted to the left or right of your character.
Added a Vertical Position slider, which controls how much camera height increases as you zoom out.
Added an Enable First-Person Camera check box. To enter first-person mode, zoom in again while at minimum camera zoom.
Added an Adjust Camera to Character Height check box. When unchecked, the camera will be placed at the same height regardless of your character size.
Added a Restore Defaults button.

WvW map completion is no longer a requirement for a character to achieve World Completion, and these maps no longer award map completion rewards.

Fixed an issue in which players could take repeated falling damage when running down steep inclines.

New game update today, find the full patch notes here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-16-2015

Most notable:

New camera settings in the General Options panel:
Added a Field of View slider.
Added a Zoom Sensitivity slider, which controls how quickly zooming in and out occurs.
Added a Collision Sensitivity slider, which controls how readily the camera will ignore obstructions between itself and your character.
Removed the Position slider.
Added a Horizontal Position slider, which controls how much the camera is shifted to the left or right of your character.
Added a Vertical Position slider, which controls how much camera height increases as you zoom out.
Added an Enable First-Person Camera check box. To enter first-person mode, zoom in again while at minimum camera zoom.
Added an Adjust Camera to Character Height check box. When unchecked, the camera will be placed at the same height regardless of your character size.
Added a Restore Defaults button.

WvW map completion is no longer a requirement for a character to achieve World Completion, and these maps no longer award map completion rewards.

Fixed an issue in which players could take repeated falling damage when running down steep inclines.

"Added a Collision Sensitivity slider, which controls how readily the camera will ignore obstructions between itself and your character."

"Fixed an issue in which players could take repeated falling damage when running down steep inclines."

These two things make me very happy. Honestly I'm surprised it took them so long to add a restore defaults button too. And first person mode? That's pretty sweet.

Is it bad that the thing I enjoy most about this game is taking screenshots? :D
Some of them are fun, especially if you can get others to play along and help set up good ones.

View attachment 144491
View attachment 144492 <------ 2nd Favorite.
View attachment 144495
View attachment 144497
View attachment 144494
View attachment 144493 <------ My favorite. Protect the pig at all costs. :p
View attachment 144496 <------ Current outfit.

(My god, the amount of times I change my outfit is astounding...)

Edit~ Aaaaand my outfit has changed again...
Woo! It's not just me!

gw001.jpg

gw022.jpg

gw024.jpg

gw041.jpg

gw068.jpg

I have more, but they were taken through steam .-.

Ctrl-Shift-H removes the hud for better picture taking. Trick I picked up on by watching random chat while idling in Divinity's Reach.

I can't help it. Every time I get a chance to visit this spot I always feel the need to take a picture...

Also, everything about my thief has changed. A bit...

gw030.jpg

Back