Guild Wars 2 SALE!!!

Couple questions.

How long will this sale last?

Is this game fun to solo? Most of the time when I play an MMO I don't have people to play with, but sometimes I do.

Do people still play this game? Is it still regularly updated? I'm not interested in getting into something that is dead or dying, especially for an MMO.

How do the expansions work? It's been a long time since I've looked into the guild wars business model. I know it's a pay once play forever game though (which is boss).
They just had a new major update at PAX South, actually. It's a very active game. Even if you don't have people on that you know, you're more than likely to make new friends. the community in the game is very friendly. the "expansions" are essentially world-wide updated activities, like a war going on between nations, something was destroyed and they need your help sort of thing.

The lvl Cap is currently 80, but you can have up to 5 characters and the game is still fun to play after the cap is reached. Thee_Pro plays daily, I play almost daily, now.

Any other questions? Did I miss anything? :)

They just had a new major update at PAX South, actually. It's a very active game. Even if you don't have people on that you know, you're more than likely to make new friends. the community in the game is very friendly. the "expansions" are essentially world-wide updated activities, like a war going on between nations, something was destroyed and they need your help sort of thing.

The lvl Cap is currently 80, but you can have up to 5 characters and the game is still fun to play after the cap is reached. Thee_Pro plays daily, I play almost daily, now.

Any other questions? Did I miss anything? :)

Thanks a lot for telling me. I almost missed the sale! I really wanted to play this game when it first came out but didn't have a comp to play it. Hopefully it still lives up to all the great things I've heard about it after all these years. :D

Btw, what server does T9K play on for the most part? Hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for telling me. I almost missed the sale! I really wanted to play this game when it first came out but didn't have a comp to play it. Hopefully it still lives up to all the great things I've heard about it after all these years. :D

Btw, what server does T9K play on for the most part? Hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow.
This game never had a T9k following. Everyone seems to be on different servers. You are allowed to play with friends on different servers/worlds via the party system. My biggest suggestion is to pick the server you really want/think you'll like, because it costs RL money to permanently change servers.

I suggest playing on a tier 1 server since it has a more expansive and fun WvW scene, if it's something you'd be interested in. Also more people is better! Megaservers made it so it's never overcrowded and you can always play with friends

Alrighty I've finished downloading chose a server based on Pyro's suggestion.
Username: Sean Am
Server: Ferguson's Crossing
I'm playing a human engineer, cause why not.

Bee Tee Dubs:

NewspaperCrane.5218
Furguson's Crossing

Leveling a ranger right now, also have some other stuff which is less fun.

I've added everyone so far.

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of server hopping (If any of you would ever actually add me back so I can see if you're online...)

Ingame name: Bibishiato

Username: bbgunshot.3962

Server: Stormbluff Isle

I'm playing as a Sylvari Engineer.

Yeah, I was installing a network card on my desktop today and dropped my pc because the front plate fell off while I was carrying to a safe place to work on it. I think I knocked the cpu cooler off of the right spot - it was never actually put on correctly because I could never fit it on my motherboard, hence only 3 out of the 4 screws are actually used to mount it.

Anyways, my cpu was hitting 95C while playing GW2 today - so I'm probably not gonna play any games til my new cooler comes in.

Wow, show's how quickly that changed. I just followed the link to see the price and check it out, and blam the price is jacked back up... Oh well not like I don't have quite a few games right now anyways... Hopefully someday i might be able to check it out. Always seemed like a good game to me.

Back