Hi

Jyk7

First post, announcing myself and talking about my first build that i'm proud of.

I'm Jyk7. I build replicas of things I like in video games and very precise patterns that i just grind on when I'm bored.

thing1.png

The first attached image (thing1 is the file name) is the picture of the centerpiece of the build. Notable features displayed in this picture are the central water elevator, the rainbow steps, and the black markers.

The water elevator is basically ease of access. The entire build is located at the bottom of guest 406, so as not to get in the way of anyone else's stuff. Even so, if i were let alone to grind on it, it would eventually rise to the surface and undoubtedly irk some people. Even though it is entirely practical, the design I made around it makes it pretty awesome looking.

The rainbow stairs were very whimsical, really. I just looked at the stone one moment and thought to myself, "It needs some color." The actual design of the steps is fairly common, with slab and brick variation allowing users to simply walk from one step to the next without spamming space. The only really original thing here is the scale.

The black stripes are more practical than the rainbow design of the steps, when I'm circling the edge to expand the design, I like to have a halfway through marker. The lines do converge all the way up to the water elevator, incorporating themselves into the artistic (I hope) design.

thing2.png

The second image (thing2) up the stairs from the bottom. Since I play on my laptop, I set my fog on short so that I don't overheat anything. That's a large part of why it looks so huge. Not that it isn't huge, though.

thing3.png

The third image (thing3) is from about halfway to where I stopped on the project for the night, looking sideways. As you can see, the pattern continues. The seemingly large amount of head room actually is necessary for smooth movement between steps. If the path only had two blocks of clearance, you'd hit your dude's head on every step. While that doesn't hurt, it does slow you down.

First post, announcing myself and talking about my first build that i'm proud of.

I'm Jyk7. I build replicas of things I like in video games and very precise patterns that i just grind on when I'm bored.

The first attached image (thing1 is the file name) is the picture of the centerpiece of the build. Notable features displayed in this picture are the central water elevator, the rainbow steps, and the black markers.

The water elevator is basically ease of access. The entire build is located at the bottom of guest 406, so as not to get in the way of anyone else's stuff. Even so, if i were let alone to grind on it, it would eventually rise to the surface and undoubtedly irk some people. Even though it is entirely practical, the design I made around it makes it pretty awesome looking.

The rainbow stairs were very whimsical, really. I just looked at the stone one moment and thought to myself, "It needs some color." The actual design of the steps is fairly common, with slab and brick variation allowing users to simply walk from one step to the next without spamming space. The only really original thing here is the scale.

The black stripes are more practical than the rainbow design of the steps, when I'm circling the edge to expand the design, I like to have a halfway through marker. The lines do converge all the way up to the water elevator, incorporating themselves into the artistic (I hope) design.

The second image (thing2) up the stairs from the bottom. Since I play on my laptop, I set my fog on short so that I don't overheat anything. That's a large part of why it looks so huge. Not that it isn't huge, though.

The third image (thing3) is from about halfway to where I stopped on the project for the night, looking sideways. As you can see, the pattern continues. The seemingly large amount of head room actually is necessary for smooth movement between steps. If the path only had two blocks of clearance, you'd hit your dude's head on every step. While that doesn't hurt, it does slow you down.

I'm not sure this worked as intended, so I'm going to be looking through the help forums and editing this when I get done

View attachment 84351 View attachment 84351 View attachment 84352 View attachment 84353 View attachment 84351 View attachment 84352 View attachment 84353 View attachment 84351 View attachment 84352 View attachment 84353 View attachment 84351 View attachment 84352 View attachment 84353 View attachment 84351 View attachment 84352 View attachment 84353
batman-meme.jpg

Also, totally wrong section.

Pretty cool and it seems like you put a lot of work into it. The admins will most likely come over here to tell you that this thread is on the wrong page. It should be here, but don't get discouraged, it looks great!

Keep building...

Edit: Don't be too put off by rsmv's reaction... that's just how he rolls lol.

Also, an admin can move this thread to the promotion forum, or you can create a new one yourself. Your choice :D

Pretty cool and it seems like you put a lot of work into it. The admins will most likely come over here to tell you that this thread is on the wrong page. It should be here, but don't get discouraged, it looks great!

Keep building...

Edit: Don't be too discouraged by rsmv's reaction... that's just how he rolls lol.

Haha, thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, I kind of figured that it was in the wrong place, but I can still repost it where it goes later.

I figured he was like that, straight haired Pinky Pie is an important indicator.

Hey! I fixed it! Give me a break, learning new systems results in failed attempts.

Seriously, my first post and within 5 minutes of posting I get that? I think i'm going to like it here.
Sorry, I wasn't mad or anything, just my first reaction to your post. :p Also, no need to re-post, it will be moved soon.

Also,

I figured he was like that, straight haired Pinky Pie is an important indicator.
<3

Haha, thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, I kind of figured that it was in the wrong place, but I can still repost it where it goes later.

Hey, you even know her name :D He is the resident self-proclaimed emo brony overlord.

I am the self-proclaimed Master of the Sprites and resident catfish, nice to meet ya!

Glad to meet you. I'm more into really big swords and dragonslaying, myself.
Well that's all right. I'm a Thief myself so I like sneaking around and x 30 backstab damage. To each his own :D

I'll have to agree with you on the Dragonslaying bit though.

bbgunshot, ditto.

Well that's all right. I'm a Thief myself so I like sneaking around and x 30 backstab damage. To each his own :D

I'll have to agree with you on the Dragonslaying bit though.

bbgunshot, ditto.

The mentioning of the swords in particular was just to place me in the right category. I actually have five characters going on Skyrim at the moment:

Assassin: Used light armor till I got the Silence perk, then switched to heavy for the brawling abilities. The only times she ever gets into an actual fight is when she gets jumped on the road. The rest of the time, It's just a long string of throat slashing animations.

Warrior: Sword and Board. He relies heavily on his enchanted armor to close distance with dragons and mages, and his Nord cold resistance doesn't hurt either. I haven't actually played him in a long while, Mage, Assassin, Theif and Werewolf have been way too much fun.

Mage: High Elf specialized into Shock magic and Atronoch conjuration. Between the Morokei mask and the Archmage's robes, he hardly ever feels a drain on his magic pool. Thirty seconds after he walks into a room full of hostiles, everything in it is just piles of ash. No exceptions.

Werewolf: Khajit with the werewolf curse/blessing. When "normal", he uses light armor because that bleeds through to his changed state, his other tactics vary. His innate Claws ability bleeds through to werewolf form, giving him 15 extra points of damage per hit.

Theif: He was the last character to be made, but the first to get a million golds. Less than a thousand of it was made legally.

The mentioning of the swords in particular was just to place me in the right category. I actually have five characters going on Skyrim at the moment:

Assassin: Used light armor till I got the Silence perk, then switched to heavy for the brawling abilities. The only times she ever gets into an actual fight is when she gets jumped on the road. The rest of the time, It's just a long string of throat slashing animations.

Warrior: Sword and Board. He relies heavily on his enchanted armor to close distance with dragons and mages, and his Nord cold resistance doesn't hurt either. I haven't actually played him in a long while, Mage, Assassin, Theif and Werewolf have been way too much fun.

Mage: High Elf specialized into Shock magic and Atronoch conjuration. Between the Morokei mask and the Archmage's robes, he hardly ever feels a drain on his magic pool. Thirty seconds after he walks into a room full of hostiles, everything in it is just piles of ash. No exceptions.

Werewolf: Khajit with the werewolf curse/blessing. When "normal", he uses light armor because that bleeds through to his changed state, his other tactics vary. His innate Claws ability bleeds through to werewolf form, giving him 15 extra points of damage per hit.

Theif: He was the last character to be made, but the first to get a million golds. Less than a thousand of it was made legally.
Ahhh, you'll fit in well over here and here.

For Werewolf, I highly recommend
skyrim%2Bgloves%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bpugilist.JPG
As you can see, it helps a lot. Too bad there's no "unarmed" skill tree/constellation because I'm not really sure if unarmed is worth it unless you are a Khajiit Werewolf.

Ahhh, you'll fit in well over here and here.

For Werewolf, I highly recommend
skyrim%2Bgloves%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bpugilist.JPG
As you can see, it helps a lot. Too bad there's no "unarmed" skill tree/constellation because I'm not really sure if unarmed is worth it unless you are a Khajiit Werewolf.

I miss unarmed combat from Oblivion too. Werewolf doesn't actually use unarmed combat unless he's been disarmed, He tends to switch between all the weapon types to skill up all of them. That said, he usually enters a dungeon armed with only a dagger. The goal is to use weapons from fallen enemies to kill the rest of them.

If there were an unarmed tree, I'd love for one of the perks to be a disarm and claim weapon power attack of some sort so I could play Skyrim like I play Assasin's Creed 2. I'm not holding my breathe though. I strongly doubt that any DLC would involve a whole new tree.

welcome to t9k. you will fit in well here. just hope u are ready for the madness that awaits you :D

I miss unarmed combat from Oblivion too. Werewolf doesn't actually use unarmed combat unless he's been disarmed, He tends to switch between all the weapon types to skill up all of them. That said, he usually enters a dungeon armed with only a dagger. The goal is to use weapons from fallen enemies to kill the rest of them.

If there were an unarmed tree, I'd love for one of the perks to be a disarm and claim weapon power attack of some sort so I could play Skyrim like I play Assasin's Creed 2. I'm not holding my breathe though. I strongly doubt that any DLC would involve a whole new tree.
I'm sure there will be a mod for that because i LOVE unarmed combat :D

I tried making Whiterun today. It was too big. I will need more space if I am going to make Skyrim.

Yes, I'm that crazy.

I got the gatehouse, the path to Whiterun, Warmaiden's, and Breezehome built fine. Then I tried to make the Cloud district and people had built where Carlotta Valentia's house was supposed to be. I guess I should have made the Drunken Huntsman first.

I tried making Whiterun today. It was too big. I will need more space if I am going to make Skyrim.

Yes, I'm that crazy.

I got the gatehouse, the path to Whiterun, Warmaiden's, and Breezehome built fine. Then I tried to make the Cloud district and people had built where Carlotta Valentia's house was supposed to be. I guess I should have made the Drunken Huntsman first.
Do you have a new thread with all your builds in it under the correct sub-forum? The mods have sort of decided that this is more of a Welcome Thread than it is a promotion application.

If you're still interested in promotion then you can go ahead and make your proper promotion thread there, with all your builds so far. I'd like to see how things are going with Whiterun so screenshots would be cool. :)

Back