• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Halloween Update!!

Fijicoconut

Just thought about starting a thread about the new halloween update. For starters i haven't got the update yet, but will soon. Feel free to discuss the halloween update here.

Lol me starting a thread i must be on something

General Consensus among the Team9000 Alpha members:

Wtf. portals don't work in multiplayer. You can't see the jackolanterns on other players heads. Minecrarts still don't work. Damage still doesn't work. The "bugs" he fixed were basically nothing. Was Notch drunk?

That about sums it up.

well since im getting it today (i chose minecraft instead of trickor treating :p) i cant wait!
im going to build a wood weapon~ (and yes thats exciting)

Most people have WAY too high expectations right now. They constantly forget that Minecraft is in ALPHA.. not beta.. ALPHA. We're lucky he's even letting us buy it early and get all the updates for free.

Plus he's moving into a new office where he can really collaborate with all the developers he has on board.. i bet by March we'll at least be in beta

im sorry, but im really new. whats the difference between alpha and beta???

Alpha is the very beginning of development, the very basic code, the very basic ideas, and plenty of bugs and glitches.

Beta is the release that's usually released to testers to stress test servers, find those glitches and bugs, and to be open about ideas and implement them and test again and again.

Then usually after beta they'll fix said glitches and bugs, and put together a final release.

Back