Half-life 3?

3vans

Recently at the VGA awards, valve released a short video from Wheatley, saying how pleased he was to be receiving an award from space. The video comes from a source called:

OBSERVATION SATELLITE “LANTHANUM”

The latter word meaning 'to lie hidden' in Greek. (Possibly how valve is 'lying hidden' about HL3 development.) And, when translated into greek, the word is:

λανθανω

That's right, it begins with:

λ

The Half-Life symbol. He ends the video by saying the first 3 numbers of his co-ordinates, which are 1, 1, 1. Add them up. This is looking really promising for HL fans worldwide.

I'm thinking that there are going to be more story twists between portal and HL. Maybe Black Mesa rescues Wheatley and uses him to destroy Aperture? Then they finish the series with a final game where you play as Chell and Alyx, trying to destroy each other, but then becoming best friends?

Who knows.

UPDATE:
Marc Laidlaw (Valve employee) said that there is no ARG at the moment

That means that there's no ARG or there will be one soon-ish.

BUT:

Lanthanum has a half-life of 60,000 years and has an atomic number of 57. 5+7=12. There are 9 letters in Lanthanum, which is three threes. And Lanthanum is in group 3 of the periodic table. (The latter 3 are probably too much).

According to Marc Laidlaw, it is a coincidence that E3 2012 goes from (american date format) 6/5/12 to 6/7/12.

It therefore must also be a coincidence that HL2 was released 4 and a half years after HL, and that E3 2012 is 4 and a half years after the release of HL2.

To add to this, at the end of the video, the image goes fuzzy. This then turns into these images. (the red and blue channels seperated)

1323582541148.jpg

Yep, a headcrab. Or a coincidence? :D

But there's more:

Recently, there have been rumors of a voice actor having recorded sound for "Half-Life: Episode Three"

This means that either way, there is a new HL game in the works, somewhere on level 9001 at Valve HQ.

This is a bit far-fetched, but there are a few lambada constellations in the background of the video (HL symbol)
lambdav.jpg

The @Doug_Rattman twitter account (Which I've heard is fake) has suddenly become active again, saying that a new signal will be arriving in at least 60 days. If the account is fake, this is probably the 12-year-old sitting at his computer and thinking of the most likely time for valve to announce something. He then said:

It has begun

Replacing the b with the greek symbol for beta. Again, I've heard the account is fake, so this probably means nothing. But I'll keep an eye out in 60 days when the rumors start up again.

TL;DR: Wheatley "released" a video stating how he's happy to be nominated to receive a VGA. There are a lot of hidden messages in this video that are Valve ARG-style, that could possibly mean a half-life 3. Valve dev has said that there isn't anything going on, possibly fake twitter account suddenly activates and HL3 voice acting supposedly happened, confirming a new HL game.

Phew.

Someone also mentioned that this could just be a portal 2 DLC leadup. Which is a possibility.

UPDATE x2:

@Doug_Rattmann had been posting more recently. Just before christmas he said

@Doug_Rattmann said:
If it's true what they say, only 3 more days until Christmas!

Then he started talking about waiting for something for a really long time, and finally getting it. He eventually singed off saying that he has a good feeling that it will be soon.

IF he's real, then this is really, really crazy. If he's not real, then call me gullible.

Recently at the VGA awards, valve released a short video from Wheatley, saying how pleased he was to be receiving an award from space. The video comes from a source called:

OBSERVATION SATELLITE “LANTHANUM”

The latter word meaning 'to lie hidden' in Greek. (Possibly how valve is 'lying hidden' about HL3 development.) And, when translated into greek, the word is:

λανθανω

That's right, it begins with:

λ

The Half-Life symbol. He ends the video by saying the first 3 numbers of his co-ordinates, which are 1, 1, 1. Add them up. This is looking really promising for HL fans worldwide.

I'm thinking that their are going to be more story twists between portal and HL. Maybe Black Mesa rescues Wheatley and uses him to destroy Aperture? Then they finish the series with a final game where you play as Chell and Alyx, trying to destroy each other, but then becoming best friends?

Who knows.
halflife-3.jpg

I bet it turns out to relate to some completely new game Valve is working on, or it's simply a:
Red Herring2.gif

Definition #1, of course.

Watch it be the THREE musketeers or some shit
I heard that... I think, though, it MIGHT JUST BE the time that they finally decide to release this game. I noticed more and more HL3 things have been popping up, but they're probably just valve trolling. Though, Gabe said that:

Gabe Newell said:
We're announcing all of your favourite things at E3 2012

In response to an email from a 4chan thread. This email included one L4D hat reference and 2 HL3 references.
Anyway, at least ONE new game from valve will be announced then.

Valve supposedly made a statement that they wouldn't be making any more single player games but I take that with a grain of salt (hopefully it isn't true D:

Valve supposedly made a statement that they wouldn't be making any more single player games but I take that with a grain of salt (hopefully it isn't true D:
That would be like shooting themselves in the foot for no discernable reason.

They said "Single-Player+" i.e. Single-Player with social elements.

The doug_rattmann account was never confirmed as fake, it seemed to know what was going to happen in the previous ARG. Keep a watch on it.

The doug_rattmann account was never confirmed as fake, it seemed to know what was going to happen in the previous ARG. Keep a watch on it.
lambdageneration says that it posted fake leads. But that could have just been valve trolling. There's something going on, anyway.

lambdageneration says that it posted fake leads. But that could have just been valve trolling. There's something going on, anyway.
Can't we just wait for them to come out with an official announcement instead of building up hopes on suspicious grounds? Just relax and play some other games or the previous Half-Life's

Can't we just wait for them to come out with an official announcement instead of building up hopes on suspicious grounds? Just relax and play some other games or the previous Half-Life's
good point. just something to do while i was bored

Back